Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game
(01-05-2023, 02:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: There are no good solutions here and the NFL dithering for three days has made it much worse.

Heck, why not No Contest the game then randomly select one game for every other AFC team and NC them as well (you would ignore who played just see if the random choice was a W or L and adjust appropriately)? It would put everyone at 16 games and then you recalculate everything. I'm not recommending this but in fairness terms it is as fair as you can get.

Not that I want to actually see it, but what about doing it this way: every team (minus Bills and Bengals) gets to pick a game that had a major injury to one of its players (said player had to have not finished the game and not played for at least 1 game afterwards). As long as the game isn't against the Bengals or the Bills (sorry Dolphins), they get to request that game be removed from the schedule. Then going in order of the waiver wire as of this week, you remove that game from both teams schedule as no-contest. Go down the wire bypassing teams who've already had games removed until every team has had 1 game removed from the schedule. Then let the chips fall where they may. 

Again, I don't want to see that happening AT ALL - and I mean NO OTHER TEAM GETS TO REMOVE A GAME FROM THEIR SCHEDULE - but I like to get creative from time to time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 02:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No it wouldn't.

If KC loses, they are 13-4 (.7647).
Bengals, at best, would be 12-4 (.7500).

So there would be no way Bengals could get higher than 2 seed.

They would if they give Cincy the win over Buffalo as they should since the score dictated that. I know there was over 50 minutes left to play but you can only work with what you've got. We were in the lead and as I said earlier this decision would have the least amount of ripple affect throughout the league.

Especially since we were going to win anyway.  Wink  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:03 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: No offense, but that’s not “all that matters”. As a STH, it matters how many home playoff games we get. For the team, potentially having to go to both Buffalo and Kansas City in the playoffs isn’t a fair outcome. Under that scenario, we would be punished unfairly for what happened Monday night. Championship windows don’t stay open forever, simply shrugging and saying these things are no biggie is crazy.

Does it make the road more difficult? Yes, but can this team beat the top seeds away? They beat the chiefs and haven’t played the bills, but it looked like they were on the way to beating them Monday night.

This team can beat every team in the conference home or away. Won’t bother the players, won’t bother me one bit if they sit starters because of Monday then go on the road. They gotta play us and beat us. Not going to be easy when Burrow is your QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:57 PM)cinci4life Wrote: It would if they do resume the Bills/Bengals game.

Yes but that's not what was being discussed.
I was specifically talking about if the Bills-Bengals game was voided and there was no declared winner, loser, or tie.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:10 PM)Mer Wrote: They would if they give Cincy the win over Buffalo as they should since the score dictated that. I know there was over 50 minutes left to play but you can work with what you've got. We were in the lead and as I said earlier this decision would have the least amount of ripple affect throughout the league.

Especially since we were going to win anyway.  Wink  

But that's not what I was talking about. Not sure why you decided to change the narrative when you quoted me.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
So I read that Adam Schefter said the game will be cancelled and the AFC championship game may be played at a neutral site…

(Which would be funny if it somehow ended up being the Chargers vs the Dolphins)
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But that's not what I was talking about. Not sure why you decided to change the narrative when you quoted me.

Sorry. I'm just having a hard time not thinking we're going to get screwed by any other decision than a Buffalo forfeit. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:20 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: So I read that Adam Schefter said the game will be cancelled and the AFC championship game may be played at a neutral site…

(Which would be funny if it somehow ended up being the Chargers vs the Dolphins)

Well in the article, the AFC championship game would only be at a neutral site if one of the three impacted Bengals, Bills and Chiefs are in the game.. I actually think that is a fair compromise
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:52 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Or, alternatively, you are wearing a tin foil hat thinking we are all controlled by invisible lizard aliens inhabiting our bodies, vaccines make spoons stick to you and kill thousands, 9/11 was an inside job, the moon landing was fake, the Earth is flat, and Hillary Clinton was running a cannibalistic, underage sex-trafficking racket out of the basement of a pizza shop, and, oh yeah, Trump won. 

If you don't think refs influence the game to go one way or the other, watch the KC game this Saturday. Every questionable call is going to go for KC because the last thing the NFL wants now is KC to lose, because if they do the winner of Monday night's game would then be the 1 seed and both Buffalo and Cincinnati will want it. 

BTW it doesn't take the whole crew to influence the game. You really only need 1 or 2 key refs. It happened in the NBA not too long ago. WTS I'm not making the presumption that all games are that way.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:28 PM)Mer Wrote: If you don't think refs influence the game to go one way or the other, watch the KC game this Saturday. Every questionable call is going to go for KC because the last thing the NFL wants now is KC to lose, because if they do the winner of Monday night's game would then be the 1 seed and both Buffalo and Cincinnati will want it. 

BTW it doesn't take the whole crew to influence the game. You really only need 1 or 2 key refs. It happened in the NBA not too long ago. WTS I'm not making the presumption that all games are that way.

So you think the NFL has been in contact with the refs who are doing the KC game and asked them to influence the game towards a KC win? You REALLY believe that?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:32 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: So you think the NFL has been in contact with the refs who are doing the KC game and asked them to influence the game towards a KC win? You REALLY believe that?

If it keeps them out of a bigger seeding mess? Yes, I believe it is possible. 

Do you really believe a guy hiding in his basement with serious symptoms of dementia got 80 million votes? Anything can be done if you know the right the people.
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter what reality is, when someone wants to see a conspiracy, they will see a conspiracy. The "wake up" attitude from these geniuses is the funniest part. 

[Image: 360_F_293651706_yWPUuo6vbVXYIRaS6GDsGj5GIJOc0RYo.jpg]
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Ryan Schulteis
@RyanSchulteis

#BREAKING: NEW YORK (AP) — AP sources: NFL won't resume Bills-Bengals game suspended Monday night after Damar Hamlin went into cardiac arrest.
2:32pm · 5 Jan 2023
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:01 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: How exactly does that work? Are only the Refs in on it? This isn't their full time job so they are going to take a chance exposing themselves to corruption charges to influence outcomes meanwhile every ref ever employed by the NFL has managed to keep this fact hush hush? There's no logic in this.

I am sure the NFL communicates to the refs who their "darlings" are and its pretty well known by everyone. 

For example, if the Packers and Jags are playing each other, Packers down by 3, and the Packers are driving to win the game in the 4th quarter, its 4th and 5 and the Packers fail to pick it up - a ref could throw a flag on a subjective PI call that he most likely wouldn't have thrown otherwise. Stuff like that. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:20 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: So I read that Adam Schefter said the game will be cancelled and the AFC championship game may be played at a neutral site…

AFC Champ game should only be at a neut site if it's between any of the Bills, Bengals, or Chiefs. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:37 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: OH FFS!  I bet it was the pedo-Matt Gatez who's still looking for his pardon for giving minor females drugs and sleeping with them across state lines. 

Wow! Do you just believe everything the news tells you? Or do you follow up on the real news to find out that was all false?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:37 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: OH FFS!  I bet it was the pedo-Matt Gatez who's still looking for his pardon for giving minor females drugs and sleeping with them across state lines. 

Gaetz and Goodell have the two most punchable faces in America. I would spend a month in the pokey for a chance to punch either one. (three months for chance at both)
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Hey there fellow forum members. Just a reminder that there is an entire sub forum here for politics and religion talk. I avoid it like the plague myself but for you all that want to talk about such things perhaps you should take it over there. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Yes, please take the political crap out of this forum.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:20 PM)Mer Wrote: Sorry. I'm just having a hard time not thinking we're going to get screwed by any other decision than a Buffalo forfeit. 

Depends on how you look at it.

If the Bengals-Bills game is not played and thus not counted in the standings, it means the Bengals automatically win the AFC North.
There is no way the Ravens can win the AFC North at that point, as the Bengals would be guaranteed a higher win percentage.

On the flip side, if the Bengals lost to both Bills and Ravens, they are then in the wildcard.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote