Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game
(01-05-2023, 02:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No it wouldn't.

If KC loses, they are 13-4 (.7647).
Bengals, at best, would be 12-4 (.7500).

So there would be no way Bengals could get higher than 2 seed.

Yes sir and that is BS.

Giving the Bengals the win and the Bills the loss is the most fair thing to do if we aren't going to play the game again.

Just sucks for the Bills all the way around, but if the shoe was on the other foot I would still think it was the most fair way here...

For everyone.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote:

How the hell would this be fair to the Bengals at all, who would be the 3 seed and potentially had the chance to be the 1 or 2? They would get the shaft still having to travel to either Buff or KC for the divisional game.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I am expecting an announce this afternoon. Current information is that Bills-Bengals is cancelled and will not happen. This is per PFT, so nothing official. Take it with a grain of salt.

The eighth team thing is speculation, not rumors. Don't pay any attention to it.
Reply/Quote
There are no good solutions here and the NFL dithering for three days has made it much worse.

Heck, why not No Contest the game then randomly select one game for every other AFC team and NC them as well (you would ignore who played just see if the random choice was a W or L and adjust appropriately)? It would put everyone at 16 games and then you recalculate everything. I'm not recommending this but in fairness terms it is as fair as you can get.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 02:58 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am expecting an announce this afternoon. Current information is that Bills-Bengals is cancelled and will not happen. This is per PFT, so nothing official. Take it with a grain of salt.

The eighth team thing is speculation, not rumors. Don't pay any attention to it.

Neutral site if any of the following matchups were to happen in the playoffs:

KC vs. Buffalo 
KC vs. Cincy 
Buffalo vs. KC 
Buffalo vs. Cincy 

Home field advantage solved. Now what do you do about the bye?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
All these crazy scenarios and changing venues and times and pushing playoff weeks back, etc., etc. when a Bills forfeit solves everything.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 02:55 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: How the hell would this be fair to the Bengals at all, who would be the 3 seed and potentially had the chance to be the 1 or 2? They would get the shaft still having to travel to either Buff or KC for the divisional game.

Yeah, but what I expected. I was just talking about what I thought was the most fair, but out of the 3 teams we will always be the one
that gets the shaft, just the way it goes. Oh well, will take the 3 seed and be happy and use the extra motivation in the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Maybe the most satisfying way to resolve this mess for all involved is to force Tom Brady to retire in disgrace.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
If game is not played, players stats from first 10 minutes of the game would not count. So Joe B. and Tyler board both lose a TD.

Simply, there will be losers in every scenario short of finishing the game. Even then, Bills and Bengals playing in week 19 if they do play hurts both of them as others will be on a bye.

My prayers were answered so far, the young man is still alive and progressing so in the end, that is really what matters to me.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm tired of hearing "The Super Bowl can't be moved back so it's a non-starter."

Why are the corporate sponsors so immovable? What's so ***** important on their to do list that they can't adjust their schedules for one weekend? What corporation is so important that the NFL can't make a move without their blessing? Is it because the halftime artist has gigs planned for the following weekend that can't be cancelled? Is there some large corporate meeting scheduled the following weekend that can't have an assigned representative attend, it must only be the bigwigs of the companies?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:13 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Maybe the most satisfying way to resolve this mess for all involved is

…for the Bills to forfeit the MNF game. If the Bills were up 7-3 the Bengals would’ve already been forced to eat the L. I’m sure of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:25 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: …for the Bills to forfeit the MNF game. If they were up 7-3 the Bengals would’ve already been forced to eat the L. I’m sure of it.

STC, I was thinking the very same thing just minutes ago. You are 100% correct. NFL execs--- Gdamn b@stards, all of them.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:25 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I'm tired of hearing "The Super Bowl can't be moved back so it's a non-starter."

Why are the corporate sponsors so immovable? What's so ***** important on their to do list that they can't adjust their schedules for one weekend? What corporation is so important that the NFL can't make a move without their blessing? Is it because the halftime artist has gigs planned for the following weekend that can't be cancelled? Is there some large corporate meeting scheduled the following weekend that can't have an assigned representative attend, it must only be the bigwigs of the companies?

Whole city's have to be planned around it, it's a week long event that you literally can not move it. Hotel bookings alone are a nightmare, you can't just move them because every hotel room in the city is booked and the following week those rooms are somewhat booked.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:25 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I'm tired of hearing "The Super Bowl can't be moved back so it's a non-starter."

It's not just corporate sponsors.  It's about the logistics involved and the massive amount of support systems in play to support an event as large as the Super Bowl.  Sure they moved it back a week in 2001 but that was done in September for a Super Bowl that was at the time planned for the last weekend of January.  We are now less than a month and a half away from the scheduled Super Bowl.

There are entire hotels already booked, massive amounts of security employees already booked and scheduled, massive amounts of media organizations and their support staff booked and scheduled, catering organizations booked and scheduled and all sorts of other business and employees arranged to support this massive event on that date. Then you also have to consider all the fans that have already bought tickets and booked hotels for that weekend.  It isn't like a regular season game.  It is one of the biggest events in the US where basically an entire city is reserved and set up to host for that weekend.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 02:52 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: lol...this is absurd. I know that if I really believed that I wouldn't watch another game. None of it is scripted or rigged.

It's not outright scripted, but if you don't think the outcomes of games are "influenced"  - you're very naive.
Reply/Quote
Now that the kid looks like he’s out of the woods and will make a recovery I can say this.

We are getting royally ****** over here.

We had a 60% chance of winning the game when it was stopped according to a stat I saw it was plain to see that the offence was rolling Hilton was a mm from intercepting the handoff 2 plays before the field goal and it felt like in the red zone the defence had got it together.

The media is more concerned about the chiefs and bills re the 1 seed when if the game played out it would have been us at 2 with an afc north title hoping for a kc loss on Saturday the bills would have been irrelevant.

It’s bollocks and I’m ***** pissed that every scenario seems to shaft us.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 02:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir and that is BS.

Giving the Bengals the win and the Bills the loss is the most fair thing to do if we aren't going to play the game again.

Just sucks for the Bills all the way around, but if the shoe was on the other foot I would still think it was the most fair way here...

For everyone.

what justification do you have giving the Bills the lose ? the NFL suspended the game not the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 02:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No it wouldn't.

If KC loses, they are 13-4 (.7647).
Bengals, at best, would be 12-4 (.7500).

So there would be no way Bengals could get higher than 2 seed.

It would if they do resume the Bills/Bengals game.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:45 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Now that the kid looks like he’s out of the woods and will make a recovery I can say this.

We are getting royally ****** over here.

We had a 60% chance of winning the game when it was stopped according to a stat I saw it was plain to see that the offence was rolling Hilton was a mm from intercepting the handoff 2 plays before the field goal and it felt like in the red zone the defence had got it together.

The media is more concerned about the chiefs and bills re the 1 seed when if the game played out it would have been us at 2 with an afc north title hoping for a kc loss on Saturday the bills would have been irrelevant.

It’s bollocks and I’m ***** pissed that every scenario seems to shaft us.

I had a 80% chance of winning on a parlay late in the Carolina and TB game.. and i did not win..lol... this has nothing to do with the media, bias etc... the NFL is not targeting the Bengals in their decision, the team that actually gets most hurt by not playing is Baltimore 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:41 PM)Tomkat Wrote: It's not outright scripted, but if you don't think the outcomes of games are "influenced"  - you're very naive.

How exactly does that work? Are only the Refs in on it? This isn't their full time job so they are going to take a chance exposing themselves to corruption charges to influence outcomes meanwhile every ref ever employed by the NFL has managed to keep this fact hush hush? There's no logic in this.
Reply/Quote