Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mock On Yahoo! Has Us Taking Daniels In The First Round
In Yahoo!'s Mock 2.0, they have us taking James Daniels in the first round as the first center off the board.

I'm thinking "what the hell," because, while it sounds like we think Pollack might be able to make serviceable players out of our guards, Isaiah Wynn was still on the board, along with the Radnow and Price, as I mentioned.

This mock draft has me thinking that Yahoo!'s draft writer is just high as hell.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile I'm over here waiting for Dave Lapham to chime in.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 07:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: In Yahoo!'s Mock 2.0, they have us taking James Daniels in the first round as the first center off the board.

I'm thinking "what the hell," because, while it sounds like we think Pollack might be able to make serviceable players out of our guards, Isaiah Wynn was still on the board, along with the Radnow and Price, as I mentioned.

This mock draft has me thinking that Yahoo!'s draft writer is just high as hell.

Thoughts?

Yea he needs to share what he’s toking. He’s outside his mind on a couple things. A. I don’t think arguably the best tackle in the draft most experienced tackle in the draft nor the most versatile o lineman in the draft at his level in Wynn makes it to us. And B. If he does we are running to the mic to call his name. We ain’t passing on Wynn for Daniels. Let alone Ragnow and price so I’m with you 100%. “Koo koo”- Brian regan voice
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 07:16 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Meanwhile I'm over here waiting for Dave Lapham to chime in.

All that really matters. I’m onto the second round once we hear from him lol
Reply/Quote
Pollack's message is toughness. Daniels is the opposite. It's why I think we go Hernandez. He's the living embodiment of toughness.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 07:23 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Pollack's message is toughness. Daniels is the opposite. It's why I think we go Hernandez. He's the living embodiment of toughness.

Daniels is a perfect fit in a zone blocking scheme which the rumor is we will be doing similar to what he did in Dallas. I think there is about 0 chance we take Hernandez. If they are worried about Guard I think they go ragnow or price because of the guard/center versatility, go to camp and figure it out.
Reply/Quote
Daniels blocks the shit out of people.

There is a reason many consider him the #1 C.

I just want one of the top 3. Daniels Ragnow or Price. We will get some players i like for sure. But more than anything i will be satisfied as long as one of those 3 is a Bengal
Reply/Quote
We will take McGlinchey in the first if available.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 07:23 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Pollack's message is toughness. Daniels is the opposite. It's why I think we go Hernandez. He's the living embodiment of toughness.

it could go either way imo....
some say Daniels at 21 b/c he's supposed to be the #1 ranked OC.....
BUT......
imo I think a smarter way to go is pick Hernandez at 21 then in rd #2 pick the best OC on the board....Daniels will probably be gone.....
fine....
pick Price or Ragnow.....
Hernandez looks like  pro bowl material....we need a mauler on the line....

then go to rd #3 & look for LB,  Safety or DT.....BPA from those positions...
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 08:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We will take McGlinchey in the first if available.
I agree....but I bet he's not there....

so I bet it's gonna be
Daniels, Hernandez or Wynn....

b/c fixing this O-line should be the #1 priority.....
it's killed us 2 years in a row.... Cry
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 07:16 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Meanwhile I'm over here waiting for Dave Lapham to chime in.

He's on with Lance tomorrow, 0700 at 6:05 PM
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 07:17 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Yea he needs to share what he’s toking.  He’s outside his mind on a couple things.  A. I don’t think arguably the best tackle in the draft most experienced tackle in the draft nor the most versatile o lineman in the draft at his level in Wynn makes it to us.  And B. If he does we are running to the mic to call his name.  We ain’t passing on Wynn for Daniels.  Let alone Ragnow and price so I’m with you 100%.  “Koo koo”- Brian regan voice

Wynn won't play OT in the NFL.....most likely he'll be a Guard....short arms.....T-rex syndrom.....
 can also play OC.....BUT
I would much prefer Hernandez over Wynn ....
but different ppl see it different ways...
& I think i'd prefer Price over Wynn as our OC
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 07:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: Daniels is a perfect fit in a zone blocking scheme which the rumor is we will be doing similar to what he did in Dallas. I think there is about 0 chance we take Hernandez. If they are worried about Guard I think they go ragnow or price because of the guard/center versatility, go to camp and figure it out.
Not when the zone blocking center will get blown backwards due to having no core strength. He was never the bunber 1 center before the combine. Hernandez is best guard in this class and is the best phone booth blocker. Pollack's also wasn't aggressiveness and shorter sets which fits Hernandez to a t. Out him across from someone he like to take 1 step and gets his hands on people. Which is exactly what Pollack's wants. U could go hernandez price daius Leonard and be very happy.
(04-18-2018, 08:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Daniels blocks the shit out of people.

There is a reason many consider him the #1 C.

I just want one of the top 3. Daniels Ragnow or Price. We will get some players i like for sure. But more than anything i will be satisfied as long as one of those 3 is a Bengal
Nobody considered him top center before the combine. Falling in love with the numbers. It's the same thing that happened last year witu pocic and elflien. Elflien better center but pocic drafted first.
(04-18-2018, 10:34 PM)Steve Wrote: it could go either way imo....
some say Daniels at 21 b/c he's supposed to be the #1 ranked OC.....
BUT......
imo I think a smarter way to go is pick Hernandez at 21 then in rd #2 pick the best OC on the board....Daniels will probably be gone.....
fine....
pick Price or Ragnow.....
Hernandez looks like  pro bowl material....we need a mauler on the line....

then go to rd #3 & look for LB,  Safety or DT.....BPA from those positions...
Daniels was never 1 before combine.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind it.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 10:48 PM)Steve Wrote: Wynn won't play OT in the NFL.....most likely he'll be a Guard....short arms.....T-rex syndrom.....
 can also play OC.....BUT
I would much prefer Hernandez over Wynn ....
but different ppl see it different ways...
& I think i'd prefer Price over Wynn as our OC

Absolutely I’d love Hernandez over Wynn if that’s what we wanna o in the first but other teams are gonna see that versatility cuz although he probably won’t be starting at tackle he’s 1 injury away from being one. He’s a good insurance at any position on the line. That type of stuff is covered in the league.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 08:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We will take McGlinchey in the first if available.

That's what I was thinking. There should be a C available in the 2nd and we still have a hole at RT.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 10:46 PM)Goalpost Wrote: He's on with Lance tomorrow, 0700 at 6:05 PM

6 to midnight lol
Reply/Quote
I like the idea of a C & RT (in no particular order) being the pick in the first 2 rounds better, but I think the 'higher floor' play could be C & G in the first 2 rounds.
Reply/Quote
Outside of this message board, Daniels is the consensus top rated Center in the upcoming draft. I just read Gil Brandt's (The Godfather) Hot 150 and he has Daniels rated the 23rd best prospect in the upcoming draft regardless of position:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000926642/article/hot-150-gil-brandts-topranked-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft

Couple Daniels rating of 23rd overall with our need for Center and Daniels is a great choice. The next ranked Center is Ragnow at 40. Price comes in somewhere in the 60s, somewhere after Rankins. Folks need to get over their bias of personal favorites. Daniels is the best Center in this draft and it's really not close.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 12:27 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Daniels was never 1 before combine.

You keep saying this but it's simply not true. As soon as Daniels announced he was foregoing his Senior season  he immediately was considered the top Center prospect; it's just he was a little latein announcing so folks had Price at Center-1.

The combine may have played a part in folks such as Ragnow and Mankins getting rated ahead of Price on some boards, but Daniels was the top Center prospect coming into the combine. 

Now I would be thrilled with Hernandez in the first and Price in the 2nd, but he's not the best Center prospect in this draft. Daniels is.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote