Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game
No going to lie. I'm going to loose a little respect for the bills if we get screwed over here. they are talking about being 'selfless' in the moment. bengals did the same and were up.

starting to get a sick feeling about the spin thats being put on the whole thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 05:44 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: 2 seed is still at play.

If they announce neutral divisional and championship, then sit them.

Good point.  Instead it should be that any game whose location might have been impacted by that game outcome moves to a neutral site.  This gives everyone a reason to play this weekend.
Reply/Quote
They saw what we saw from those opening drives... Would you want to resume? They hoping for KC in the AFC conference championship now... They ain't slick. They want no part of Burrow, and I don't blame them.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:18 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: No going to lie.  I'm going to loose a little respect for the bills if we get screwed over here.  they are talking about being 'selfless' in the moment.  bengals did the same and were up.  

starting to get a sick feeling about the spin thats being put on the whole thing.
What spin and where is it coming from
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 04:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well in the article, the AFC championship game would only be at a neutral site if one of the three impacted Bengals, Bills and Chiefs are in the game.. I actually think that is a fair compromise

Thanks I missed that

Yes that does make sense and I think everyone knows that it would be a shock if at least one of those teams was not in the AFC championship game.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:41 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Thanks I missed that

Yes that does make sense and I think everyone knows that it would be a shock if at least one of those teams was not in the AFC championship game.

I would probably have to be 2 of the 3 right? Because if it’s one of thise teams and Jacksonville then jacksonville would travel to one of the three teams because they were never going to get home field
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I would probably have to be 2 of the 3 right? Because if it’s one of thise teams and Jacksonville then jacksonville would travel to one of the three teams because they were never going to get home field

Yep, in a sane world you would think so. In Goodell's world, who knows?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Call me insensitive but do you think NFL will favor the Bills going forward to make a story out of it? If we meet them in the playoff will the refs be against us? Right now the Bills is taking advantage of the situation from both the public and NFL and their fans know it, just check their comments. I'm trusting coaches and our players, they were so close to the trophy and will fire up again in the playoff. At least we have lucky Joe bringing spirit and luck to our team.
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine the league would allow a team to forfeit. Especially now when it impacts standings.

Someone had posted the clip from Vic Carruci in this thread, where there was discussion about the game being forfeited, but the post didn't last long. It seems to have been deleted. But I would have a hard time believing the league would accept a forfeit.

I just wish the league would not be so totally silent. Wild speculation is running rampant and not a peep from the commissioner. This is a bizarre way to run a billion-dollar organization.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 08:01 PM)mitano Wrote: Call me insensitive but do you think NFL will favor the Bills going forward to make a story out of it? If we meet them in the playoff will the refs be against us? Right now the Bills is taking advantage of the situation from both the public and NFL and their fans know it, just check their comments. I'm trusting coaches and our players, they were so close to the trophy and will fire up again in the playoff. At least we have lucky Joe bringing spirit and luck to our team.

I thought this was a silly angle at first but I just had a buddy text me that he hopes the Bills win it all because of this. Wouldn't want any part of the Chargers or any team involved with L.A. The NFL has graced them unjustifiably way too many times. 

It's stupid. Bengals started out 0-2 and 2-3 (right?) and sucked for the last 30 years then became a household name. People should be pulling for the Bengals. 

I'm glad Damar is OK but seriously, f*ck the Bills. They were not going to be the better team. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 08:05 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I thought this was a silly angle at first but I just had a buddy text me that he hopes the Bills win it all because of this. Wouldn't want any part of the Chargers or any team involved with L.A. The NFL has graced them unjustifiably way too many times. 

It's stupid. Bengals started out 0-2 and 2-3 (right?) and sucked for the last 30 years then became a household name. People should be pulling for the Bengals. 

I'm glad Damar is OK but seriously, f*ck the Bills. They were not going to be the better team. 

This is me. F*CK THE BILLS!!!!  The league, it seems, gave the option to resume the game and the Bills said they didn't want to play. They should be given a forfeit loss.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Seems to me that if they are carefully choosing their words, "will not be resumed," means the Bengals won 7-3, and they'll let people come to that conclusion slowly.
Reply/Quote
Comp committee voting on how to proceed with seeding now.
Reply/Quote
I feel like this forum turned into Chiefs Planet over night.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I would probably have to be 2 of the 3 right? Because if it’s one of thise teams and Jacksonville then jacksonville would travel to one of the three teams because they were never going to get home field

Yes
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:18 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: No going to lie.  I'm going to loose a little respect for the bills if we get screwed over here.  they are talking about being 'selfless' in the moment.  bengals did the same and were up.  

The more I listen to the National pundits the more I think Cincy is going to be the one getting screwed but Buffalo is going to get the sympathy vote.

The report is Damar's first note asking "Did we win the game". I hope someone told him "No, but we lucked into a tie in a game we get owned in"

But that's not what will happen It'll be a "Did we win" mantra throughout the rest of the season. I just hope someone in the Bengals lockerroom is letting them know , we got the shaft
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 08:09 PM)Science Friction Wrote: This is me. F*CK THE BILLS!!!!  The league, it seems, gave the option to resume the game and the Bills said they didn't want to play. They should be given a forfeit loss.

Preach. Thanks for having the balls to say what many of us are truly feeling but still trying to be polite lol
Reply/Quote
I have the solution. Apologies if anyone has already posted this idea, but I think this makes sense.

Step 1 Buffalo forfeits.

Everything else remains the same with the following exception:

If they did this it would set up a probable 2nd round Bill's at Bengals match-up.  If that happens you move the game to a neutral site.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 08:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The more I listen to the National pundits the more I think Cincy is going to be the one getting screwed but Buffalo is going to get the sympathy vote.

The absolute class of the Bengals organizations players, coaches, and fans shown brightly under the trying circumstances. Honestly, being used to East Coast fans, I was just hoping the fans wouldn't boo when the teams walked off the field. I actually expected it, being used to tough crowds in New York and Philly. I guess I underestimated the goodness of the Bengals fans. I was moved to see them showing respect, and caring, and cheering the Buffalo players. 

Buffalo may get the sympathy vote. Lord knows that franchise and city has been through very tough times. But I think the NFL world gained greater respect for the Bengals fans and team and organization. They were first class. 

If people want to root for Buffalo because of this MNF game, then so be it. But I am proud to be a Bengals fan. And I've seen many wonderful stories in the national news about how wonderful the coach, the coach's wife, and Burrow, and other Bengals have been, and the city as well. If Cincinnati keeps the high road, and ever indication is it will because the city and team are first class, then they will also gain admiration.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:02 PM)BengalBob Wrote: I have the solution. Apologies if anyone has already posted this idea, but I think this makes sense.

Step 1 Buffalo forfeits.

Everything else remains the same with the following exception:

If they did this it would set up a probable 2nd round Bill's at Bengals match-up.  If that happens you move the game to a neutral site.

Buffalo forfeits and everything stays the same.  We were winning that game Monday.  We could have pushed the issue and forced the Bills to play or forfeit, we do not need to be punished for our kindness.

Reply/Quote