Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mo Eggar on Andy
Recently saw and listened to Mo Eggar on Sports of All Sorts with Ken Broo. His analysis of the Bengals has never impressed me until this last episode of this show, and what he had to say about Andy. Many of you know, that Mo Eggar was never short on complaints slung Andy's way in the past, but his criticism has turned into praise.

The problem that I was having with Mo Eggar, was that he would often call out our QB by name, and single him out personally - often, when I thought his criticism was unfair.

In this recent appearance with Ken Broo, however, Mo Eggar clearly stated that those who do not support our quarterback, want him to fail. Those who want him to fail, do not want the want the Bengals to win. He then went on to say, if you don't want our team to win, then you are not a Bengals fan. This is my viewpoint as well.

As far as I was concerned, Mo Eggar did not represent the team he reported for in the way he should, and was therefore not qualified for the job, in my opinion. He is still on the radio though, and this turnaround, to me, has him a lot closer to where he needs to be to keep my interest in his discussions on the Bengals.

Good on him, is what I say. And I will be addressing him personally, through one outlet or another, to let him know I noticed. Without calling out any other fans necessarily, I support Mo Eggar's opinion on this matter.

FanStuckInIndy
Reply/Quote
Gee I wonder what direction this thread is going to take?
Reply/Quote
Oh, you do - do you...

..so what is the point of your post - or do you just show up with a snarky comment?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:03 PM)FanStuckInIndy Wrote: Oh, you do - do you...

..so what is the point of your post - or do you just show up with a snarky comment?

Stem cells.
Reply/Quote
Most on here will say you do not need to support a specific player to support your team.

I tend to agree with them. You can like a team and despise a player that is currently on it, or even a coach for that matter.

To say that not supporting Dalton or Lewis means that I do not support the team is absurd.

It's like saying that not supporting your girlfriends bad habits means you don't support the relationship.

It is possible to not support Andy Dalton and still be a Bengals fan.... is it constructive? well.... that is another question.
Reply/Quote
I will continue to support Andy as long as he's in stripes. I will continue to support any player that I don't deem to be bad enough at their position to be detrimental to the future of our Bengals.

Andy is good enough in my opinion(for now), but I can't say that I'd make a thread devoted to bashing the shit out of anybody that doesn't agree with my stance.

[Image: th?id=JN.Ryh7LH%2bXnR6PZhhFvfIWLw&pid=15...=300&h=300]
Reply/Quote
I sincerely hope Andy Dalton turns it around and becomes the QB that, in the past, has only shown up on occasion - Good Andy. I hope he can keep his floor games up in a higher level !

I hope that if we make the playoffs, Andy doesn't have that thousand yard stare (along with the rest of the team) when they come out for the 3rd qtr.

Am I fully 100% confident he will ? Nope
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"Wanting" our team to win.....and "Believing" they will win are two entirely different mindsets. I can't think of ANY fan that doesn't WANT the team to win and hopes for it every week.....but I can think of several (including myself) that don't BELIEVE they will depending on the opponent we are playing that week. Now before you go accusing us of NOT being fans.....think about. Do you have them going 16-0 this year.....and every year?? If not.....then you don't Believe they are going to win EVERY week either. It's just being realistic.

As far as Andy Dalton is concerned.....I believe you can be a Bengals fan and not be thrilled about the QB...or any other player for that matter. After all.....the fans don't chose the players.....and we have weathered some DOOZIES. What exactly is the alternative? Jumping ship and becoming a fan of some other team??
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:06 PM)Wfredtoast Wrote: Stem cells.

Lol
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:16 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I will continue to support Andy as long as he's in stripes. I will continue to support any player that I don't deem to be bad enough at their position to be detrimental to the future of our Bengals.

Andy is good enough in my opinion(for now), but I can't say that I'd make a thread devoted to bashing the shit out of anybody that doesn't agree with my stance.

[Image: th?id=JN.Ryh7LH%2bXnR6PZhhFvfIWLw&pid=15...=300&h=300]

http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-It-starts-in-2015
http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Does-anyone

wut
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I sincerely hope Andy Dalton turns it around and becomes the QB that, in the past, has only shown up on occasion - Good Andy. I hope he can keep his floor games up in a higher level !

I hope that if we make the playoffs, Andy doesn't have that thousand yard stare (along with the rest of the team) when they come out for the 3rd qtr.

Am I fully 100% confident he will ? Nope

On occasion? 

That's underselling his performance just a bit, isn't it?

I will say this in support of the OP's stance:  I think a lot of Bengals fans on here (and they clearly are fans) are like the guy who got cheated on in high school so he thinks every girl he meets after that is going to do the same thing.  So many had so much love for Palmer, only to see the dream shattered by one dirty hit by (who else?) the steelers. 

I'm not saying they need to run out and get a tattoo of Dalton's likeness on their butt cheek, but I would think they would spend a bit more time celebrating his successes instead of bashing him for his failures.  

To each his own, though.  I choose to see him as the QB that can bring this team their first ever Super Bowl win.   
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:40 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-Does-anyone
http://bengalsboard.net/Thread-It-starts-in-2015

wut

Poking fun at Denny for running around Reddit and making fun of Brad for being obsessed with Andy's dick is hardly the same as creating a thread trashing part of the fanbase.

I know that not everybody can be bright enough to see the difference though.

The funny part is that my thread about Denny was calling him out for bashing the fanbase, just as I did here. So lol @ your attempted GOTCHA post. Sucks to be you.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:49 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Poking fun at Denny for running around Reddit and making fun of Brad for being obsessed with Andy's dick is hardly the same as creating a thread trashing part of the fanbase.

I know that not everybody can be bright enough to see the difference though.

So, Denny and Brad aren't a part of the fanbase? You said  "but I can't say that I'd make a thread devoted to bashing the shit out of anybody that doesn't agree with my stance." So you bashing either of them wasn't because they don't have different outlooks on the team... Hmm whatever you say Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:52 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So, Denny and Brad aren't a part of the fanbase? You said  "but I can't say that I'd make a thread devoted to bashing the shit out of anybody that doesn't agree with my stance." So you bashing either of them wasn't because they don't have different outlooks on the team... Hmm what you say Rolleyes

My thread about Denny was because HE was bashing the fanbase. Hurr durr, get it? Or not, I don't expect you to follow along very well.

I was poking fun at Brad for obsessing over someone's dick, nothing really football related except the dick belongs to a football player.

I totally get that you wouldn't see the differences. Run along now and claim your GOTCHA victory.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:54 PM)djs7685 Wrote: My thread about Denny was because HE was bashing the fanbase. Hurr durr, get it? Or not, I don't expect you to follow along very well.

I was poking fun at Brad for obsessing over someone's dick, nothing really football related except the dick belongs to a football player.

I totally get that you wouldn't see the differences. Run along now and claim your GOTCHA victory.

You still were bashing Denny for his views.. The thing you said you didn't see yourself doing. I guess you just can't see the hypocrisy.
Reply/Quote
So I guess I can't be a fan of the team if I am critical of our mediocre QB.

Gotchya.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:56 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: You still were bashing Denny for his views.. The thing you said you didn't see yourself doing. I guess you just can't see the hypocrisy.

If I'm guilty of bashing Denny for acting like he's a better fan than half the fanbase, then yeah I'll carry that happily. My bad that you still don't see the difference. Not doing this with you again that you always seem to try and push my buttons for whatever reason. Are you as obsessed with me as you are Andy?

*waiting for the "Yeah ur only stopping because I win and u don't have stuff to say durr durr durr" post*

(08-21-2015, 01:58 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: So I guess I can't be a fan of the team if I am critical of our mediocre QB.

Gotchya.

I think that it's fine to be critical of anybody as long as you support our guys when it comes to gameday, which 99% of the fanbase does.

Most super homers get way caught up in their thought that they're "better" fans than everybody else.
Reply/Quote
No one that posts on here "wants" the Bengals, and therefore Andy, to lose. Every single person "wants" Andy to be successful and lead us to multiple Super Bowl wins. "Believing" that Andy has the ability to do so is where the arguments come from. Saying fans on here don't support the team is insulting and absurd.

One of the worst things to happen for a lot of people is that Andy is just good enough that his job is secure but bad enough that we have early playoff exits for next 6 years. Call it purgatory if you want. The floor is high but the ceiling seems low. Therefore, if Andy having a bad season forces change, then it may be worth it in the long run.

I for one am still holding out hope that the light turns on for Andy (and the coaches, and the defense, and the etc.). I like him. He seems like a really good guy and does great things in the community. However, my patience is running low and I am not sure how many more "It's his rookie season", "He has a new coordinator", "He was missing all his receivers" explanations I can take. This is year 5.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 02:03 PM)djs7685 Wrote: If I'm guilty of bashing Denny for acting like he's a better fan than half the fanbase, then yeah I'll carry that happily. My bad that you still don't see the difference. Not doing this with you again that you always seem to try and push my buttons for whatever reason. Are you as obsessed with me as you are Andy?

*waiting for the "Yeah ur only stopping because I win and u don't have stuff to say durr durr durr" post*

I guess you really don't see the hypocrisy with it. That's just a shame. At least you admit that you were wrong with your post saying you wouldn't make a thread to bash someone with different views. I guess that's a step in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stem cells.

Peyton says they are tastey.
Reply/Quote