Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game
(01-05-2023, 05:01 PM)Destro Wrote: Who....is...she?! Cool

She knows she's hot. Trust me. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:18 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: To find the positives now we’ve been robbed:

This puts another chip on Burrow’s shoulder he was well on his way to an MVP level performance on Monday now it’s more than likely going to Kermit.

Now let’s go out there and show the world that we can’t be stopped no matter what they throw at us.

I will say, much as this whole situation could 'harm' our season, it could also galvanise us. It's a bit boom/bust imo.

We could not be quite ready... but I definitely think Joe Burrow will come out and lead well. Trust that guy to the hilt. 

I actually think the Ravens for the division is ideal. They don't score points, so we should be in this game even if we struggle to get back into playing football. Gives us more time to get back into it.

If we beat the Ravens this Sunday to win the division... thats an enormous emotional win for the team. I'm glad that's the game we have as it could be the catalyst to get us right back on track.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:00 PM)R3stangs Wrote: uh..no...we have to play the Ravens for it. 

If we had won vs the bills then yes.

Not playing the Bills game give the AFCN to the Bengals. Even if the Ravens win they're 11-6 and the Bengals are 11-5

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The more I think about it as a couple days pass, the more I think that it needs to be considered a Buffalo forfeit. It's a shitty situation, and it isn't really completely fair to Buffalo, but no other solution really seems to be particularly fair to about 4-5 other teams. It would also set the precedent for the future. This happened in the 1st quarter, but what happens if something similar happens in the 3rd quarter? 2nd quarter? What if it happens with something less life threatening but still serious and scary like the Shazier injury, and the team then has the option to just not play the game and not take an L.

This belief is reinforced even more so if the Bills forfeit this weekend as well.

Either way, I agree with the people in this thread that said a decision has to be finalized before this weekend starts.

Actually, if everyone, all of sudden, is acting with class, and care, and empathy, then Buffalo need to take the loss and forfeit! It's all good now until you have to go to Buffalo in the deep snow on the road because they did not forfeit! Not fair, but whatever they got to do to make this playoff harder! 
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:19 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: It looks like the NFL is floating ideas out there to see reactions. I don’t think they have a clue what to do.

Right. They are floating ideas and sitting back to see what kind of pushback they get on social media. Latest I heard on the way home is this. They add an 8th team to the playoffs so nobody gets a bye. And guess who that lets in???? (Hint: reminds you of piss when your dehydrated)
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:10 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Bengals 7 game winning streak is SNAPPED. In result we receive the AFCN with a * next to it, lose control for the 2nd seed and f*ck us. Because yeah, why not.

Winning streak isn't snapped if the game is wiped from the records. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:01 PM)Destro Wrote: Who....is...she?! Cool

I bet she doesn't have much trouble getting inside info.    Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:10 PM)Science Friction Wrote: So when does Goodell send us to Pittsburgh for a wildcard game?

Just a matter of time...had one of his darlings been a part of this game there would have been a forfeit involved at some point!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Looks like the NFL is not going to resume the Bills-Bengals game, per Sara Elyse.

As upsetting as it is, at least the NFL seems ready to let the teams know before the weekend. I give them props for that.

But if it is indeed the case that the Bills-Bengals game will not be resumed, then if i were the Bengals I would play the starters only one half, so they can be sharp for the playoffs. The starters only played 7 snaps on Monday and the defense only 12. Just get a lead and then rely on the reserves to try and preserve the lead.  I cannot imagine the Ravens will play their starters. They have zero incentive to do anything other than rest their starters.
Reply/Quote
Buffalo forfeit is the most logical solution

It only adversely affects 1 team instead of all these other wild scenarios that potentially affect every team in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not playing the Bills game give the AFCN to the Bengals. Even if the Ravens win they're 11-6 and the Bengals are 11-5

I weirdly am not sure if I'd prefer us to have to play for the division or not. On grounds of 'fairness' I think the Ravens should have a shot. But I also think going into the playoffs with us just resting starters and playing a nothing game after this week, might not be the best thing.

Having to play the Ravens for the Division might be the kickstart we could use. Obviously not a good plan if we then lose that game!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not playing the Bills game give the AFCN to the Bengals. Even if the Ravens win they're 11-6 and the Bengals are 11-5

If the Bengals have indeed now clinched the division because of a no contest, it completely invalidates the Ravens game as the Bengals can't get the #1 seed even with a W and a KC loss as 13-4 beats 12-4, and they can't un-clinch the division with a L. So are we going to be looking at a backup game this weekend? I keep going back to the fact that a Bills forfeit makes everything less janky.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:32 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I weirdly am not sure if I'd prefer us to have to play for the division or not. On grounds of 'fairness' I think the Ravens should have a shot. But I also think going into the playoffs with us just resting starters and playing a nothing game after this week, might not be the best thing.

Having to play the Ravens for the Division might be the kickstart we could use. Obviously not a good plan if we then lose that game!

I'd rather they didn't rest from the beginning. They came out Monday rolling, off a 7 game winning streak. I'd rather they stay in rythm and if they can get a good lead at the end of 3, then start sitting guys. 

Monday night game was almost like a bye, as short as the game was. 

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:18 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think we all knew this was going to be the path. The longer they wait, the more likely this seems.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/04/momentum-builds-for-cancelation-of-bills-bengals-game/

***** bullshit. Completely screws us out of the 2 seed.
1 seed if KC loses & we win out. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:21 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: "For entertainment purposes only"  Just sayin'.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-nfl-fans-left-stunned-as-evidence-backed-tweets-suggests-league-is-rigged   Ninja

I was thinking of that "entertainment" title earlier today. I'm glad someone brought it up.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd rather they didn't rest from the beginning. They came out Monday rolling, off a 7 game winning streak. I'd rather they stay in rythm and if they can get a good lead at the end of 3, then start sitting guys. 

Monday night game was almost like a bye, as short as the game was. 

Oh yeah, we have to play starters for some of the time even if this game is irrelevant. I just wonder how useful a 2-3 quarters of meaningless football will be for playoff prep. Guess we;ll just have to try and get the guys to treat it like a proper game as much as possible, but that's tough to replicate.
Reply/Quote
Yup, Bills forfeit is what should happen. I will keep repeating it.................fixes everything immediately with the least overall impact of any other option.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If the Bengals have indeed now clinched the division because of a no contest, it completely invalidates the Ravens game as the Bengals can't get the #1 seed even with a W and a KC loss as 13-4 beats 12-4, and they can't un-clinch the division with a L. So are we going to be looking at a backup game this weekend? I keep going back to the fact that a Bills forfeit makes everything less janky.

A forfeit would allow things to go along as it was before the injury and still leaves them with a shot at the #1 seed but i don't see them even considering volunteering one. 

Therefore...they're no longer my friend. 

I don't see them playing backups from the strart though, since a Bills loss this weekend and a Bengals win would give Cincy the #2 seed.

Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Play the AFC Championship game in Indy if it involves the Chiefs, Bengals, or Bills. Split the tickets between teams. If they announce it before Sunday the Bengals can sit starters and it's almost as good as getting the #1 seed.

The ignore feature is useful for people who can't stop posting politics.
Reply/Quote