Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Visiting Cincy
Pat Kirwan had Mixon on Sirius Radio the other day. Unfortunately, I missed it, but Pat was not impressed. He said he thinks the kid is genuinely sorry for what he did, but he still has a long way to go. He always leaves it as "Listen and judge for yourself"; as I think he is remiss to say anything negative, but the definately doesn't say anything positive.

Wasn't there also an incident with Mixon and a female parking attendant? I must admit I do not have a soft spot for those that assault women. Whether we agree with it or not 18 is the age we assign to adulthood. Mixon was supposedly an adult when he made this choice.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pat Kirwan had Mixon on Sirius Radio the other day. Unfortunately, I missed it, but Pat was not impressed. He said he thinks the kid is genuinely sorry for what he did, but he still has a long way to go. He always leaves it as "Listen and judge for yourself"; as I think he is remiss to say anything negative, but the definately doesn't say anything positive.

Wasn't there also an incident with Mixon and a female parking attendant? I must admit I do not have a soft spot for those that assault women. Whether we agree with it or not 18 is the age we assign to adulthood. Mixon was supposedly an adult when he made this choice.

Cool I will give it a listen.  Who hasn't wanted to roll up a parking ticket and throw it in a meter maids face lmao.

Who knows maybe the kid is a immature miserable piece of shit and not worth the consideration

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 11:57 AM)Okeana Wrote: I mean where do I even start with this.  Just read between the lines here and you get a clearer view of whats truly being said. "piece of shit thug life enthusiast" ?  For one moment do you believe this kid is some card carrying Blood gang member?  No I think its pretty clear what you want to say here without having the balls to say it.

You must think that you would have the same exact social values as you do now if you were raised in the same environment as he was?  The culture in which you are raised is the predominate factor in your belief system and maybe the situation didn't deescalate because of some of these social factors ? 

Also why is she some blameless princess in this entire thing?  Sometimes you have to eat a shit sandwich in life and walk away.  He never once physically went at her or her friends and only overrated when she physically went at him.  I don't care if she wasn't strong enough to hurt him it is completely beside the point.  If she doesn't go towards him she doesn't get a broken jaw and this entire situation is avoided.  

A 17 year old kid punched a drunk girl who came at him because both people were to stupid to walk away from a immature situation.  You can say it a million different ways but he didn't attack this girl in an ally, he wasn't going out that night to beat up some white girl, and he's not some crazy sociopath trying to destroy society one sorority girl at a time.  People immortalize and admire great soldiers like Genghis khan who murdered and raped hundreds of thousands of women and children; but a black teenager punches a white girl and now hes an unredeemable piece of shit thug.

Do you know my race?   Hilarious  i didn't think so.

As to the rest:
She DID walk away.  
His Buddies walked away when she went inside.
Mixon chose to escalate this. He didn't just find himself inside.
She pushed him away. Clearly.
He, in fact, did go at her when he faked a punch.
She slapped him.
He serves her the "shit sandwhich" she clearly deserved for panicing and trying to protect herself.  Whatever
The moral gymnastics you are doing here to make this girls face crushing not a big deal is really odd. Maybe there are different values associated with being a man in your environment?  Who knows. For me, his actions are an issue. Your milage may vary.

And you're right.  He didn't attack her in an alley  He walked into a brightly lit restaurant and blasted her in front of everyone and just calmly walked out.  

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:52 PM)Burma Wrote: Do you know my race?   Hilarious  i didn't think so.

As to the rest:
She DID walk away.  
His Buddies walked away when she went inside.
Mixon chose to escalate this. He didn't just find himself inside.
She pushed him away. Clearly.
He, in fact, did go at her when he faked a punch.
She slapped him.
He serves her the "shit sandwhich" she clearly deserved for panicing and trying to protect herself.  Whatever
The moral gymnastics you are doing here to make this girls face crushing not a big deal is really odd. Maybe there are different values associated with being a man in your environment?  Who knows. For me, his actions are an issue. Your milage may vary.

And you're right.  He didn't attack her in an alley  He walked into a brightly lit restaurant and blasted her in front of everyone and just calmly walked out.  

I DONT CARE what your race is.  You and I will never see this situation the same because your loading this entire thing up with perceived fake facts.  She called him over to the table and said something to him before walking into the door baiting him into the situation.  She shoved him and from that point on she is responsible for the results plain and simple.  The shove doesn't happen she doesn't end up with a broken jaw.

I am not playing some moral gymnastics because I understand that this situation is grey.  All you see is that a girl got punched and that it is wrong without even trying to understand how we arrived at this result.  In your narrative you skew every single fact of this situation to color her in the best light and make him into a sociopath villain.  I have repeatedly said that this situation was wrong.  Hitting her is not how he should have handled this situation, but you're not going to convince me he is some kind of monster.

One thing I know for sure is that your argument continues to break down when you and others like you take the moral high ground then try to paint me in the role of the villain.  If a person doesn't agree with you then they become your enemy and you start insinuating that i'm some lurking wife beater.  

To put this entire thread back on topic.  He has the talent of a first round pick and drafting him in the 2nd round is a good thing if your system can place extra effort into developing this guy mentally into a better person.  If not spare the headache and draft one of the many good backs in this draft class.

Reply/Quote
I absolutely hate what he did, but

I've never been one to say one mistake and you are finished. Everyone deserves a second chance (except when you murder someone or rape someone).

I'm pretty much worn out from talking about Mixon. You either agree with drafting him or you don't. There's nothing that will come out now that will change your impression of the incident. If we draft him, I'm fine with it.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 01:35 PM)Okeana Wrote: I DONT CARE what your race is.  You and I will never see this situation the same because your loading this entire thing up with perceived fake facts.  She called him over to the table and said something to him before walking into the door baiting him into the situation.  She shoved him and from that point on she is responsible for the results plain and simple.  The shove doesn't happen she doesn't end up with a broken jaw.

I am not playing some moral gymnastics because I understand that this situation is grey.  All you see is that a girl got punched and that it is wrong without even trying to understand how we arrived at this result.  In your narrative you skew every single fact of this situation to color her in the best light and make him into a sociopath villain.  I have repeatedly said that this situation was wrong.  Hitting her is not how he should have handled this situation, but you're not going to convince me he is some kind of monster.

One thing I know for sure is that your argument continues to break down when you and others like you take the moral high ground then try to paint me in the role of the villain.  If a person doesn't agree with you then they become your enemy and you start insinuating that i'm some lurking wife beater.  

To put this entire thread back on topic.  He has the talent of a first round pick and drafting him in the 2nd round is a good thing if your system can place extra effort into developing this guy mentally into a better person.  If not spare the headache and draft one of the many good backs in this draft class.

You're not anyone's enemy. We disagree that's it. This shit makes people heated and for good reason. The bottom line for me is I want to like the guys I am cheering for.  Without that we might as well be cheering for laundry on the field.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 01:55 PM)Burma Wrote: You're not anyone's enemy. We disagree that's it. This shit makes people heated and for good reason. The bottom line for me is I want to like the guys I am cheering for.  Without that we might as well be cheering for laundry on the field.

Now that I can understand and 100% agree with.

Reply/Quote
Now i'm about to light this board on fire and say something that a lot of people don't want to hear.  The packers have said they don't think mixon will be available when they pick in the first.  I've heard multiple scout sources say that Detroit is a major player in the first for him after establishing their offensive line.  

There is a chance after the pro day and testing that the Bengals are evaluating him as possible a first round pick.  They have consistently said they were interested in Leonard Fournette, but I think the pro day testing and tape is so impressing on Mixon that they're seriously evaluating him as a top 10 pick knowing he probably won't make it to the 2nd round. That's why they immediately brought him in for a visit after the pro day.  The blow back on tv and in this city is going to be huge if this happens, but I think there is a higher than 50% chance it happens.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 02:17 PM)Okeana Wrote: Now i'm about to light this board on fire and say something that a lot of people don't want to hear.  The packers have said they don't think mixon will be available when they pick in the first.  I've heard multiple scout sources say that Detroit is a major player in the first for him after establishing their offensive line.  

There is a chance after the pro day and testing that the Bengals are evaluating him as possible a first round pick.  They have consistently said they were interested in Leonard Fournette, but I think the pro day testing and tape is so impressing on Mixon that they're seriously evaluating him as a top 10 pick knowing he probably won't make it to the 2nd round. That's why they immediately brought him in for a visit after the pro day.  The blow back on tv and in this city is going to be huge if this happens, but I think there is a higher than 50% chance it happens.

That's not what he said.  He said that he "didn't think that Mixon would be there for us"

That doesn't' mean they are thinking their 1st rounder, he could very easily be saying that he doesn't think that Mixon will be there with their 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick.

I don't think there is any chance that they are considering him at #9.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 02:30 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's not what he said.  He said that he "didn't think that Mixon would be there for us"

That doesn't' mean they are thinking their 1st rounder, he could very easily be saying that he doesn't think that Mixon will be there with their 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick.

I don't think there is any chance that they are considering him at #9.

Technically what was overheard is " He's gonna be gone before we have a shot ".  I guess this could be the guy talking about the 2nd round, but that would be kinda strange wording.  Everyone assumed 2 months ago he was a 5th round pick. then and 4th, then a 3rd, oh now hes a 2nd.  Do you not see where this is going ?  The Bengals want to draft a running back and like a guy like Leonard Fournette in the top 10.  Then Joe Mixon test better than Fournette and he's showing up that weekend in cincy?  how far of a reach is it for them to say " Hey we consider this guy to be the #1 running back in this draft and we aren't concerned drafting him in the 2nd why not use a first if we don't think he makes it to us ".  If they dont have a problem drafting guy like mixon in the 2nd and they consider him to be better than a guy they are considering in the top 10... well you do the math. 

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 02:46 PM)Okeana Wrote: Technically what was overheard is " He's gonna be gone before we have a shot ".  I guess this could be the guy talking about the 2nd round, but that would be kinda strange wording.  Everyone assumed 2 months ago he was a 5th round pick. then and 4th, then a 3rd, oh now hes a 2nd.  Do you not see where this is going ?  The Bengals want to draft a running back and like a guy like Leonard Fournette in the top 10.  Then Joe Mixon test better than Fournette and he's showing up that weekend in cincy?  how far of a reach is it for them to say " Hey we consider this guy to be the #1 running back in this draft and we aren't concerned drafting him in the 2nd why not use a first if we don't think he makes it to us ".  If they dont have a problem drafting guy like mixon in the 2nd and they consider him to be better than a guy they are considering in the top 10... well you do the math. 

You can't believe a word that comes out of anybody's mouth during the draft process.

I don't think any teams viewed him as a 5th round pick.  The media may put that tag on him, but the teams all have him as a first or second round talent.  The real question is whether or not teams have taken him off their boards completely.
Reply/Quote
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2697592-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-joe-mixons-draft-stock-is-surprisingly-rising

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 03:20 PM)Okeana Wrote: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2697592-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-joe-mixons-draft-stock-is-surprisingly-rising
Now, remember the first and only rule of Draft Club: Everyone lies about Draft Club. So if team officials say Mixon's draft stock is rising, well, it may not be.

But in this case, I believe Mixon's rise is accurate. He seems to be impressing teams with his sincerity. Teams that once feared taking him are no longer as scared to do so.
Not only is his draft stock improving, but some teams say no player is moving up draft boards faster than Mixon. Apparently he's checking every box as he meets with various franchises.
Mixon might now go as high as the second round. Some even believe the late first round is in play. (Still, remember the first rule of Draft Club.) 

There are still teams who are highly uncomfortable with Mixon being drafted at all, let alone in higher rounds. Some of these teams are outraged by the idea of a team selecting a player who hit a woman. No one is saying he shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL. They just don't want him drafted.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 03:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Now, remember the first and only rule of Draft Club: Everyone lies about Draft Club. So if team officials say Mixon's draft stock is rising, well, it may not be.

But in this case, I believe Mixon's rise is accurate. He seems to be impressing teams with his sincerity. Teams that once feared taking him are no longer as scared to do so.
Not only is his draft stock improving, but some teams say no player is moving up draft boards faster than Mixon. Apparently he's checking every box as he meets with various franchises.
Mixon might now go as high as the second round. Some even believe the late first round is in play. (Still, remember the first rule of Draft Club.) 

There are still teams who are highly uncomfortable with Mixon being drafted at all, let alone in higher rounds. Some of these teams are outraged by the idea of a team selecting a player who hit a woman. No one is saying he shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL. They just don't want him drafted.

lol here we go again.  Why not highlight everything ?  or only just the facts that support your theory.  This thread keeps me laughing every day.  

" Drafting Mixon in the 2nd round is morally wrong, but if he's available in the third lets get him "  

" I know the packers said they think he would be gone before they had a shot to get him, but I think their talking about the 2nd round because that sounds more logical because I want to spend a 2nd round pick not a first on the guy "  

LMAO

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 04:45 PM)Okeana Wrote: lol here we go again.  Why not highlight everything ?  or only just the facts that support your theory.  This thread keeps me laughing every day.  

" Drafting Mixon in the 2nd round is morally wrong, but if he's available in the third lets get him "  

" I know the packers said they think he would be gone before they had a shot to get him, but I think their talking about the 2nd round because that sounds more logical because I want to spend a 2nd round pick not a first on the guy "  

LMAO

You're the one that provided the link supporting your "rising stock" theory.  I just pointed out that he is not really on the rise and that he's not viewed as a consensus 1st or 2nd rounder.

That being said, I fully want to draft him in the 2nd round.  He would help the offense considerably.
Reply/Quote
I want to draft mix on, I think he's talented and probably learned not to do it again with that said any man that thinks she deserved what she got is a punk simple as that. That's like a little kid hitting you and you knocl his ass out. That kid didn't hurt you. A push and a little smack and you chose to break her face, and a lot of punks are saying it's all fair after a shove just shows how many abusers there is in this world.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:52 PM)Burma Wrote: And you're right.  He didn't attack her in an alley  He walked into a brightly lit restaurant and blasted her in front of everyone and just calmly walked out.  

Calmly walked out? He scurried out of there like a little ***** afraid to stay and face the consequences for what he just did. Check the look on his face, he knows he just stepped in it....
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 01:35 PM)Okeana Wrote:   The shove doesn't happen she doesn't end up with a broken jaw.

And if he was any kind of a man the broken jaw does not happen. His move was the move of someone with no upbringing, no morals, no class and certainly no chivalry. That said, I'm not one to say he cannot redeem himself. But he's going to have to walk a fine line for the rest of his career....
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 01:35 PM)Okeana Wrote: I DONT CARE what your race is.  You and I will never see this situation the same because your loading this entire thing up with perceived fake facts.  She called him over to the table and said something to him before walking into the door baiting him into the situation.  She shoved him and from that point on she is responsible for the results plain and simple.  The shove doesn't happen she doesn't end up with a broken jaw.

Just give it a rest. Everyone here knows your viewpoint be it wrong, or right? You like Mixon and think it's ok to punch college girls, point taken.

Many of us don't align with your way of thinking. Can the kid run? Yep. Is he troubled? Yep! No need for you to keep tooting this horn.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 02:32 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You like Mixon and think it's ok to punch college girls, point taken.

Could you show me where he said it was ok to punch girls?

I seemed to have missed that.
Reply/Quote