Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Visiting Cincy
(03-11-2017, 04:42 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He issued an apology in this press conference.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIoupXWhdrY

That proves he can read a statement prepared by his team of lawyers.
Reply/Quote
I suppose they taught him how to cry too then.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 05:02 PM)Big Boss Wrote: In regards to that press conference:

He answered everyone's questions, he stood up there on his own, and he held the press conference against the advise of his legal team. He displayed genuine emotion and apologized. So now it's a question of whether or not you want to take him at his word.

It is worth noting that he is still seeking out counseling.

The apology was damage control in response to the backlash from the release of the video.

It is worth noting the counseling was court appointed.
Reply/Quote
*Shrug* Well it's as I said, it's entirely up to you whether or not you want to take him at his word. The point is he did apologize. It's a sensitive subject so I don't expect everyone to be aligned on it. You see a kid hiding behind lawyer speak and trying to get ahead of the video backlash, I see a kid getting emotional while owning up to a mistake he made in a room full of reporters. Of course, the two don't have to be mutually exclusive either.

I'd be comfortable with taking him, though I respect those who disagree. I'm not going to be heartbroken if the Bengals don't take him. Let's just put it like that.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 05:16 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I suppose they taught him how to cry too then.

That's exactly what I would expect from someone who isn't tough enough to take a half-assed slap from someone half their size without completely over-reacting.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 02:14 PM)Okeana Wrote: Just wanted to add this

I think with his pro day testing and if he interviews well there will be talk about this guy going in the first round. Some of his tape is so amazing that its simply mind boggling. This guy has better physical traits than EZE and as we close in on draft I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has the possibility of going in the top 10. No im not joking.

I like how he says not most athletic but best pure runner
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:22 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I like how he says not most athletic but best pure runner

this video was before his pro day testing.  his results were a bit surprising =)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 09:41 PM)Okeana Wrote: this video was before his pro day testing.  his results were a bit surprising =)

if he is there at number 41 i bet we take him.
Reply/Quote
Take him, best talent we can get in the 2nd. Might be the best back coming out.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 03:31 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You may wanna reel that Zeke blasphemy in a little. Aside from that, the kid is talented. Not very smart, but talented. At the current moment he couldn't carry Elliott's jock.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/03/13/cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-exposes-womans-breast-at-st-patricks-day-celebration.html

Looks like that Jock strap is starting to stain 

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 07:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/03/13/cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-exposes-womans-breast-at-st-patricks-day-celebration.html

Looks like that Jock strap is starting to stain 

Did you watch the video? The girl in question didn't seem to mind at all. 

Have you ever been to New Orleans,Mobile, or Pensacola during Mardi Gras or St.Patty's Day? Didn't think so.

That chick was no stranger to the bead exchange as was evident by her tank top and lack of a bra.
Doesn't make it right, but I can assure you that those boobs have been flashed more than once.

Get back with me when he beats the hell out of some little college girl. 

The two "incidents" are not comparable. 

For the record, I'm fine with the girl beater in the 3rd based on his talent.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 08:39 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Did you watch the video? The girl in question didn't seem to mind at all. 

Have you ever been to New Orleans,Mobile, or Pensacola during Mardi Gras or St.Patty's Day? Didn't think so.

That chick was no stranger to the bead exchange as was evident by her tank top and lack of a bra.
Doesn't make it right, but I can assure you that those boobs have been flashed more than once.

Get back with me when he beats the hell out of some little college girl. 

The two "incidents" are not comparable. 

For the record, I'm fine with the girl beater in the 3rd based on his talent.

This guy here.  I really like the " Didn't think so " part of this response; its something I may have said when I was 14 years old.

Isn't Ezekiel Elliott currently under investigation by the NFL for assaulting his ex girlfriend ?  [Image: Ezekiell-Elliott-girlfriend-abuse.jpg]

Where there is smoke there is fire.  I guess you're just mad that mixon has a solid right cross.  

I however do love the fact that your morality will allow you to take him in the 3rd, but not the 2nd.   :paul:

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 09:36 PM)Okeana Wrote: This guy here.  I really like the " Didn't think so " part of this response; its something I may have said when I was 14 years old.

Isn't Ezekiel Elliott currently under investigation by the NFL for assaulting his ex girlfriend ?  [Image: Ezekiell-Elliott-girlfriend-abuse.jpg]

Where there is smoke there is fire.  I guess you're just mad that mixon has a solid right cross.  

I however do love the fact that your morality will allow you to take him in the 3rd, but not the 2nd.   :paul:

Utterly ridiculous that you can watch that video and just keep defending this guy. He's worth a third based on risk/reward. I never broke out the pompoms like you have to have a woman beater on the Bengals. Speaks loads for your character chief!

Ask Ray Rice what happened after he was filmed punching a woman. As for right crosses....You may well catch one yourself one day. Literally bragging about Mixon punching this girl. You sir are disgusting and shameful for that insinuation.

Is there footage of Zeke beating on this girl? Waiting for your answer Ray.

I ask you if you have ever been to Mardi Gras or Patty's Day in NO,Mobile, or Pensacola? Again, fire away Mr.Rice.
Reply/Quote
If Ray Rice could still run a football like he did in his prime, he would still be playing, video or not, because some team would have snagged him. He was on a sharp decline when that came out, and after his suspension no one wanted to take that chance due to his drop off. Face it, this league is full of thugs and guys that are complete asses. Hell, the Stoolers even have a rapist as the face of their franchise. Dog fighters, domestic abusers, rapists, druggies.... it all comes down to what you can do on the field whether teams make excuses for you or drop you.  That's why players like Whit and Peko are so respected. As for Mixon, no one knows what's in his heart except for him. MJD says he is the BEST running back in this draft, better than Fournette, better than Cook, better than any of them. Someone is going to take him.... might as well be Cincinnati. Why shouldn't we have a premiere running back again.....
Reply/Quote
The more I read about this whole situation the more I am despising this kid.  But let me walk through this to see if I am missing something.

-He and his boys are outside heckling this girl.
-Girl goes inside to get away and is clearly distressed.
-Young Bad Ass follows her in, because you know, she was disrespecting him or some other bullshit.
-Girls gay friend drops racial slur.
-Calls her friend a "***"
-Girl pushes him away.

At this point Mixon has made 3 stupid decisions.  But is that enough?  Nope.  He drops a chest fake out. Because he has to test her defenses, obviously.

-Girl gives feeble open handed slap.
-Instead of being a man and recognizing he was acting like a douche bag Mixon blasts her in the face crushing multiple bones.

Did I miss anything pro-mixon people?

None of this was a heat of the moment reaction. His tearful apology does nothing.  You can't cry your way out of being a piece of shit thug life enthusiast; you spend the rest of your life trying to earn back the trust you lost.

To me it's not worth putting aside my values and rooting for this kid just so a group of random strangers can ride him to a few more wins.  

here's a friendly gif so we can all appreciate how truly bad ass Mixon is for devastating this drunk chicks face.

http://i.imgur.com/gXCZ1mL.mp4

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 09:09 PM)Burma Wrote: The more I read about this whole situation the more I am despising this kid.  But let me walk through this to see if I am missing something.

-Young Bad Ass follows her in, because you know, she was disrespecting him or some other bullshit.
-Girl pushes him away.

At this point Mixon has made 3 stupid decisions.  But is that enough?  Nope.  He drops a chest fake out. Because he has to test her defenses, obviously.

-Instead of being a man and recognizing he was acting like a douche bag Mixon blasts her in the face crushing multiple bones.

None of this was a heat of the moment reaction. His tearful apology does nothing.  You can't cry your way out of being a piece of shit thug life enthusiast; you spend the rest of your life trying to earn back the trust you lost.

To me it's not worth putting aside my values and rooting for this kid just so a group of random strangers can ride him to a few more wins.  

here's a friendly gif so we can all appreciate how truly bad ass Mixon is for devastating this drunk chicks face.

Completely agree brother.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 09:09 PM)Burma Wrote: The more I read about this whole situation the more I am despising this kid.  But let me walk through this to see if I am missing something.

-Girl pushes him away.

Umm I don't agree at all with what Mixon did, I was disgusted when I saw the video. But...  She did signal him to come over. We really don't know the fine details of this story. I agree he should of been a man and walked away I thought that's a punk ass thing to do. And I hate when people try to defend it saying he was defending himself.  But.. We got to consider he was 18 years old and this guy is very talented and could help us. We alo got to consider wasn't there a star in kc who helped them last year that was involved in domestic violence ?? Didn't pacman slap a woman a couple years ago over a drink. There's a bunch of athletes that have done some bad stuff. Since watching the video months ago  have calmed own on it, and think he's a very talented back that I would take a chance on.I jst hope he wouldn't mess up again.  Hell even Jeremy hill had baggage.
Reply/Quote
Again, he took his punishment from both the school and the DA. He could have easily transferred schools and played somewhere else where it wouldn't have even been known yet he didn't leave. The guy has handled the whole media barrage against him well. It's time to move on.

Once again, Jeremy Hill sucker punched a guy in a buy from behind knocking him out then celebrating it. This was all after he was arrested for having carnal knowledge of a minor. Dalvin Cook has some serious red flags checkering his past yet people don't seem to mind. The truth is these are football players and not choir boys. If they are in good legal standing when we draft them then anything in there past needs to be left in the past.
Reply/Quote

-Girl pushes him away.

I mean where do I even start with this.  Just read between the lines here and you get a clearer view of whats truly being said. "piece of shit thug life enthusiast" ?  For one moment do you believe this kid is some card carrying Blood gang member?  No I think its pretty clear what you want to say here without having the balls to say it.

You must think that you would have the same exact social values as you do now if you were raised in the same environment as he was?  The culture in which you are raised is the predominate factor in your belief system and maybe the situation didn't deescalate because of some of these social factors ? 

Also why is she some blameless princess in this entire thing?  Sometimes you have to eat a shit sandwich in life and walk away.  He never once physically went at her or her friends and only overrated when she physically went at him.  I don't care if she wasn't strong enough to hurt him it is completely beside the point.  If she doesn't go towards him she doesn't get a broken jaw and this entire situation is avoided.  

A 17 year old kid punched a drunk girl who came at him because both people were to stupid to walk away from a immature situation.  You can say it a million different ways but he didn't attack this girl in an ally, he wasn't going out that night to beat up some white girl, and he's not some crazy sociopath trying to destroy society one sorority girl at a time.  People immortalize and admire great soldiers like Genghis khan who murdered and raped hundreds of thousands of women and children; but a black teenager punches a white girl and now hes an unredeemable piece of shit thug.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 09:19 AM)Au165 Wrote: Again, he took his punishment from both the school and the DA. He could have easily transferred schools and played somewhere else where it wouldn't have even been known yet he didn't leave. The guy has handled the whole media barrage against him well. It's time to move on.

Once again, Jeremy Hill sucker punched a guy in a buy from behind knocking him out then celebrating it. This was all after he was arrested for having carnal knowledge of a minor. Dalvin Cook has some serious red flags checkering his past yet people don't seem to mind. The truth is these are football players and not choir boys. If they are in good legal standing when we draft them then anything in there past needs to be left in the past.

Jeremy Hill and a couple others forced some 14 year old girl to give them blow jobs in a locker room when they were 18 years old.  

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2011/1/12/1931467/jeremy-hill-18-and-avery-tate-ii-18-were-both-arrested-today-and

18 year olds vs a 14 year old girl ?  Isn't that definable as sex with a minor in most states ?  

Reply/Quote