Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game
(01-05-2023, 04:58 PM)ChaseThis Wrote: In lighter news.. if the Bills game is canceled, we won the division yes?

No, Goodell will probably announce that the Steelers and Ravens will flip a weighted coin( 80-20 in favor of Pitt) for the division title.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Looks like the NFL is not going to resume the Bills-Bengals game, per Sara Elyse.

Who....is...she?! Cool
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:00 PM)R3stangs Wrote: uh..no...we have to play the Ravens for it. 

If we had won vs the bills then yes.

This isn't true.  If the Bills/Bengals becomes a no contest, then the Bengals win the division based on better winning %
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:00 PM)R3stangs Wrote: uh..no...we have to play the Ravens for it. 

uh... yeh.... Winning % is accounted for. But thanks for trying to be a dick!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yes, please take the political crap out of this forum.

TOTALLY AGREE.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:01 PM)Destro Wrote: Who....is...she?! Cool

Works for WLW, covers Cincy sports, and is a Miami grad.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The more I think about it as a couple days pass, the more I think that it needs to be considered a Buffalo forfeit. It's a shitty situation, and it isn't really completely fair to Buffalo, but no other solution really seems to be particularly fair to about 4-5 other teams. It would also set the precedent for the future. This happened in the 1st quarter, but what happens if something similar happens in the 3rd quarter? 2nd quarter? What if it happens with something less life threatening but still serious and scary like the Shazier injury, and the team then has the option to just not play the game and not take an L.

This belief is reinforced even more so if the Bills forfeit this weekend as well.

Either way, I agree with the people in this thread that said a decision has to be finalized before this weekend starts.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:21 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Dude, did you hurt yourself making such a ballistic, but failed leap of logic?
If YOU can look at all the "strange" or "critical" calls (or non-calls) that consistently seem to favor certain teams and say... "yep, perfectly normal," then good for you.  I WISH I could be so blissfully unaware.

That's very easily explained by human nature. Referees are human and it's not impossible for them to subconsciously give the better teams the benefit of the doubt on close calls.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Bengals 7 game winning streak is SNAPPED. In result we receive the AFCN with a * next to it, lose control for the 2nd seed and f*ck us. Because yeah, why not.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
So when does Goodell send us to Pittsburgh for a wildcard game?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote

It depends on how they determine seeding.

If going off winning percentage, Bengals win the division guaranteed, regardless of Sunday's outcome vs the Ravens.
Bengals worst record is 11-5, which is 68.75% win percentage.
Ravens best record is 11-6, which is 64.71% win percentage.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:01 PM)Tomkat Wrote: This isn't true.  If the Bills/Bengals becomes a no contest, then the Bengals win the division based on better winning %

Fair enough. Wasn't aware of that part of it.

(01-05-2023, 05:03 PM)ChaseThis Wrote: uh... yeh.... Winning % is accounted for. But thanks for trying to be a dick!

Really? For trying to answer a question? Remembering why I limit time on these boards.... I should thank you though now I get to use the ignore feature!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The more I think about it as a couple days pass, the more I think that it needs to be considered a Buffalo forfeit. It's a shitty situation, and it isn't really completely fair to Buffalo, but no other solution really seems to be particularly fair to about 4-5 other teams. It would also set the precedent for the future. This happened in the 1st quarter, but what happens if something similar happens in the 3rd quarter? 2nd quarter? What if it happens with something less life threatening but still serious and scary like the Shazier injury, and the team then has the option to just not play the game and not take an L.

This belief is reinforced even more so if the Bills forfeit this weekend as well.

Either way, I agree with the people in this thread that said a decision has to be finalized before this weekend starts.

I think the fact this happened so early in the game is another part which makes this difficult for the League to make a choice. Had it been in the 3rd or whatever... the further we go through the game, the easier it may be to just call it. That's obviously situational in itself, but if the Bengals are 4 points up and driving with 9 minutes to go instead, it's logically more straightforward to call it a W imo.

(01-05-2023, 05:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's very easily explained by human nature. Referees are human and it's not impossible for them to subconsciously give the better teams the benefit of the doubt on close calls.

This is the right answer imo. I certainly believe it way more than the idea the League itself has the refs going and winning games for teams.
Reply/Quote
I'm just ready for them to decide so we can start talking about Bengals football again lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:13 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm just ready for them to decide so we can start talking about Bengals football again lol.

I've been talking football. Just not happy about what I'm talking about. lol
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
To find the positives now we’ve been robbed:

This puts another chip on Burrow’s shoulder he was well on his way to an MVP level performance on Monday now it’s more than likely going to Kermit.

We’ve already beat the Chiefs and I won’t be told otherwise we were going to beat the big bad Bills the way we were playing.

The atmosphere sounded electric bring the same energy in the wildcard and whoever we face will shit themselves.

If it is void we have won the north and depending on what happens with the pats bills game on Sunday we can rest our boys after a few series.

We still have a championship to win people say this will motivate the Bills nah it’s gonna motivate us more because we now know we are without doubt the best team in the AFC.

Now let’s go out there and show the world that we can’t be stopped no matter what they throw at us.
Reply/Quote
It looks like the NFL is floating ideas out there to see reactions. I don’t think they have a clue what to do.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It depends on how they determine seeding.

If going off winning percentage, Bengals win the division guaranteed, regardless of Sunday's outcome vs the Ravens.
Bengals worst record is 11-5, which is 68.75% win percentage.
Ravens best record is 11-6, which is 64.71% win percentage.

yep, my mistake. I was only thinking on the winning percentage in terms of the conference not the division.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:18 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: To find the positives now we’ve been robbed:

you forgot mini bye due to the bills game ending halfway thru the 1st quarter
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:32 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: So you think the NFL has been in contact with the refs who are doing the KC game and asked them to influence the game towards a KC win? You REALLY believe that?

"For entertainment purposes only"  Just sayin'.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-nfl-fans-left-stunned-as-evidence-backed-tweets-suggests-league-is-rigged   Ninja
Reply/Quote