Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon calls out the lack of effort.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/30/joe-mixon-give-it-your-all-or-stay-in-the-locker-room/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good for him.....I'm liking him more every day.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 11:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: Good for him.....I'm liking him more every day.

He'll eventually become disgruntled and leave like Pickens, Palmer, and the other ones.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 11:02 AM)Wyche Wrote: Good for him.....I'm liking him more every day.

I respect him for standing up and saying this.  At the same time, it's become crystal clear that Marvin has totally lost the locker room.
Reply/Quote
Good. And coaches should be well aware of the ones who quit, and those players shouldn't be on the team next year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 11:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: I respect him for standing up and saying this.  At the same time, it's become crystal clear that Marvin has totally lost the locker room.

I agree.....it's abundantly clear.  That being the case, it's nice to see guys like Joe, AJ, and Uzomah talking about this and holding teammates accountable....and to see Tyler Boyd putting forth maximum effort no matter the circumstances.  I like the way Boyd handles himself and his belief that the team is never out of it....even if it is.  These are good guys to have on the team, and they need more of them, and a coach they can rally around.  It's common sense....how hard must it be to buy in when a guy hasn't delivered in 16 years?

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 11:05 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Good.  And coaches should be well aware of the ones who quit, and those players shouldn't be on the team next year.

Exactly.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 11:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree.....it's abundantly clear.  That being the case, it's nice to see guys like Joe, AJ, and Uzomah talking about this and holding teammates accountable....and to see Tyler Boyd putting forth maximum effort no matter the circumstances.  I like the way Boyd handles himself and his belief that the team is never out of it....even if it is.  These are good guys to have on the team, and they need more of them, and a coach they can rally around.  It's common sense....how hard must it be to buy in when a guy hasn't delivered in 16 years?

Yeah Boyd looks like he's ready to go and do everything he can no matter the score.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Can Joe coach the team the rest of the season?

Reply/Quote

Hmm, if only we had a locker room enforcer on the defensive side of the ball..   Hmm

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 11:12 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah Boyd looks like he's ready to go and do everything he can no matter the score.  

I like his fight.  He had some struggles being double teamed with AJ out, but he still gave 100% and had some nice plays still yet.  I'm interested to see how these guys play with AJ back and how they respond to Driskel.  They're going to need to carry him a bit until he gets his feet wet.  I feel the season is lost, but now is when you find out who you can trust to hold up their end of the bargain when the chips are down.  We know we don't have to worry about 83, 18, 87, or 28 doing just that....or 25 when he gets the opportunity for that matter.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 11:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, if only we had a locker room enforcer on the defensive side of the ball..   Hmm

As much as I hate to admit it, I get the feeling that was Adam Jones.

Reply/Quote
Love it.

Big difference between him and Billy Price. Billy Price calls out the fans and puts it on them. Mixon calls out the team and the lack of effort.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 11:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: As much as I hate to admit it, I get the feeling that was Adam Jones.

It should be a guy like Carlos Dunlap, or Vontaze Burfict.  However, with Burfict looking more depressed than an emo gen-Xer lately, I don't know how authoritative he could actually be.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 11:24 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It should be a guy like Carlos Dunlap, or Vontaze Burfict.  However, with Burfict looking more depressed than an emo gen-Xer lately, I don't know how authoritative he could actually be.

#giveburficthisballsback

Reply/Quote
Good for Mixon. Btw, what did Price say to put it on the fans? I think i missed it.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 11:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: I respect him for standing up and saying this.  At the same time, it's become crystal clear that Marvin has totally lost the locker room.

Yep more so now than ever
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 11:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: As much as I hate to admit it, I get the feeling that was Adam Jones.

hes available...
Reply/Quote
Calling out the team in the media is the opposite of being a leader. Unless he names specific players and is willing to tell them to their face he is just talk.

It is easy to say stuff like this to suck up to the fans and media. REAL LEADERS do it in the locker room face to face.
Reply/Quote
Glad he's doing this.......however when this happens Marvin has lost the locker room.....reason #135 we need a whole coaching staff change........the culture is becoming toxic
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote