Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Visiting Cincy
(03-15-2017, 12:52 PM)Burma Wrote: Maybe there are different values associated with being a man in your environment?  Who knows. For me, his actions are an issue. Your milage may vary.

She initiated the physical contact.  he was not making any move or threatening her in any way when she pushed him.

Maybe the only women you have ever dealt with are drunk trash, but where I came from that type of action is not acceptable.

Mixon was not innocent, but the girl was just as guilty as him.  Woman are not allowed to lay their hands on men, and I'll bet she won't do it again.  Or maybe she will when she reads stuff from guys like you who think women should be able to do that sort of thing.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: She initiated the physical contact.  he was not making any move or threatening her in any way when she pushed him.

Maybe the only women you have ever dealt with are drunk trash, but where I came from that type of action is not acceptable.

Mixon was not innocent, but the girl was just as guilty as him.  Woman are not allowed to lay their hands on men, and I'll bet she won't do it again.  Or maybe she will when she reads stuff from guys like you who think women should be able to do that sort of thing.

C'mon now Fred, yes she was drunk and pushed him. He had all kinds of options other than breaking her face. I've gone on record as saying I think he should have a chance to redeem himself, but there is no justifying what he did. She was wrong, he was severely wrong....
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 03:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Could you show me where he said it was ok to punch girls?

I seemed to have missed that.

You keep looking around Fred. It's on this board. He said, " I'm just mad because Mixon has a good right cross". I'm paraphrasing but it's very similar

If that isn't touting a criminal assailant, I don't know what is. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: She initiated the physical contact.  he was not making any move or threatening her in any way when she pushed him.

They were both wrong. But, was he ever in danger or needed to defend himself from her? In the civilian world is there such a thing as proportional force? His reaction was disproportionate to the slap.
Reply/Quote

You're making more of a fool of yourself than normal.

IIRC you have a daughter. Why don't you scurry off and tell her that when she is being sexually harasssed, walks away from it, and is pursued by her harasser that if she dares to push the harasser away she is wrong. Explain how that makes her just as guilty as the man who smashes her face and breaks multiple bones.  Go on Fred. Tell her that and then come back and tell us how much respect she has left for you as a man and a father.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 06:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: They were both wrong. But, was he ever in danger or needed to defend himself from her?  In the civilian world is there such a thing as proportional force? His reaction was disproportionate to the slap.

Well, unless they were in a state with a "stand your ground" law, it shouldn't even get to a question of proportional force. If you can reasonably escape from your aggressor without resorting to physical violence, you have to. It's pretty clear that Mixon could have escaped the situation without resorting to violence, so he is clearly in the wrong.  The woman was the physical aggressor, and is also clearly in the wrong, but that doesn't justify Mixon's actions.  There's no defense for what he did.

That said, I would be willing to give him an opportunity provided he interviewed well, but no way I would take that kind of character risk in the 1st round.  Frankly, the 2nd is pushing it, for me.  If I did draft him, I would be very clear that if he screws up off the field, he's gone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 07:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, unless they were in a state with a "stand your ground" law, it shouldn't even get to a question of proportional force. If you can reasonably escape from your aggressor without resorting to physical violence, you have to. It's pretty clear that Mixon could have escaped the situation without resorting to violence, so he is clearly in the wrong.  The woman was the physical aggressor, and is also clearly in the wrong, but that doesn't justify Mixon's actions.  There's no defense for what he did.

That said, I would be willing to give him an opportunity provided he interviewed well, but no way I would take that kind of character risk in the 1st round.  Frankly, the 2nd is pushing it, for me.  If I did draft him, I would be very clear that if he screws up off the field, he's gone.

The obligation to withdraw varies by state. I'm unsure if it applies to less than deadly force.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 07:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The obligation to withdraw varies by state. I'm unsure if it applies to less than deadly force.

It doesn't matter.... if a Division 1 running back slated to go in the first round of the NFL draft even hints at trying to use the stand your ground law and says he felt threatented by a drunken girl's shove and/or slap, he's gonna be laughed out of the courthouse, the league, and polite society all at once....
Reply/Quote
If he can hit holes half as good as he can hit blondes i'm down to draft him

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 03:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Could you show me where he said it was ok to punch girls?

I seemed to have missed that.

He didn't have to say it, fred.  Actions speak much louder than words...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 04:06 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You keep looking around Fred. It's on this board. He said, " I'm just mad because Mixon has a good right cross". I'm paraphrasing but it's very similar

If that isn't touting a criminal assailant, I don't know what is. 

Just because you have no sense of humor doesn't mean i think its OK to punch a woman regardless of age.  I live in a society of rules and the rules make it very clear that if someone says something offensive to you that doesn't give you the right to physically strike them.  If this altercation was between mixon and another man everyone would say he was justified regardless if the man was a physical threat or not.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 09:10 PM)Okeana Wrote: If he can hit holes half as good as he can hit blondes i'm down to draft him

Oh man.... too soon.... Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 08:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It doesn't matter.... if a Division 1 running back slated to go in the first round of the NFL draft even hints at trying to use the stand your ground law and says he felt threatented by a drunken girl's shove and/or slap, he's gonna be laughed out of the courthouse, the league, and polite society all at once....

I personally wouldn't draft him for multiple reasons. I was just approaching it from the perspective Fred brought up.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 09:09 PM)Burma Wrote: The more I read about this whole situation the more I am despising this kid.  But let me walk through this to see if I am missing something.

-He and his boys are outside heckling this girl.
-Girl goes inside to get away and is clearly distressed.
-Young Bad Ass follows her in, because you know, she was disrespecting him or some other bullshit.
-Girls gay friend drops racial slur.
-Calls her friend a "***"
-Girl pushes him away.

At this point Mixon has made 3 stupid decisions.  But is that enough?  Nope.  He drops a chest fake out. Because he has to test her defenses, obviously.

-Girl gives feeble open handed slap.
-Instead of being a man and recognizing he was acting like a douche bag Mixon blasts her in the face crushing multiple bones.

Did I miss anything pro-mixon people?

None of this was a heat of the moment reaction. His tearful apology does nothing.  You can't cry your way out of being a piece of shit thug life enthusiast; you spend the rest of your life trying to earn back the trust you lost.

To me it's not worth putting aside my values and rooting for this kid just so a group of random strangers can ride him to a few more wins.  

here's a friendly gif so we can all appreciate how truly bad ass Mixon is for devastating this drunk chicks face.

http://i.imgur.com/gXCZ1mL.mp4

First i watched the video was today, was just trusting the posters on here before.

I see the same thing as you Burma, this guy was pathetic in this instance. Don't know what he was thinking.

She might of been drunk but it looked like he was taunting her, she pushed him, tried to give him a feeble slap and he just outright decked her.

He looked like he was looking for trouble. I thought in the press conference he seemed sincere but he should, that was some sad shit.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 05:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: First i watched the video was today, was just trusting the posters on here before.

I see the same thing as you Burma, this guy was pathetic in this instance. Don't know what he was thinking.

She might of been drunk but it looked like he was taunting her, she pushed him, tried to give him a feeble slap and he just outright decked her.

He looked like he was looking for trouble. I thought in the press conference he seemed sincere but he should, that was some sad shit.

Yeah, he was pathetic, he shouldn't have done it. But, I'm pretty sure he had to have been just as blasted as she was. I'm all for giving the kid another chance even after seeing the video. 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 12:14 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: Yeah, he was pathetic, he shouldn't have done it. But, I'm pretty sure he had to have been just as blasted as she was. I'm all for giving the kid another chance even after seeing the video. 

Yeah, he must of been drunk and if we draft him i will have to give him another chance.

But sheesh, why the hell would you do something like that? Like i said, sad shit. Felt sorry for the girl.

I couldn't do that to a woman, that is all i know.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 01:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he must of been drunk and if we draft him i will have to give him another chance.

But sheesh, why the hell would you do something like that? Like i said, sad shit. Felt sorry for the girl.

I couldn't do that to a woman, that is all i know.

I agree with you completely. The girl didn't deserve that. But people mess up. Every single day. His mistakes are just under the spotlight because he's an athlete. 
Reply/Quote
Since I'm not a Judge or a deity, I'll leave all that to others.

I will say that if everyone's life was determined by something they did at 18, a lot of people would be screwed.

And we have the king of repeat offenders already on this team and fans, until maybe recently, cheered their asses off for him after he had already done worse things that Mixon ever did.

He will be drafted, probably not much lower than he would have been. He will not make it to our second pick. He will play in the league.

If he plays well, his past will go away as long as he stays out of trouble. If he doesn't play well, his past will be his calling card.

I guess it comes down to a choice--righteous indignation or a better offense?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I still think we should give him one more chance. Kid looks like a beast at RB.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I'd take him in the second , without hesitation.. although, I still think SOME of hills issues are due to the line struggles, I don't think we should have him as our only option. Wish we would have kept Rex but whatever.
Reply/Quote