Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries
(10-23-2017, 10:00 AM)PDub80 Wrote: There is no excuse outside of a horrible head coach for the Bengals cutting Joe Mixon out of the offense. None.

The Steelers didn't go away from Bell. The Bengals should have continued to hammer them with Mixon. It's no coincidence that Mixon's success running the ball was keeping the passing game alive. They are symbiotic.

We were balanced in the first half, as were the Steelers. Both offenses were humming.

The Steelers maintained that balance. In fact, they leaned even more heavily on the run. We went the opposite direction, as did our results. Go figure.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:45 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's hilarious that the best part of yesterday's game was Romo's commentary.  Dude is killing it.

Yep, I like listening to him. He definitely had the mental aspect of the game down.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 01:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We better hope that Ross becomes a great WR quick too...because LaFell is the definition of average everywhere he's played. Boyd...who knows what's up with him?

Fixing the line AND getting another starting WR is going to be hard.

In my opinion, they better start with the line.  If you can manage to run successfully, you force a team to decide to double 18, or play the run.  If you try to do both, that leaves even average WRs open for positive plays.  You ABSOLUTELY have to win the trenches, football 101......unless you're Son of Paul.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 01:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: In my opinion, they better start with the line.  If you can manage to run successfully, you force a team to decide to double 18, or play the run.  If you try to do both, that leaves even average WRs open for positive plays.  You ABSOLUTELY have to win the trenches, football 101......unless you're Son of Paul.

You'd think the moron would see that the best success in team history (the super bowls and 2005) came with outstanding line play.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 01:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You'd think the moron would see that the best success in team history (the super bowls and 2005) came with outstanding line play.

You'd *think*.....but, money. Mellow

Reply/Quote
Who can blame the man?

We are wasting this guy's talent. I don't think we have ever had a RB like him honestly.

Including Dillon cause this guy is a much better receiver. Why not give him touches in the passing game as well as the running
game if the running game is not working? He is not just a running back. But this has happened many times before under Marv
where they just go away with what is working.

Especially against his team, the Steelers and of course in the Playoffs and primetime.

It is embarrassing and the players know it. This team is crumbling cause of dumbass decisions, bias or stupid it all blowz.

I completely disagree with Pistons on our talent, i think this team is as talented as any in the league...

We just have shitty coaches.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 01:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: You'd *think*.....but, money. Mellow

That Center on Michigan looks alright. Krugler i think his name is.

Already looking at the draft lmao

BTW, MB would make more money if he put together a SB winning coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
Mixon might want to be careful what he wishes for.

He'd probably be on IR before week 12 with this o Line.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:44 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Mixon might want to be careful what he wishes for.

He'd probably be on IR before week 12 with this o Line.

Atleast he would get a shot at showing what he could do.

You don't quit doing what works is all he is saying.

Marv has done this lots of times which is assinine.

Seriously think he threw the game away in the second half like he has also done lots of times.

Being that he is a Steeler fan this wouldn't surprise me.
Reply/Quote
Seems like Mixon is calling out Andy. Not a fan of a rookie discussing a game plan. Is he correct? Who knows, but it seems they tried to put it on 14's back.

I know: oline
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like Mixon is calling out Andy. Not a fan of a rookie discussing a game plan. Is he correct? Who knows, but it seems they tried to put it on 14's back.

So it was Andy's decision to trot 32 out there to start the 2nd half?  Gotcha Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: So it was Andy's decision to trot 32 out there to start the 2nd half?  Gotcha Mellow

Hill got 1 touch in the second half.

Did you get that?

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hill got 1 touch in the second half.

Agreed, and Bernard 1, I think.  They still started the half with Hill in.  I liked the first half playcalling, a nice mix.  The run was doing enough to set up the PA pass.  Then, they decided not to run.  If you're saying Dalton was calling the plays, then I would get where you're coming from, if not, I don't really understand.  The defense started coming together a bit after a horrible start.  The turnovers were no reason to go pass heavy that early in the second half.  That said, the line's run blocking is not that great.  Thought we had some good looks with a two back set as well.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like Mixon is calling out Andy. Not a fan of a rookie discussing a game plan. Is he correct? Who knows, but it seems they tried to put it on 14's back.

Do you watch the games?  Seriously we little do not block anyone on offense but you act like it is a non issue
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Do you watch the games?  Seriously we little do not block anyone on offense but you act like it is a non issue

Stop deflecting from Andy.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed, and Bernard 1, I think.  They still started the half with Hill in.  I liked the first half playcalling, a nice mix.  The run was doing enough to set up the PA pass.  Then, they decided not to run.  If you're saying Dalton was calling the plays, then I would get where you're coming from, if not, I don't really understand.  The defense started coming together a bit after a horrible start.  The turnovers were no reason to go pass heavy that early in the second half.  That said, the line's run blocking is not that great.  Thought we had some good looks with a two back set as well.

If a running back thinks the runners should have more carries what does that lead you to think he is saying about the passing?

Put yourself in Andy's shoes. If a rookie RB says we should have ran the ball more after a loss; how would it make you feel?

Not slamming Andy for his play yesterday, just bringing up a dynamic not mentioned; perhaps, Marvin was standing up for his QB when he dismissed Mixon's comments........

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Do you watch the games?  Seriously we little do not block anyone on offense but you act like it is a non issue

No I do not watch the games. Nor is my football acumen on par with yours.

Reply/Quote
Six games in and Mixon is already getting frustrated. This should end well.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If a running back thinks the runners should have more carries what does that lead you to think he is saying about the passing?

Put yourself in Andy's shoes. If a rookie RB says we should have ran the ball more after a loss; how would it make you feel?

Not slamming Andy for his play yesterday, just bringing up a dynamic not mentioned; perhaps, Marvin was standing up for his QB when he dismissed Mixon's comments........

Running more doesn't necessarily mean we'd pass less. The proof is in the game we just watched.

1st half: Dalton passed 18 times while our RB's ran 11 times
2nd half: Dalton passed 12 times while our RB's ran 3 times

A good mix of run and pass often leads to more sustained drives, which gives the QB more chances to throw the ball. 

Why would Andy be upset about that?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If a running back thinks the runners should have more carries what does that lead you to think he is saying about the passing?

Well, I guess it could be......but I think, league wide, if you can succeed on the ground, it opens up so much of your playbook, and so many possibilities as to what you can do with it.

Dalton had a great first half, the whole offense did, really.  Then the second half looked like a different team, which is so common under Lewis.  I think Dalton's wheelhouse is the 20-25 attempts per game with a solid run performance.  If I'm him, I might be inclined to agree with the kid.  Defenses don't respect our run game, for good reason, when that's the case, they blanket our receivers.  Until we establish a run identity, it will continue this way.  I don't know who's fault it was the 2nd half that we quit running, but it wasn't a very sound philosophy.  I thought Lazor called a brilliant 1st half, with Dalton making some good presnap reads.....as did Romo.  Then, we didn't.

Reply/Quote