Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Eifert concern?
(06-16-2018, 09:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I have a Teeter Hang-Up, inversion table.  I really wish I could tell you that it works wonders, but the results generally last for less than one minute.  As soon as I take a few steps, gravity pushes everything back where it wants to go..

Does that to me to unless I use it everyday. Then after a week or two back feels wonderful again. So wonderful I get doing other things and get away from using it. Then, about 3-4 weeks later, back in pain.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 09:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I have a Teeter Hang-Up, inversion table.  I really wish I could tell you that it works wonders, but the results generally last for less than one minute.  As soon as I take a few steps, gravity pushes everything back where it wants to go..

Yeah Harley....gotta agree with Sunset. I have tried an in-laws inversion table....it felt great for a few minutes. What I do is toe touches every morning in the shower. I can feel the spine pop and loosen up. I also do leg over stretches every morning in the bed and try to stand and move around as much as possible at work. I don't do any pain meds of any kind....and never abused them. I figure I may need them to work later on down the road. Between the wrecks and doing dumb stuff like packing kegs to cars when I worked in a liquor store in college, instead of using the dolly, I've really messed myaelf up. I even moved a vertabrae a 1/4 inch out of place loading feed sacks on the family farm in my 20s....ouch!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 11:25 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Does that to me to unless I use it everyday. Then after a week or two back feels wonderful again. So wonderful I get doing other things and get away from using it. Then, about 3-4 weeks later, back in pain.

Just saw this....so if you use it daily, the results are longer?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
IMO, you just have to proceed as if you won't ever have him and when he is there, it's a bonus.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 02:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just saw this....so if you use it daily, the results are longer?

Yes. It's not a 1 time deal. I asked my Chiropractor about inversion table before I bought one. He let me know in fact that they are good for the back and do help the discs rejuvenate, but you have to use it everyday. I would do a few days and then quite. I have to admit, they are very boring, hanging upside down, staring at the floor for 15 minutes. That's the hardest part is the boredom. Although, there are times when inverted, I will twist and get the best sensational pops in my back when I haven't used in awhile.

Also, Dont try sex inverted. All I'm saying on that matter. 

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 02:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes. It's not a 1 time deal. I asked my Chiropractor about inversion table before I bought one. He let me know in fact that they are good for the back and do help the discs rejuvenate, but you have to use it everyday. I would do a few days and then quite. I have to admit, they are very boring, hanging upside down, staring at the floor for 15 minutes. That's the hardest part is the boredom. Although, there are times when inverted, I will twist and get the best sensational pops in my back when I haven't used in awhile.

Also, Dont try sex inverted. All I'm saying on that matter. 

Yeah, that just seems like asking for an aneurysm..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 04:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, that just seems like asking for an aneurysm..

Gravity!

Reply/Quote
What do you guys think about chiropractors? I've spent several weeks with them a few times and never feel better. In fact I usually come out feeling worse. Of course I think my real issue is muscle and tendon related, not spinal. Even though the chiro did say I have an arrow straight neck and some impingements.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 07:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What do you guys think about chiropractors? I've spent several weeks with them a few times and never feel better. In fact I usually come out feeling worse. Of course I think my real issue is muscle and tendon related, not spinal. Even though the chiro did say I have an arrow straight neck and some impingements.

I'm probably not the best example to answer, but here goes.  Some people that I know just absolutely swear by them.  Personally, I had a negative outcome, after my visit to a chiropractor.

When I went to see a chiro, I was ignorant of the fact that I actually already had a herniated disc.  The adjustments did provide some relief, but I went about my business, thinking all was well.  When the second disc went, I was screwed, MRI showed that I had not one, but two herniated discs.  Family Dr. advised me to never go to chiro again.

Additionally, at least two physical therapists explained to me that when a chiro makes adjustments, certain body chemicals are released, giving the temporary relief.  That is how chiro is a never ending process...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 08:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm probably not the best example to answer, but here goes.  Some people that I know just absolutely swear by them.  Personally, I had a negative outcome, after my visit to a chiropractor.

When I went to see a chiro, I was ignorant of the fact that I actually already had a herniated disc.  The adjustments did provide some relief, but I went about my business, thinking all was well.  When the second disc went, I was screwed, MRI showed that I had not one, but two herniated discs.  Family Dr. advised me to never go to chiro again.

Additionally, at least two physical therapists explained to me that when a chiro makes adjustments, certain body chemicals are released, giving the temporary relief.  That is how chiro is a never ending process...

Funny you say these things. I went 8 weeks before he actually addressed what was killing me. Seriously, I was almost hunchback in pain. Then, I was feeling good. I cancelled further appointments. But, that was not the Chiro I went to that told me the advice. This dude was young and fixed me right away. Guess he hadn't learned how to milk the profession yet? He also taught me a neet belt trick that has worked many times. This guy was pretty good.

In general, I think they do keep you coming back. But, there is a relief if they do it the first time.

Edit: Shit, this thread is about Eifert and his Virginia! Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 09:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Funny you say these things. I went 8 weeks before he actually addressed what was killing me. Seriously, I was almost hunchback in pain. Then, I was feeling good. I cancelled further appointments. But, that was not the Chiro I went to that told me the advice. This dude was young and fixed me right away. Guess he hadn't learned how to milk the profession yet? He also taught me a neet belt trick that has worked many times. This guy was pretty good.

In general, I think they do keep you coming back. But, there is a relief if they do it the first time.

Edit: Shit, this thread is about Eifert and his Virginia! Hilarious

Meh, we already know the story on Tyler Eifert.  We just got the news about 3 months ahead of schedule this time..   LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 04:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, that just seems like asking for an aneurysm..

Isn't that what makes it so hot?
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 09:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, we already know the story on Tyler Eifert.  We just got the news about 3 months ahead of schedule this time..   LOL

Tyler Eifert coming into this thread:

[Image: table_flip_animation_by_little_kiba_chan-d4nlv0a.gif]

Many of Us?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5516122]

Eifert:

[Image: 4d95ebe60faf5453507f506bac1d0436.gif]

Many of Us:

[Image: image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F02%2F26%2F6362...2550056151]

Eifert:

[Image: gwyneth-vagina.gif]

Many of us?

[Image: image?u=%2FQJpMThk.gif&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fi...4247276270]

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 08:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm probably not the best example to answer, but here goes.  Some people that I know just absolutely swear by them.  Personally, I had a negative outcome, after my visit to a chiropractor.

Kinda what I suspected. My Mother in law swears by this guy, but I've always been skeptical on subloxation and chiropractors in general. I'm sure they provide temporary relief to many, but I'm not expecting any long term benefit.

I don't think a slipped disk is my problem (thankfully), but I guess I had a similar experience last week. I was experiencing new pains in the middle of my back, so I had to have him stop with the part where he was having me twist while popping my back. Pretty sure it was just messing with the muscles back there. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I've been extraordinarily lucky with back issues thus far in my life.. Instead I've got leg and hip problems most likely associated with my back ,but the pain is lower with sciatica and stenosis.. Gee, I'm really looking forward to it creeping up into my spine. My dad has severe stenosis and there is some evidence that it's associated with hereditary issues.  I wish I had a dime for every time I slipped and fell on greasy surfaces especially in the back of pickup trucks . How I avoided becoming completely screwed up permanently is one of my lifes great mysteries..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 07:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What do you guys think about chiropractors? I've spent several weeks with them a few times and never feel better. In fact I usually come out feeling worse. Of course I think my real issue is muscle and tendon related, not spinal. Even though the chiro did say I have an arrow straight neck and some impingements.

I first went to a chiropractor over 30 years ago for multiple reasons - car accident damage, bad golf swing, and the downside effects of playing drums for many years. I now go once a month for "maintenance', and couple this with an hour-long therapeutic massage every other week. Honestly don't know how bad off I'd be without this. I still have good flexibility, especially for my age though arthritis is creeping in. My secret is to keep moving, as very little hurts then. It's when I laze around that I need relief. 

Getting the right chiropractor is key. My guy is a low impact type, concentrating on nerve damage repair technique. Diagnostic experience is most important, so I avoid the younger practitioners.  Also mine is married to an MD, which expands his insight in a good way. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did anyone really think that Eifert was going to just come back, all healed and strong like he'd never been injured?  C'mon, did you really think that?  I've said this before, but I'll say it again.  Once you've had spinal issues, you're never "the same" again.  - From a guy that had to stop playing adult football, due to a back injury.

Im hoping the Bengals had enough sense to include some contract language with him that allows an easy out. I feel bad for the guy, hes a great talent but hes already really damaged goods and if he wants  to live a decent rest of his life, he needs to hang em up. Im good with Kroft, hes a steady reliable TE and we have others like Uzoma that can contribute as well. I still want to see what Schrek can do too. 
Reply/Quote
Caught an interview with Lap on Sirius yesterday, and when asked about Eifert he mentioned that Tyler had more money on the table elsewhere, but took the Bengals highly incentivized offer as he felt he owed it to the organization for staying loyal to him through this whole thing.

It sounds like he really makes nothing without being on the field AND being effective, so I hope he is not pushing himself to quickly to try to be out there.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 01:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Caught an interview with Lap on Sirius yesterday, and when asked about Eifert he mentioned that Tyler had more money on the table elsewhere, but took the Bengals highly incentivized offer as he felt he owed it to the organization for staying loyal to him through this whole thing.

It sounds like he really makes nothing without being on the field AND being effective, so I hope he is not pushing himself to quickly to try to be out there.

Contract details on sportrac showed he received a 3M signing bonus.  Couldn't find anything that said weather the team could collect that back, in the event of him not being able to play at all.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 12:04 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I first went to a chiropractor over 30 years ago for multiple reasons - car accident damage, bad golf swing, and the downside effects of playing drums for many years. I now go once a month for "maintenance', and couple this with an hour-long therapeutic massage every other week. Honestly don't know how bad off I'd be without this. I still have good flexibility, especially for my age though arthritis is creeping in. My secret is to keep moving, as very little hurts then. It's when I laze around that I need relief. 

Getting the right chiropractor is key. My guy is a low impact type, concentrating on nerve damage repair technique. Diagnostic experience is most important, so I avoid the younger practitioners.  Also mine is married to an MD, which expands his insight in a good way. 

I've always had good luck with chiropractors but what people need to keep in mind, as has been stated a couple times, what they do is temporary. A lot of spinal adjustment issues are muscle related. Your muscles tighten up and it pulls your back out of line. The chiro adjusts and you feel good for a bit. The best advice my chiro gave me was to stretch and then stretch some more. I do it every morning before and after i get out of bed and i stretch throughout the day. Most of my lower back issues were the result of my glutes tightening up all the time. When i stretch those out, the lower back issues go away. With my son it was his hamstrings. People don't understand that when those lower muscle groups tighten up, it pulls on other muscles which can give you back pain. As was mentioned before, my neck is also 'arrow straight' so i have to be careful about slouching  or leaning forward too much, causing stress on my back muscles. 

I haven't actually been in quite some time but i'm pretty close to going back about an issue i've been having right in the middle of my back, between my shoulder blades. I've been going to the gym for about 6 or 7 months and i've developed this mid-back issue about a month ago. Not sure if it has to do with something i've done lifting, or if the lifting and my attention to posture has caused it because i have a small curve in my spine (minor scoliosis) and

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote