Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Weak-Sauce From Germany
As if the forced acceptance of the influx of muslim immigrants hasn't been controversial enough , a person in Germany will now be prosecuted for speaking ill of any leaders of muslim countries. The law had existed, but this will be the first prosecution in recent memory.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/15/angela-merkel-agrees-prosecution-comedian-erdogan-poem

It does appear however,  that this may lead to the obscure law being changed.
(04-15-2016, 09:46 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: As if the forced acceptance of the influx of muslim immigrants, they will now be prosecuted for speaking I'll of any leaders of muslim countries. The law had existed, but this will be the first prosecution in recent memory.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/15/angela-merkel-agrees-prosecution-comedian-erdogan-poem

"...any country's..."

Quote:Under an obscure paragraph of Germany’s criminal code, prosecutions for insults against organs or representatives of foreign states requires both a notification from the offended party and an authorisation from the government.

Merkel confirmed reports that there had been disagreements on the Böhmermann affair between the foreign ministry, interior ministry, justice ministry and her own office.

[Image: 3940.jpg?w=460&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f...9eec56d180]
Obscure German law gives Angela Merkel a diplomatic headache

Read more
[/url]

The chancellor also announced that she considered the paragraph of the German legal code that had allowed the Turkish president to request the prosecution to be “unnecessary”, and that legal steps would be taken towards scrapping it.

Paragraph 103 of the German criminal code criminalises insults against organs or representatives of foreign states.

The chancellor expressed “grave concerns” about the prosecution of individual journalists in [url=http://www.theguardian.com/world/turkey]Turkey
, as well as growing limitations to the right to protest, but emphasised Germany’s close diplomatic ties with the country.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-15-2016, 09:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: "...any country's..."

Yeah...yeah.... who has been prosecuted lately for insulting a non-muslim country ?

And yes.... I posted this because I miss Lucie.
Tongue
I've been actually paying a good bit of attention to this (no surprise there) and it has been an interesting dance. I think this is the correct move, though. The law exists, and so in following the law you must move forward. However, working to scrap a law like this after something like this comes up is also important, especially for a country where their freedom of the press exceeds that of most other countries, including our own.
(04-15-2016, 09:54 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Yeah...yeah.... who has been prosecuted lately for insulting a non-muslim country ?

Tongue

We know....   ThumbsUp

Actually I almost started a thread to ask what happened to the "massive immigration problem" which seemed to stop when we lost the one guy posting about it.   Smirk
(04-15-2016, 09:54 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Yeah...yeah.... who has been prosecuted lately for insulting a non-muslim country ?

Tongue

The only thing I miss about Lucie is his gullibility when it comes to wagers and glorious sigs I get to have him wear. 
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(04-15-2016, 09:56 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've been actually paying a good bit of attention to this (no surprise there) and it has been an interesting dance. I think this is the correct move, though. The law exists, and so in following the law you must move forward. However, working to scrap a law like this after something like this comes up is also important, especially for a country where their freedom of the press exceeds that of most other countries, including our own.

Their freedom of press may exceed ours but their freedom of speech doesn't.  I'm not only talking about this particular incident either.
(04-15-2016, 11:38 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Their freedom of press may exceed ours but their freedom of speech doesn't.  I'm not only talking about this particular incident either.

Oh, I know. The fact that using the informal rather than formal you to a cop will get you fined says that much, but also many of their ordinances surrounding noise as well as the laws regarding WWII topics. It is very interesting, the lines that are drawn there.

Tongue

Did he take his ball and go home? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(04-15-2016, 03:10 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Did he take his ball and go home? 

Nah..... but it's not proper form for me to disclose what has made him "unavailable".
Tongue
(04-15-2016, 04:13 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Nah..... but it's not proper form for me to disclose what has made him "unavailable".
Tongue

I've been wondering about him, because it's been a while that he has been suspended.
(04-15-2016, 04:13 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Nah..... but it's not proper form for me to disclose what has made him "unavailable".
Tongue

Same here. I have tried to find out what happened by reading threads, but gave up.
(04-15-2016, 04:26 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: Same here. I have tried to find out what happened by reading threads, but gave up.

Interesting to note that the infamous GA9 is listed as a member here, but was banned before he made a single post.

Same for a member named GiovanniPeck.

I am sure there are others.
(04-15-2016, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting to note that the infamous GA9 is listed as a member here, but was banned before he made a single post.

Just out of curiosity, and maybe naivety, what does one around here have to do to become banned before even making one single post? 

I should probably go read the rules to this place before I decide to make it my home.  LOL!!!!  Hilarious  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(04-15-2016, 04:51 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Just out of curiosity, and maybe naivety, what does one around here have to do to become banned before even making one single post? 

GA9 has a history with the crowd around here.  He was banned from the old board.

As for others it might be multiple identities tracked to the same person.  But that is just a guess on my part.
(04-15-2016, 04:51 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Just out of curiosity, and maybe naivety, what does one around here have to do to become banned before even making one single post? 
Make a username like AllModsRGhey 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-15-2016, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting to note that the infamous GA9 is listed as a member here, but was banned before he made a single post.

Yet further proof that Lucie, GA9, Woodley and TommyC are the same doosh.

If any was actually needed.
(04-15-2016, 10:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yet further proof that Lucie, GA9, Woodley and TommyC are the same doosh.

If any was actually needed.

Why would he need alts, when it's more than obvious that he has the bag to say damn near anything on his main account ?
(04-16-2016, 07:06 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Why would he need alts, when it's more than obvious that he has the bag to say damn near anything on his main account ?

Usually the ones who keep coming back under other names do it because they feel they were "wrongly" banned int he first place for saying the same things that got them banned again.

I don't know who is an alt around here.  Don't care either.  But if someone wants to fragrantly ignore the few rules we have they are going to get punished.  
(04-16-2016, 09:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: Usually the ones who keep coming back under other names do it because they feel they were "wrongly" banned int he first place for saying the same things that got them banned again.

I don't know who is an alt around here.  Don't care either.  But if someone wants to fragrantly ignore the few rules we have they are going to get punished.  

I don't have a problem with anyone being suspended for breaking the rules.
I was a forum mod for many years and understand guidelines are necessary for a healthy community.