Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries
I guarantee the 1st play vs. Indy next week will be Hill starting over Mixon and then Hill up the middle for a yard.
Reply/Quote
Then put us in a 3rd and 9 that Romo clearly stated (unlike any other announcer) the Bengals aren't built for, Andy doesn't have enough time in the pocket.

**** Romo needs to be paid to visit the team and chew out our coaches in front of everyone on what they're doing wrong. He's a consultant.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:57 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: There's no way this 3 headed monster works Lazor, and you have to explain yourself. Did any reporter ask about the RB situation? Mixon whiffed a block later on, don't remember when Andy got crushed, maybe that was an issue.

Pittsburgh once again scared the shit out of Giovani. Mixon has no ghosts, doesn't seem like the type to.

Right after that play Romo broke it down as they were showing replays. Romo said that Fischer had the mental error that caused that play. He clearly pointed out that that play was in Fischer and not Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Knowing how the Bengals org typically operates, it's not a good sign that a Bengals player is speaking out like this.
They don't typically speak out about things like this unless they are really frustrated.

Sorry, Mike Brown.
You made the decision to have a smaller scouting department and force the coaches to have to do multiple roles in favor of saving payroll. You approved/allowed the decision to draft two bad OT prospects who are still terrible in their third year. You chose to keep an archaic OL coach that chooses to teach every OL the same way, not catering to an individual's strengths and addressing his weaknesses. You chose to allow two very proven OL walk in favor of saving money for extensions, risking the season on the two young OTs who have done nothing to prove they deserve to start. You were the one who allowed/approved the re-signing/retaining of aging and underperforming veterans because they "know the system."
This is on you.

What I hope happens this upcoming offseason:
The Bengals allow Marvin to leave after this year (or even fire him before the season to make a point).
An outside offensive minded coach becomes the next HC.
Cut aging vets like Michael Johnson, Brandon LaFell, and Adam Jones to free up some cap space to sign outside FA(s).
Sign one proven OL is brought in via FA and two OL are drafted high (two within first three rounds).

What I think happens this upcoming offseason:
Paul Guenther takes over as HC.
Kevin Coyle takes over as DC.
Bill Lazor stays as OC or Hue Jackson is brought in as OC again if fired from Cleveland.
Bengals retain Russell Bodine because he will be cheap but they will still overpay for him.
Michael Johnson, Brandon LaFell, and Adam Jones are kept through their last year of their contracts next year, and they will start games because "veterans."
Bengals draft just one OL in the first three rounds, but will likely be OT that will back up Ogbuehi and Fisher rather than supplant them immediately.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There is no excuse outside of a horrible head coach for the Bengals cutting Joe Mixon out of the offense. None.

The Steelers didn't go away from Bell. The Bengals should have continued to hammer them with Mixon. It's no coincidence that Mixon's success running the ball was keeping the passing game alive. They are symbiotic.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:45 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I guarantee the 1st play vs. Indy next week will be Hill starting over Mixon and then Hill up the middle for a yard.

:andy: :andy: :andy:

also- that will be the first play when we get possession in second half which will be a three and out series.

Mixon only RB who made plays yesterday and gets ZERO touches in second half.

Do we have the dumbest head coach ever in professional football?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:26 AM)Trademark Wrote: It's frustrating. I feel like I'm seeing [Le'Veon Bell] got the ball 35 times, and I got it seven in the first half and then don't touch the ball again," Mixon said. "[Jeremy] Hill only got one touch in the second half. It's frustrating to us running backs. We're feel like we're in the room and we feel like we're part of the offense. If it worked in the first half, why not do it in the second?"

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21121290/rb-joe-mixon-cincinnati-bengals-frustrated-lack-second-half-carries-vs-pittsburgh-steelers

we definitely should have kept running in the 2nd half..  when we failed to even attempted to run it let the steelers just go after Dalton play after play.
Reply/Quote
Lazor is mediocre...and not the offensive savior that he was portrayed to be.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:37 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Lack of adjustments. Poor play calling (why so many damn screens, A FLEA FLICKER?). I don't get it.

We don't have the talent on the offensive line to beat teams straight up. They have to resort to trick plays and quick throws to mask it. Andy's lack of consistency and 0 time to throw is a recipe for disaster......as we've seen.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:08 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: We don't have the talent on the offensive line to beat teams straight up. They have to resort to trick plays and quick throws to mask it. Andy's lack of consistency and 0 time to throw is a recipe for disaster......as we've seen.

Succinctly put. +1  :andy:
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We had players speaking up against this stuff 7 years ago.

We have all along.  Remember Dunlap questioning "the plan", Whit angry with the draft picks at tackle, etc.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:48 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: we definitely should have kept running in the 2nd half..  when we failed to even attempted to run it let the steelers just go after Dalton play after play.

2013 playoff game against SD ring a bell?  BJGE was running all over them (and had the entire time he played in the NFL), and we just sat him the entire 2nd half.

(10-23-2017, 11:04 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Lazor is mediocre...and not the offensive savior that he was portrayed to be.

I'm not so sure.....see the above post.  Two different OCs, same result.  However, mediocre is a FAR CRY better than Zampese.....and that is just sad that we rolled into the season with such a piece of shit at OC.  I would almost guarantee you this team would have beaten Balt and Hou with Lazor at OC, and this loss yesterday wouldn't have been such a big deal.  How dumb can you be as an organization to do that?

Reply/Quote
Welcome to playing for Marvin Lewis rook!
Reply/Quote
Not defending Lewis in any way, as there is no defense. But, that said, if Mixon wants to be the bell cow and be in on the majority of plays, he needs to improve his blocking quickly. He about got Andy killed with one completely missed block. Gio is the best blocking RB we have. And with the lack of oline protection, the RB HAS to be able to pick up a blitzer. It's that simple. We cannot run every down, the RB has to be able to block so Dalton has time to throw.
Reply/Quote
Mr Mixon, it's called the first steps of being BUNGLEIZED.get out now and go play for any other team. you will NOT win a SB here and most likely will NOT win a playoff game!

HEED MY WARNING!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:19 AM)Wyche Wrote: 2013 playoff game against SD ring a bell?  BJGE was running all over them (and had the entire time he played in the NFL), and we just sat him the entire 2nd half.

I'm not so sure.....see the above post.  Two different OCs, same result.  However, mediocre is a FAR CRY better than Zampese.....and that is just sad that we rolled into the season with such a piece of shit at OC.  I would almost guarantee you this team would have beaten Balt and Hou with Lazor at OC, and this loss yesterday wouldn't have been such a big deal.  How dumb can you be as an organization to do that?

It's tough. Really if you examine our offense:

1 ) We can't run the Ball.
2 ) AJ Green is our only WR that can get separation and teams double him. Besides him, the RB's are the next best receiving threats.
3 ) Our TE's are mediocre. (In the sense that they aren't going to catch 8-9 balls a game.)
4 ) The line can't run block or pass block.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:57 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Right after that play Romo broke it down as they were showing replays. Romo said that Fischer had the mental error that caused that play. He clearly pointed out that that play was in Fischer and not Mixon.

Romo said Fischer blocked down; probably as he was instructed to do. He did say Fischer should have went after the unblocked player; however, he has no idea what the scheme was. I assume we left the RB in the backfield to pick up the blitzer. Regardless what Fischer did Mixon whiffed on his block and perhaps was a reason he was pulled.

I've always been a fan of running the ball but many here call that Marvin being to conservative "playing not to lose", until he don't run it, then he needs to be more conservative.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It's hilarious that the best part of yesterday's game was Romo's commentary. Dude is killing it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:57 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's tough. Really if you examine our offense:

1 ) We can't run the Ball.
2 ) AJ Green is our only WR that can get separation and teams double him. Besides him, the RB's are the next best receiving threats.
3 ) Our TE's are mediocre. (In the sense that they aren't going to catch 8-9 balls a game.)
4 ) The line can't run block or pass block.

Agreed.  I also believe that #2 has A LOT to do with #1.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 01:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed.  I also believe that #2 has A LOT to do with #1.

We better hope that Ross becomes a great WR quick too...because LaFell is the definition of average everywhere he's played. Boyd...who knows what's up with him?

Fixing the line AND getting another starting WR is going to be hard.
Reply/Quote