Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game
(01-05-2023, 04:41 PM)ChaseThis Wrote: And we have an "acting" President who often doesn't even know where he is and should be in a retirement home. Correct, America is an insane asylum. 

He was in Kentucky yesterday building bridges with the KY senator.

[Image: FlpvFTnWAAgpcRQ?format=jpg&name=900x900]
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Hey there fellow forum members. Just a reminder that there is an entire sub forum here for politics and religion talk. I avoid it like the plague myself but for you all that want to talk about such things perhaps you should take it over there. :)
Beat me to it.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends on how you look at it.

If the Bengals-Bills game is not played and thus not counted in the standings, it means the Bengals automatically win the AFC North.
There is no way the Ravens can win the AFC North at that point, as the Bengals would be guaranteed a higher win percentage.

On the flip side, if the Bengals lost to both Bills and Ravens, they are then in the wildcard.

Bengals were not going to lose to either, and we all know it.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:41 PM)ChaseThis Wrote: And we have an "acting" President who often doesn't even know where he is and should be in a retirement home. Correct, America is an insane asylum. 

You mean the guy who is getting the Brent Spence bridge as well as America's infrastructure rebuilt?  Benedict Donald promised to do all this but that was just another lie, just like everything else that came outta his goddam mouth. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:49 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: You mean the guy who is getting the Brent Spence bridge as well as America's infrastructure rebuilt?  Benedict Donald promised to do all this but that was just another lie, just like everything else that came outta his goddam mouth. 

Shouldn’t the debating of how incompetence of presidents be located in another forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:49 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: You mean the guy who is getting the Brent Spence bridge as well as America's infrastructure rebuilt?  Benedict Donald promised to do all this but that was just another lie, just like everything else that came outta his goddam mouth. 

Now talk about the rapid inflation rates and the crippling effect it has on lower and middle class families. Let me guess, Donnie's fault too? 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: what justification do you have giving the Bills the lose ? the NFL suspended the game not the Bills.

Just so we have all the facts straight, McDermott wanted to be at the hospital and i doubt anyone on the Bills wanted to continue playing. Zac agreed and i bet there was only a small handful of guys on the Bengals that wanted to play. 

The NFL left it up to the teams to decide what they wanted to do. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Looks like the NFL is not going to resume the Bills-Bengals game, per Sara Elyse.

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:48 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Bengals were not going to lose to either, and we all know it.

Okay. But in the real world, which most of us live in, they could have lost both of those games. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:01 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: How exactly does that work? Are only the Refs in on it? This isn't their full time job so they are going to take a chance exposing themselves to corruption charges to influence outcomes meanwhile every ref ever employed by the NFL has managed to keep this fact hush hush? There's no logic in this.

Conspiracy theories never come with specifics, only baseless suppositions--a lot of which can be debunked with facts. That's how they are not able to be killed. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:55 PM)TheFan Wrote: Okay. But in the real world, which most of us live in, they could have lost both of those games. 

Agree. Small chance.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
2000 scenarios. All of them screws somebody and inconveniences a bunch of people. Just wish they would rip the band aid off so everyone knows, but they may not know and all these "insiders" don't have a damn clue. They are fed BS or just make it up as they go.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:48 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Bengals were not going to lose to either, and we all know it.

100% false that we know it.
People may believe it, but it's never 100% known.

But if everything is known, you should go put money on the outcomes. You'd be rich!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Looks like the NFL is not going to resume the Bills-Bengals game, per Sara Elyse.

SHOCKER!!!!

Bastards.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Not that I want to actually see it, but what about doing it this way: every team (minus Bills and Bengals) gets to pick a game that had a major injury to one of its players (said player had to have not finished the game and not played for at least 1 game afterwards). As long as the game isn't against the Bengals or the Bills (sorry Dolphins), they get to request that game be removed from the schedule. Then going in order of the waiver wire as of this week, you remove that game from both teams schedule as no-contest. Go down the wire bypassing teams who've already had games removed until every team has had 1 game removed from the schedule. Then let the chips fall where they may. 

Again, I don't want to see that happening AT ALL - and I mean NO OTHER TEAM GETS TO REMOVE A GAME FROM THEIR SCHEDULE - but I like to get creative from time to time.

Phil...wft are you doing? This is all convoluted enough without all these wacky scenarios, my man. 

B-less-CrEaTiVe!!!!!!  Cool

Reply/Quote
In lighter news.. if the Bills game is canceled, we won the division yes?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:57 PM)Science Friction Wrote: SHOCKER!!!!

Bastards.

If the Bills lose to the Pat's, which is possible, and we beat the Ravens we get the 2 seed without having to play the Bills and (physically at least) sort of getting an extra bye. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:20 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: So I read that Adam Schefter said the game will be cancelled and the AFC championship game may be played at a neutral site…

(Which would be funny if it somehow ended up being the Chargers vs the Dolphins)

He said he was just guessing.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:58 PM)ChaseThis Wrote: In lighter news.. if the Bills game is canceled, we won the division yes?

uh..no...we have to play the Ravens for it. 

If we had won vs the bills then yes.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I had a 80% chance of winning on a parlay late in the Carolina and TB game.. and i did not win..lol... this has nothing to do with the media, bias etc... the NFL is not targeting the Bengals in their decision, the team that actually gets most hurt by not playing is Baltimore 

Trust me mate if there is anybody who knows about last minute losses ***** up bets it’s me LOL

But the fact is when the game was stopped we were leading and it seems that whatever scenario the league chooses here we are going to get the shitty end of the stick.

Even the media seem to think it’s nailed on that it will be a KC Buf AFC championship game once again written off before it starts.

We would have been at least the 2 seed by the end of Sunday we all know it the only upside to this is if the afc championship is at a neutral venue we won’t have to go to arrowhead but we will still more than likely have to go to Buffalo which isn’t right.
Reply/Quote