Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon's Migrane Should Be Good Now
Hopefully we didn't overpay...

Reply/Quote
He did return to practice today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 03:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Hopefully we didn't overpay...

You guys ever seen people doing molly?

I am surprised all their clothes are still on.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
$48,000,000

Reply/Quote
Yep, that's a big overpay in this enviroment. I would have let him test out free agency and see where the chips fell.
Reply/Quote
Nice to have a great piece of the offense locked up for the next 5 seasons.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 03:50 PM)pally Wrote: $48,000,000

As the guy who started the thread on Joe Mixon during the draft process and took a load of shit about his character; I just want to say that I'm a proud papa today.  I think both sides got a fair deal and it keeps one of the heartbeats of our team here for 5 years. Rock On

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/9/1/21417271/joe-mixon-bengals-contract-nfl-2020-oklahoma-sooners-football-news?fbclid=IwAR22ORFRItKjsV2ZYnkXRcG3vJMKsL22L1AH5gbe_5Qtrrg3UT3fqxvhiN0
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 03:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yep, that's a big overpay in this enviroment. I would have let him test out free agency and see where the chips fell.

He would have signed for much less.
Reply/Quote
This is great news, my friends...We have the QB, the RB, and the WR(S) to attack any defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 03:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yep, that's a big overpay in this enviroment. I would have let him test out free agency and see where the chips fell.

It's definitely more than I would have given him.  Still, it's spread out over 5 years, so it should be under $10 mil/year.  The big thing is going to be structure, signing bonus, performance/roster bonuses, etc.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He would have signed for much less.

I think based on the landscape of this FA class and the incoming HB draft class he probably would have. There are an abundance of more than capable backs in the NFL right now, which makes paying one big money long term a bad gamble.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 03:57 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's definitely more than I would have given him.  Still, it's spread out over 5 years, so it should be under $10 mil/year.  The big thing is going to be structure, signing bonus, performance/roster bonuses, etc.

No, the extension is 48 over 4. He has one year remaining on the current deal to make it 5. Now if they spread some money forward to this year and we are looking at somethign closer to 10 a year with little guranteed after 3 it wouldn't be a train wreck.
Reply/Quote
Sorry, didn't see AU's post...please merge mods
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Bengals and running back Joe Mixon have agreed to a contract extension, according to Tom Pelissero. Pro Football Talk says it’s a four-year deal worth $48 million.

Mixon, a second-round pick by way of the Oklahoma Sooners in the 2017 NFL Draft, was entering the final year of his rookie deal. His first big contract extension makes him one of the league’s highest-paid running backs now that he’s making $12 million annually.

In 44 career games (35 starts) with the Bengals, Mixon has accounted for 2,931 on 693 runs (4.2 avg.) with 17 touchdowns. He’s also caught 108 passes for 870 yards (8.1 avg.) and four more scores.

Over the last two seasons is when Mixon really established himself as a star in this league, as he ran 515 times for 2,305 yards and 13 touchdowns while grabbing 78 passes for 683 yards and three scores.

$12 million per year for a guy producing over 1,500 total yards annually seems like a fair deal for both sides.
Reply/Quote
Wasn't he talking about at least $8 million a year just last week?
Reply/Quote

I think after this season, where you see him used more in the passing game instead of heading to the bench for Gio to pick up a blitzer (and taking one more option out of the pattern) that the contract me be viewed as a bargain.  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wasn't he talking about at least $8 million a year just last week?

Maybe, I was thinking somewhere between 8-10 was the reset market for him. The only thing I can think is Kamara was about to get a deal and the Bengals panicked. 
Reply/Quote