Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon doesn’t want Ross to leave
(02-27-2019, 11:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All I keep hearing is ZT made the call after watching tape. Don’t know if it’s him, or someone on his staff, but he gets part of the blame because he’s in charge.

Did crap like this leak out under Marvin?

We had the whole Carson Palmer demands a trade thing under Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 11:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All I keep hearing is ZT made the call after watching tape. Don’t know if it’s him, or someone on his staff, but he gets part of the blame because he’s in charge.

Did crap like this leak out under Marvin?

It is kind of hard to shop a player without letting any other teams know.

Who knows what team this info came from?
Reply/Quote
I really don't think anything has been leaked to anyone.

The combine is on and teams talk trades at the combine. Reporters have contacts on every team and could have been told by any of those contacts that the Bengals have made Ross available.

To me, all is normal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 11:44 AM)Au165 Wrote: Couple things..

• The guys name was Sanu
  • It costs money to trade Ross, so how is that being cheap?
  • Your trolling today isn't even good

Nothing worse than a troll who can't troll.

$5 million cap hit means the Bengals are being cheap.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 11:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: We had the whole Carson Palmer demands a trade thing under Marvin.

True. A starting QB threatening to retire is kind of hard to keep quiet though.

It might not have been Taylor, or his people. Someone leaked he was our choice for HC from our end. The whole thing just seems to be being handled poorly, imo.

If we can’t trade Ross, then the kid who already had issues with the mental side of being in the NFL is probably going to be even more useless to us.

Reply/Quote
Ross is probably being moved more for his poor attitude and work ethic. His rookie season he tried to show up the coaching staff by posting a video from practice. then he claimed he tried to hide an injury from the staff. He did not seem to know the playbook either.

I say take what we can get and let him go.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing worse than a troll who can't troll.

$5 million cap hit means the Bengals are being cheap.   Hilarious

We just damn near paid a whole coaching staff not to coach this year so we could move on and start fresh. The whole cheap narrative is tired and played out. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 11:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: True. A starting QB threatening to retire is kind of hard to keep quiet though.

It might not have been Taylor, or his people. Someone leaked he was our choice for HC from our end. The whole thing just seems to be being handled poorly, imo.

If we can’t trade Ross, then the kid who already had issues with the mental side of being in the NFL is probably going to be even more useless to us.

Kind of hard to keep quiet that your talking to other teams about trading a guy when the other teams have no requirement to be quiet you approached them about it. As to the coaching hire, any one of the coaches being let go probably knew Taylor was the guy so any of our former employees could have leaked it.

You're reaching hard here.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 11:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: Kind of hard to keep quiet that your talking to other teams about trading a guy when the other teams have no requirement to be quiet you approached them about it.

What incentive do other teams have to report it? It’s only a story here.

Reply/Quote
There's no one to blame for this. If you want to believe the rumor then you must believe the whole thing which is they both came to an agreement a fresh start was needed. Thus, it could be Ross is equally pushing a trade, and if that is the case, there's nothing ZT can do about it but honor it as he wants people here who wants to be here.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What incentive do other teams have to report it? It’s only a story here.

Because they trade in information. You give those "insiders" info so they will tell you info about other teams. Plus sometimes people just like to prove they were right, another GM may have hated Ross in the draft and wanted to put it out to show he was right to people he knew. Gossip is universal, not sure why you act like it needs real reasons to exist lol.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Ross is probably being moved more for his poor attitude and work ethic.  His rookie season he tried to show up the coaching staff by posting a video from practice.  then he claimed he tried to hide an injury from the staff.  He did not seem to know the playbook either.

I say take what we can get and let him go.

Interesting how fan demands for accountability rarely apply to Ross.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting how fan demands for accountability rarely apply to Ross.

You’re joking, right?

Ross has been shit on here from day 1. Some deserved, yes.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: Because they trade in information. You give those "insiders" info so they will tell you info about other teams. Plus sometimes people just like to prove they were right, another GM may have hated Ross in the draft and wanted to put it out to show he was right to people he knew. Gossip is universal, not sure why you act like it needs real reasons to exist lol.

Now who’s reaching?

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting how fan demands for accountability rarely apply to Ross.

Yeah, I've never understood that either. Ross has never played well here and it's always been someone else's fault.

The funny thing is that it was Marvin who didn't want Ross and Mike Brown sided with Tobin and they selected Ross over the coaches objections. Now the front office has to eat crow and deal Ross. 

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re joking, right?

The fact that we draft a guy in the top 10 and then our HC "shits on him immediately" and the next HC we hire wants to get rid of him before he even has a chance to warm up his company-issued folding chair really says a lot about our front office.

What I'm saying is that the list of people who "have it out" for Ross is getting longer and longer and at some point you just have to assume he's just not going to cut it here.  The guy looks like Darius Heyward Bey 2.0 in many ways.  Move him for a late-round pick and watch his next team use him as a gimmick 3rd or 4th WR with glee.

This was what I figured would happen when ZT got here.  We just assumed he'd be smart enough to do all the things we wanted Marvin to do, but when reality hits he's going to do stuff we disagree with, and it's up to us to decide how to handle it.  How many coaching staffs do we need to have who don't want to use Ross the way we assume he should be used before we think maybe Ross is the issue?
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What incentive do other teams have to report it? It’s only a story here.

What incentive does anyone with the Bengals have to leak this info?

It is just as much a story for any team interested in getting him as it is for us to try and move him.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re joking, right?

No joke at all.  Fans love to cry about how no Bengal ever has been benched, i.e. "held accountable", by Marvin for poor play, but when Marvin benched Ross a good portion of the fan base cried about that also.
Reply/Quote
I know most people here love Mixon, but he really needs to watch what he posts on social media. I am afraid something will eventually come back to hurt him.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 12:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The fact that we draft a guy in the top 10 and then our HC "shits on him immediately" and the next HC we hire wants to get rid of him before he even has a chance to warm up his company-issued folding chair really says a lot about our front office.

What I'm saying is that the list of people who "have it out" for Ross is getting longer and longer and at some point you just have to assume he's just not going to cut it here.  The guy looks like Darius Heyward Bey 2.0 in many ways.  Move him for a late-round pick and watch his next team use him as a gimmick 3rd or 4th WR with glee.

This was what I figured would happen when ZT got here.  We just assumed he'd be smart enough to do all the things we wanted Marvin to do, but when reality hits he's going to do stuff we disagree with, and it's up to us to decide how to handle it.  How many coaching staffs do we need to have who don't want to use Ross the way we assume he should be used before we think maybe Ross is the issue?

I don't think the new HC is shitting on him. I think Ross wants out, and ZT wants people that want to be here. So bye bye boi!!
Reply/Quote