Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game
(01-05-2023, 11:11 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: As someone who is/was generally uneasy with the idea of the Bills being asked to forfeit Monday's game; if they forfeit the Pats game I've no problem at all with them forfeiting our game as well.

I haven't heard anything from the Bills that they are considering forfeiting anything. They are practicing. 
Reply/Quote
Last night he posted an article that traction is gaining to do NfC wildcard next weekend along with bills bengals. Then AFC the next.

He is throwing spaghetti against a wall and seeing what sticks, and he will then claim he was right after the fact.

At this point, they are just putting out content for clicks… which at the end of the day, is their job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the Bills game is not played, does anybody know how the ticket refunding process will work? That's going to be about a $15M hit for the NFL/Bengals to do that, which makes me surprised that they aren't trying really hard to find a way to play it.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:24 AM)TheFan Wrote: So 3 options and the writer has no clue what they're talking about lol They're just saying the same options everyone has already said. A tie and no contest are different options. 

Different options with the same outcome, for seeding purposes.

I don’t think they can call it a “tie” though.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I haven't heard anything from the Bills that they are considering forfeiting anything. They are practicing. 

Indeed. I was responding to a post which was talking about the hypothetical scenario that they did forfeit this coming weekend. I think it'll remain hypothetical as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:50 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Honestly, it should have happened already, but I imagine the NFL didn't want to come off as insensitive. I would assume or hope teams learn today. As Crazydawg mentioned, the decision impacts team and player prep. Teams should have been notified Tuesday or Wednesday, but that didn't happen.

We still played after Henry passed. We still played after Adam Zimmer passed. We'll still play if anyone else passes. It didn't happen on the field. Who cares where it happened? Someone could die in a playoff game and it would resume. I'm sure you aren't, but don't be fooled by these clowns. Every decision that follows is based off $
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:53 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: We still played after Henry passed. We still played after Adam Zimmer passed. We'll still play if anyone else passes. It didn't happen on the field. Who cares where it happened? Someone could die in a playoff game and it would resume. I'm sure you aren't, but don't be fooled by these clowns. Every decision that follows is based off $

Oh I am sure.  They are probably thinking what a great way to get teams to not rest starters this weekend by not announcing anything about the Bengals/Bills game.  Hope I am wrong, but I cannot believe the NFL has not made a decision yet.  It's Thursday; games start Saturday.  Absolute fail by the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:12 AM)Big Boss Wrote: 1) If the Bengals win this weekend and the Bills lose, the Bengals are #2.
2) If the Bengals win/lose this weekend and the Bills win, the Bills are #2 and the Bengals are #3.  But a playoff game between these two teams would be played in Cincinnati despite seeding.

That's about as fair a compromise as I can get.  Trying to be objective here, the team most immediately screwed by the No Contest would be the Ravens.  But like I said in another thread, if I were a Ravens fan I don't think I'd be griping about it given how the team has looked since their bye week.

And if the Bills win and KC loses, Bills are actually the 1 seed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:18 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think we all knew this was going to be the path. The longer they wait, the more likely this seems.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/04/momentum-builds-for-cancelation-of-bills-bengals-game/

***** bullshit. Completely screws us out of the 2 seed.

Not sure how you are missing that we still have a chance at 2 seed, this does not completely screw us, who it screws is the Ravens (no chance at division) Bills still have a chance at 1st seed though... With that said I support not playing the game if that is what they decide
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:39 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: At this point, I'm not really concerned with what decision they make, but I think they really need to make a definitive decision before the weekend.

I don't think it's fair to the players of several teams if they are being led to believe that MAYBE the game will be played later. That will impact injury reports, it will impact how teams practice, how teams prepare for week 18 and beyond and it just draws this whole thing out much longer than it needs to be.

NFL. Make the call. Either schedule the game or NC it. But stop dangling the carrot. For everyone's sakes.

Exactly.

And making a decision on the Bengals-Buffalo game after the weekend games are played would make it look like the NFL bureaucrats weighed the results in their decision. You know, we like or don't like who is seeded 1, 2, and 3, and the division winner between the Bengals and the Ravens. i see no combinations of wins or losses this weekend in which the seeding would not be impacted by a game between the Bengals and the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:45 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Last night he posted an article that traction is gaining to do NfC wildcard next weekend along with bills bengals.  Then AFC the next.

He is throwing spaghetti against a wall and seeing what sticks, and he will then claim he was right after the fact.

At this point, they are just putting out content for clicks… which at the end of the day, is their job.

And I like this scenario better than any other I've heard, which means it's probably dead in the water.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:38 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean it SIGNIFICANTLY lessens their chances... 
Bills lose, we win we are 2nd seed, so i don't think that is a significantly less chance, I agree it does lower the odds but that is assuming we would win a rematch game especially since we had no clue how the end result would have been in our game with it being only 1/2 way though 1st quarter.  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:56 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Oh I am sure.  They are probably thinking what a great way to get teams to not rest starters this weekend by not announcing anything about the Bengals/Bills game.  Hope I am wrong, but I cannot believe the NFL has not made a decision yet.  It's Thursday; games start Saturday.  Absolute fail by the NFL.

The NFL is not in the business to not have teams field teams, this is why they have tried to adjust schedules on week 18 to be more competitive, they don;t like teams resting players... so if i was them I would wait also
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: And if the Bills win and KC loses, Bills are actually the 1 seed.

If the above happens we should be the #1 seed with Buffalo forfeiting our game.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:33 PM)Nepa Wrote: Exactly.

And making a decision on the Bengals-Buffalo game after the weekend games are played would make it look like the NFL bureaucrats weighed the results in their decision. You know, we like or don't like who is seeded 1, 2, and 3, and the division winner between the Bengals and the Ravens. i see no combinations of wins or losses this weekend in which the seeding would not be impacted by a game between the Bengals and the Bills.

I think it goes along with what the NFL has been trying to do with adjustments to week 17 and 18, more division and conference games, they don;t want teams resting players, does not go with the nature of the NFL and games... holding out the news makes the games more competitive this weekend
Reply/Quote
If KC loses this weekend the NFL is really going to be a mess. I'm expecting a lot of favorable calls for KC so the NFL can avoid that one.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The NFL is not in the business to not have teams field teams, this is why they have tried to adjust schedules on week 18 to be more competitive, they don;t like teams resting players... so if i was them I would wait also

That's all fine and everything, but in this situation it would make it look like they are rigging the seeding.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:38 PM)Mer Wrote: If the above happens we should be the #1 seed with Buffalo forfeiting our game.

Correct, or resume the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The NFL is not in the business to not have teams field teams, this is why they have tried to adjust schedules on week 18 to be more competitive, they don;t like teams resting players... so if i was them I would wait also

Then if you decided after the weekend I would accuse you of bias in deciding whether of not to hold the Bengals-Bills game. That you weighed the results in making your decision. I would also blame you for pushing players that may need rest to play and risk injury when you could have given them clarity on whether the game they are playing in has any meaning -- notably the Ravens have zero idea if the game they are playing in is worth risking injury or not. Thankfully, you are not the NFL commissioner so you won't get the wrath of fans for putting dollar signs above the integrity of the game or the health of the players.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:38 PM)Mer Wrote: If the above happens we should be the #1 seed with Buffalo forfeiting our game.

Bills did not forfeit the game.. NFL suspended the game
Reply/Quote