[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Would rather have Watkins than lafell.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd definitely swap out lafell for watkins
Reply/Quote
Big fan of Watkins in college but wonder why he is rarely used in NFL and does not stick with teams long ?

Still am fine taking a chance on him if it is not a locker room cancer type issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Although Mixon does reference Lafell along with AJ and Ross leaving out Boyd, Core, Malone, and Ericson.

He must like Ross' potential.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 04:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Big fan of Watkins in college but wonder why he is rarely used in NFL and does not stick with teams long ?

Still am fine taking a chance on him if it is not a locker room cancer type issue.

Well, he was hurt quite a lot.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 04:51 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well, he was hurt quite a lot.

Maybe so but had to bench him from being my 3rd starting WR in fantasy last year.

Still say he is worth a shot though. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 04:44 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Although Mixon does reference Lafell along with AJ and Ross leaving out Boyd, Core, Malone, and Ericson.

He must like Ross' potential.

Boutdat_23 is Boyd, I believe.
Reply/Quote
I know Watkins has fallen quite a bit since draft day, but is he really enough of a cutout-bin FA for us to take a look? I think Mixon might be about to learn his first lesson about how the Bengals handle the hopes and desires of the players.
Reply/Quote
I think Watkins is actually going to be overpaid in a thin Free Agent market. Look for him to get a well above average deal that is based more around supply and potential then anything he has shown in the NFL. Allen Robinson not getting tagged adds a bit more to the WR market, but in the end I still think Watkins gets a good deal. If for some reason the bottom falls out of the market and you can get him for high end number 2 money I'd be fore cutting LaFell and picking him up (along with another couple million in salary).
Reply/Quote
We have a lot of young WR talent I would like to develop instead of signing a free agent.

Go back and look at what Sanu and Jones did as rookies. I think Ross and Malone can develop as well as they did.

I was a huge fan of watkins coming out of college, but we have MUCH bigger needs in free agency than WR.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 04:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Big fan of Watkins in college but wonder why he is rarely used in NFL and does not stick with teams long ?

I don't think he's a locker room cancer at all. I think Buffalo knew that he wasn't going to stay with them and so they traded him away for a 2nd rounder and EJ Gaines.
Watkins would be a great add IMO across from AJ Green. But I doubt Cincy would pay enough to bring him in.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 10:15 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think he's a locker room cancer at all. I think Buffalo knew that he wasn't going to stay with them and so they traded him away for a 2nd rounder and EJ Gaines.
Watkins would be a great add IMO across from AJ Green. But I doubt Cincy would pay enough to bring him in.

Yep, that's my thoughts as well.  You know Clown won't pay him enough, but it would definitely bring a nice dynamic to the offense.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 09:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think Watkins is actually going to be overpaid in a thin Free Agent market. Look for him to get a well above average deal that is based more around supply and potential then anything he has shown in the NFL. Allen Robinson not getting tagged adds a bit more to the WR market, but in the end I still think Watkins gets a good deal. If for some reason the bottom falls out of the market and you can get him for high end number 2 money I'd be fore cutting LaFell and picking him up (along with another couple million in salary).

I'd offer 3-year, $25 mill (avg. $8.33 mill a year) at most. He'll likely get more than that elsewhere, but I can't see investing more than that in a good WR2 when the Bengals have gaps elsewhere. Obviously, LaFell would need to be cut too to help cover that cost.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
love Watkins but honestly if we are going to spend on a free agent we need a center not another WR.

The only way to sign Watkins is to cut several vets like Adam Jones to create cap space- something Mike Brown never does.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 10:40 AM)bengals67 Wrote: love Watkins but honestly if we are going to spend on a free agent we need a center not another WR.

The only way to sign Watkins is to cut several vets like Adam Jones to create cap space- something Mike Brown never does.

Exactly. We can't find a way to use the wideouts we have on the roster now. With the Bengals already crying broke, I don't see a need for any free agent outside of the Oline.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 10:40 AM)bengals67 Wrote: love Watkins but honestly if we are going to spend on a free agent we need a center not another WR.

The only outside FA I can recall that the Bengals brought in for C was Jeff Faine, and that was a measly 1-year, $2.25 mill contract.
Otherwise, it's been guys who the Bengals either drafted, picked off waiver as a rookie (Braham), or signed as UDFA (Cooks).

The Bengals would be really out of their element if they brought in an outside FA at C that would command $5+ mill a year. It's much more likely they bring back Bodine and/or draft a C.

A WR could still be possible with the salary cap increasing by $10 mill, Jones's option not being picked up (save $6 mill), and LaFell cut (save $4 mill). That extra $20 mill could help a lot if used effectively.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

hurt for the bills

Rams decided to put money elsewhere
Reply/Quote
Great he can take Eifert's place in the training room.

Multiple concussions and multiple foot surgeries, not what I want in a WR.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 02:13 AM)Trademark Wrote: [Image: EF161_E58-_CAC3-42_DB-9_AC4-_BD6520902400.jpg]

Thoughts ?

Thoughts ?

OK, my thought is Mixon hasn't done enough to say who should be on this team. He is still earning his stripes. Bernard played better than Mixon.  Ocho wanted TO, team won 4 games.  Mixon wants Watson.  BENGALS NEED BLOCKING.  If Bengals went out and signed 4 Pro Bowl receivers and tight ends, they win only 4 games with no blocking.  I will not be happy with Bengals until they fix the offensive line. They will not go back to play-offs until they fix the offensive line.  Any Salary Cap money for free agents and draft picks must first go to bringing in blockers. After that, we need tacklers at linebacker, still a weak area if you want play-offs and Super Bowl.  Watkins IS NOT a Super Bowl move. The problem is not the Bengals receivers, it is the fact that there is no blocking to run or throw the ball, especially against play-off type teams that are all over Dalton as soon as ball is snapped. Og and Fish block nobody as D players run by to nail Dalton. Our guards and center not much better. The worst O Line in NFL needs completely rebuilt by the new O Line coach from Dallas Cowboys. Give this coach the free agents and draft picks to bring in blockers.  Mixon would benefit much more by blockers opening running and passing lanes. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote