Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon gets snippy towards fans
(09-15-2019, 07:29 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Everybody's snippy right now. It's understandable.

I was at the game today, and had a wonderful afternoon. The team looked like dog shit, but it's a good day to be alive.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd try my hand at 1 YPC

I'd give it a go as your lead blocker...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 09:17 PM)jason Wrote: I was at the game today, and had a wonderful afternoon. The team looked like dog shit, but it's a good day to be alive.

Nice to see some positivity on here
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He is upset, too. Some players have the heart and fire to win. I saw some today seem like they rather be home instead of playing football. If you ever busted your ass at work and watched a bunch of other coworkers under perform, not pull their weight, generally suck at everything, then you understand. You get home, have a drink, play with the dogs/kids, and let it go. He likely did the same. I'm not mad.

I will say, I was slammed for saying Mixon may one day pull a Dillon, a la shoulders pads, but now some can see it.
Reply/Quote
The stadium looked quite empty and seemed to favor the 49ers. I do not think the players and ZT et al. know fully what they are dealing with in terms of the Bengals fan-base.

The fans of this franchise has been through hell for over 30 years. Lewis brought back some capital but now that capital is gone.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's insane the way both lines got manhandled today...all day.  Whatever

(09-15-2019, 06:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Especially on defense. We knew the offensive line was bad, but the defensive line should be a strength.

49ers had the #1 rated pass blocking OL in Week 1 (at least according to PFF).

Doesn't matter how good a DL is when it comes to the run if the LBs are absolute crap. At the end of the day the O has 5 OL, and a TE, a FB, or both all blocking... and the DL has 4 guys. That's when the LBs need to do their job.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Mixon posted an apology to fans on Instagram. He said he’s sorry for his performance the past two weeks and will do better.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 09:17 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He apologized on twitter. If that's worth anything. He was just frustrated, and many say things out of frustration they probably shouldn't. Take this board for example.

You mean the board that gets shut down during games because immature assholes can't contain their emotions? Why should we give him slack? If he really wanted a measured response, he should install a three hour window of "not allowed to comment" after games.

Plus, he was trying to improve the team. If a fan that can "do better" shows up with blocking skills, win-win.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 10:00 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: You mean the board that gets shut down during games because immature assholes can't contain their emotions? Why should we give him slack? If he really wanted a measured response, he should install a three hour window of "not allowed to comment" after games.

Plus, he was trying to improve the team. If a fan that can "do better" shows up with blocking skills, win-win.

Overreact much? Maybe you should give yourself a one-week window for replying
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:44 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Mixon posted an apology to fans on Instagram. He said he’s sorry for his performance the past two weeks and will do better.

I dont really understand why Mixon feels like he needs to apologize anyway. Adrian Peterson in his prime couldn't muster up 50 yards behind this O-line
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 03:24 PM)BleedOnB Wrote: I dont really understand why Mixon feels like he needs to apologize anyway. Adrian Peterson in his prime couldn't muster up 50 yards behind this O-line

There it is!  2 games in and we've already resorted to the "INSERT HOF PLAYER" couldn't succeed here, statements.  Ha, I love it. 

Brady couldn't play behind this o-line, Adrian Peterson couldn't run behind it, Bill Bellichick couldn't win under Mike Brown, and Jimi Hendrix couldn't even play this crappy guitar I have and it's not my fault because it's the guitar's FAULT!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 04:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There it is!  2 games in and we've already resorted to the "INSERT HOF PLAYER" couldn't succeed here, statements.  Ha, I love it. 

Brady couldn't play behind this o-line, Adrian Peterson couldn't run behind it, Bill Bellichick couldn't win under Mike Brown, and Jimi Hendrix couldn't even play this crappy guitar I have and it's not my fault because it's the guitar's FAULT!!!!!

Blame the hammer not the carpenter.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like the fans and players are in mid season form.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote