Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
The Sheriffs of several rural Oregon counties have rejected calls from the governor to send their officers to assist in Portland.

https://www.wweek.com/news/courts/2020/08/31/suburban-sheriffs-refuse-governors-request-to-aid-in-policing-portland-protests/

The reason?

They refused to send officers into Portland, saying they would not police protests in a county that won't prosecute people who break the law.

"Had Gov. Brown discussed her plan with my office, I would have told her it's about changing policy, not adding resources," Roberts said in a statement. "Increasing law enforcement resources in Portland will not solve the nightly violence and, now, murder. The only way to make Portland safe again is to support a policy that holds offenders accountable for their destruction and violence."

Without naming anyone, Roberts left little question he was referring to a policy by new Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt to drop charges for all protest-related misdemeanors and the felony charge of rioting. That policy shift has deeply divided Oregon's law enforcement community.

The responses of the sheriffs also made clear that Brown has waded into a long-standing tension over whether Portland officials adequately defend police officers from legal jeopardy for using force. Last year, both the Washington and Clackamas county sheriff's departments refused to allow their officers to work in Portland for fear they would face lawsuits.

You elect "progressive" District Attorneys who refuse to do their job and your get "progressive" nightly violence. Nice to see the Sheriffs of these counties looking after the well being of their deputies.
Reply/Quote
Ah!  More help!  Ninja

https://www.mediamatters.org/black-lives-matter/after-kenosha-shootings-former-sheriff-david-clarke-advises-radio-listeners-how

Quote:After Kenosha shootings, former Sheriff David Clarke advises radio listeners on how to get away with killing protesters

Clarke tells his Wisconsin audience to “have a plan” to legally justify shootings and hypes vigilante violence: “You don’t need permission from the police”
WRITTEN BY MEDIA MATTERS STAFF
PUBLISHED 09/01/20 5:11 PM EDT

COMMENT

David Clarke: "I don't advocate for some of the stuff that's starting to happen, but I am certainly done -- I am through with condemning it."
AUGUST 26, 2020

Audio file
Audio Player

00:00

01:39

CitationFrom the August 26, 2020, edition of WISN's The Mark Belling Show

DAVID CLARKE (GUEST HOST): The question is when is government going to do something? Inaction is not a plan. You know what happens with inaction? People take the law into their own hands. Government is leaving them no choice. No choice. I don’t advocate for some of the stuff that’s starting to happen, but I am certainly done -- I am through with condemning it. I’m done with that.
I’m just telling people, “Hey, you’re on your own." Think about it, have a plan. Act reasonably. You have to act reasonably. Then you’re going to have to articulate what you did afterwards. But you can’t have government officials and law enforcement executives telling people, “Do not take the law into your own hands." Well, you’re forcing them to!

David Clarke: "When we leave this up to the individual, it's not going to end real pretty. But I don't blame them."
AUGUST 26, 2020

Audio file
Audio Player

00:00

00:33

CitationFrom the August 26, 2020, edition of WISN's The Mark Belling Show

DAVID CLARKE (GUEST HOST): The majority of these gun purchases are first-time gun owners. And when we leave this up to the individual, it’s not going to end real pretty. But I don’t blame them. Have a plan, think it through, be able to articulate it, and be reasonable. It’s all the law requires. You have the right to defend yourself, you don’t need permission from the police or a sheriff.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
More at the link.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/clarissajanlim/kyle-rittenhouse-shooting-charges-criminal-complaint

Quote:Authorities reviewed several cellphone recordings, including one that showed Rittenhouse running with a long gun, later identified as a Smith & Wesson AR-15-style .223 rifle with a magazine that held 30 rounds of ammunition. One of the shooting victims, Joseph Rosenbaum, followed Rittenhouse. A Daily Caller reporter, Richard McGinnis, followed behind.

"The video shows that as they cross the parking lot, Rosenbaum appears to throw an object at the defendant. The object does not hit the defendant and a second video shows, based on where the object landed, that it was a plastic bag. Rosenbaum appears to be unarmed for the duration of this video," according to the criminal complaint.

Investigators pointed to another video that captured the first shooting in which several loud gunshots are heard, and Rosenbaum was seen falling to the ground. A man, whom investigators identified as McGinnis, ran up to Rosenbaum, took his shirt off, and attempted to help him.

Rittenhouse was seen looking at Rosenbaum on the ground, then running away with a cellphone to his ear saying, "I just killed somebody." Investigators later spoke to Dominic Black, who was identified as the friend Rittenhouse had called, according to the complaint. Black said that Rittenhouse called him at around 11:46 p.m.

An autopsy conducted by the Milwaukee Medical Examiner’s Office found that Rosenbaum was shot in the back, the right groin, left hand, and left thigh. His lung and liver were perforated, and his pelvis fractured. He also sustained a graze gunshot wound on his right forehead.

Prior to the shooting, McGinnis had interviewed Rittenhouse on video, asking him what he was doing out there and acknowledging his firearm.

"People are getting injured and our job is to protect this business, and part of my job is also to help people," Rittenhouse says. "If there's somebody hurt, I'm running into harm's way. That's why my rifle, so I can protect myself, obviously. I also have my med kit."

When interviewed by a detective later, McGinnis said that Rittenhouse told him he was a trained medic. The reporter said he had experience with ARs and that the 17-year-old "was not handling the weapon very well." He also told the detective that an armed man who looked to be in his thirties walked south with them at one point, and the man said he was there to protect Rittenhouse.

It's unclear who the armed man is and where he was when Rosenbaum was shot. The complaint does not name him.

McGinnis told the detective that Rosenbaum was trying to grab Rittenhouse's gun, and Rittenhouse raised the weapon and shot Rosenbaum. McGinnis said he stayed to help Rosenbaum and heard gunshots soon after.

A third video from the night captured two other protesters, Anthony Huber and Gaige Grosskreutz, being shot.

The video shows Rittenhouse running along an open road with his rifle as bystanders follow him, shouting that he shot someone and trying to confront him.

Rittenhouse trips and falls, and while on the ground, a man "jumps at and over the defendant" and Rittenhouse appears to shoot at him, but misses.

Huber then approaches him with a skateboard, seemingly trying to wrestle the rifle away. According to the complaint, Rittenhouse, who was still on the ground, then fired at Huber, who staggered away and collapsed.

Huber later died from the gunshot wound, and an autopsy found that he was shot in the chest, and the bullet perforated his heart, aorta, pulmonary artery, and right lung.

After shooting Huber, the complaint says, Rittenhouse sat up and pointed his weapon at Grosskreutz.

"Grosskreutz freezes and ducks and takes a step back. Grosskreutz puts his hands in the air. Grosskreutz then moves towards the defendant who aims his gun at Grosskreutz and shoots him, firing 1 shot. Grosskreutz was shot in the right arm. Grosskreutz appears to be holding a handgun in his right hand when he was shot," the complaint says.

Rittenhouse then got up and continued walking, then turned to walk backward as he pointed his rifle at people on the road, according to the complaint.

Cellphone video shows him still armed, walking with his hands raised, toward police vehicles. The police drove past him.
Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth could not explain in a press conference Wednesday why police did not detain Rittenhouse then, saying officers have "incredible tunnel vision" in those situations because of the noise.

On Friday, Beth told reporters that there was nothing to suggest that Rittenhouse "was involved in any criminal behavior" even though he was armed and walking toward police with his hands up.
ADVERTISEMENT

"Someone walking away with hands up, that wasn't out of the ordinary," Beth said. "Officers [were] telling him to get out of the way. They didn't see him as a suspect ... no idea [in that moment] he was involved."

[Image: sub-buzz-2538-1598646662-41.jpg?downsize...ality=auto]
Brandon Bell / Getty Images

Demonstrators revisit the site where a protester was killed in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Rittenhouse has been charged with two counts of first-degree homicide, one count of attempted homicide, two counts of recklessly endangering safety, and possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18. Neither of his lawyers, John Pierce or L. Lin Wood, responded to multiple requests for comment on the allegations and timeline that investigators outlined in the criminal complaint.

He also wasn't a medic.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: More at the link.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/clarissajanlim/kyle-rittenhouse-shooting-charges-criminal-complaint

He also wasn't a medic.

Interesting that the criminal complaint basically sets out a self defense scenario.  This contains nothing that wasn't covered in the two Donut Operator videos that were posted.

Also, he had received first aid training as he works as a life guard.  Whether that qualifies him as a "medic" is, I suppose, subjective.  Either way it does not negate the fact that he brought first aid equipment with the intent to render aid when needed.  Truly a monster.
Reply/Quote
More "help" from the POTUS.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: Ah!  More help!  Ninja

https://www.mediamatters.org/black-lives-matter/after-kenosha-shootings-former-sheriff-david-clarke-advises-radio-listeners-how

Not only is the headline inflammatory, it's just plan wrong. Nothing in the article supports the headline, but like other forms of American journalism, why care about accuracy when attacking the other side of the political aisle?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 11:12 AM)GMDino Wrote: More "help" from the POTUS.

It just so nice to see people soooooooooooooooo concerned and critical of Trump's response to rioting and violence in the streets of various cities who don't give one God damn about the mayors and/or governors responses (or lack thereof).

Oh, and I'm not talking about you, Dino, just the ones whose tweets you shared. I know YOU condemn the mayors and governors for the inaction and their handling of these violent riots. Granted, I haven't seen you post a condemnation of them, but I also know you're not stupid enough to blame all the rioting and violence on Trump.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It just so nice to see people soooooooooooooooo concerned and critical of Trump's response to rioting and violence in the streets of various cities who don't give one God damn about the mayors and/or governors responses (or lack thereof).

Oh, and I'm not talking about you, Dino, just the ones whose tweets you shared. I know YOU condemn the mayors and governors for the inaction and their handling of these violent riots. Granted, I haven't seen you post a condemnation of them, but I also know you're not stupid enough to blame all the rioting and violence on Trump.

I've said repeatedly for years that violence is never the answer.  I think the looting and vandalism is not the majority of the events going on and I'd wager very few people doing the illegal activities have real ties to those doing the peaceful protesting.

Trump doesn't help matters when rather than call for calm he attacks those he deems the trouble makers and encourages more outside agitators to enter the fray.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 11:52 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Not only is the headline inflammatory, it's just plan wrong. Nothing in the article supports the headline, but like other forms of American journalism, why care about accuracy when attacking the other side of the political aisle?

It's fairly accurate when the host is saying "eh, you're gonna have to go and maybe you'll have to kill some people so make sure you have a good story when the police ask."

Again, encouraging outside agitators isn't helping at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've said repeatedly for years that violence is never the answer.  I think the looting and vandalism is not the majority of the events going on and I'd wager very few people doing the illegal activities have real ties to those doing the peaceful protesting.

Trump doesn't help matters when rather than call for calm he attacks those he deems the trouble makers and encourages more outside agitators to enter the fray.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's fairly accurate when the host is saying "eh, you're gonna have to go and maybe you'll have to kill some people so make sure you have a good story when the police ask."

Again, encouraging outside agitators isn't helping at all.

Except he doesn't say ANY of that. What he DID say is:

"I don't advocate for some of the stuff that's starting to happen"
"Act reasonably. You have to act reasonably."

Yep, those are the words of someone telling people how to "get away with killing protestors"

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Except he doesn't say ANY of that. What he DID say is:

"I don't advocate for some of the stuff that's starting to happen"
"Act reasonably. You have to act reasonably."

Yep, those are the words of someone telling people how to "get away with killing protestors"

Rolleyes

You literally left off the rest of the quotes in in the link on this page:

Quote:The question is when is government going to do something? Inaction is not a plan. You know what happens with inaction? People take the law into their own hands. Government is leaving them no choice. No choice. I don’t advocate for some of the stuff that’s starting to happen, but I am certainly done -- I am through with condemning it. I’m done with that.

I’m just telling people, “Hey, you’re on your own." Think about it, have a plan. Act reasonably. You have to act reasonably. Then you’re going to have to articulate what you did afterwards. But you can’t have government officials and law enforcement executives telling people, “Do not take the law into your own hands." Well, you’re forcing them to!

If he won't condemn it and believe they have to do it...he's endorsing it.
Reply/Quote
Weird.  Ninja

https://katu.com/news/local/man-suspected-in-deadly-shooting-of-right-wing-activist-in-portland-killed-sources-say

Quote:PORTLAND, Ore. — A man suspected by police of fatally shooting a Trump supporter in downtown Portland last weekend was killed by law enforcement officials in the state of Washington on Thursday night when they tried to arrest him, the U.S. Marshals Service confirmed.

Aaron “Jay” Danielson, 39, died from a gunshot wound to the chest Saturday, Aug. 29, near Southwest 3rd Avenue and Alder Street. Danielson had been part of a pro-Trump caravan that drove into Portland.

The Pierce County Sheriff’s Office told KATU's sister station in Seattle, KOMO News, that the suspect came out of an apartment in Lacey, Washington, got into a vehicle and that shots were fired during a traffic stop. The suspect was killed in the gunfire, authorities said. No officers were injured in the shooting.

The sheriff's office confirmed it had members involved in a federal task force looking for the suspect in the Portland shooting.

Authorities went to the home around 7:30 p.m.

The U.S. Marshals Service identified the suspect as 48-year-old Michael Reinoehl.

It said the Portland Police Bureau issued a warrant for Reinoehl's arrest earlier in the day and had asked U.S. marshals to find him and arrest him.

U.S. marshals said Reinoehl pulled a gun on law enforcement and was shot and killed by members of the task force. Reinoehl died at the scene.

It was not immediately known whether Reinoehl fired a weapon.

During a news conference, a spokesman with the Thurston County Sheriff's Office gave details of what happened.

"There was a confrontation between the officers that were on scene and the subject," said Lt. Ray Brady with the Thurston County Sheriff's Office. "The information we have at this time is that the subject was armed. There was shots that were fired into the vehicle, and the subject fled from the vehicle at which time there was additional shots that were fired.

The U.S. marshals' Fugitive Apprehension Team, made up of officers from several agencies in the area, were doing surveillance of Reinoehl.

Four members of that team fired a weapon, said Brady.

The Thurston County Sheriff's Office will lead the shooting investigation.

Neighbors said there were about two dozen gunshots over a two- to three-minute period of time.

Bullets struck nearby buildings. No one was injured.

Reinoehl had described himself in a social media post as “100% ANTIFA,” suggested the tactics of counter-protesters amounted to “warfare,” and had been shot at one protest and cited for having a gun at another.

Reinoehl also was wanted on a warrant out of Baker County in Eastern Oregon, where court records showed he skipped a hearing related to a June case in which he had been charged with driving under the influence of controlled substances, reckless driving, reckless endangerment and unlawful possession of a firearm.

Police said he drove on an interstate at up to 111 mph, with his daughter in the car, while racing his 17-year-old son, who was in a different vehicle.

***BELOW IS VIDEO OF THE SHOOTING IN PORTLAND THAT LEFT DANIELSON DEAD. WARNING, THOUGH EDITED TO AIR AND ONLINE, THIS VIDEO MAY BE GRAPHIC TO WATCH***

***WARNING THIS MAY BE GRAPHIC TO WATCH. *** Moments just before the shooting in downtown Portland on Aug 29, 2020. (Video courtesy of Justin Dunlap Facebook Live)

Police said Saturday's shooting in Portland happened shortly after the caravan of President Donald Trump supporters was reportedly leaving the city.

Earlier in the evening, a pro-Trump rally gathered at the Clackamas Town Center and held a procession through downtown Portland. The group was met by counter-protesters supporting Black lives.

Luckily we immediately know the suspect has a criminal past!  Police are very good in letting us know the horrible past of the people the had to shoot.  Equally as impressive is that the initial report says the police felt "threatened" but I guess we'll have to wait to ask the victim what happened, oh wait he's dead.

Oh well!

Edit to add Trump was tweeting about the suspect...13 minutes after he was shot and killed.
Reply/Quote
At least the officers are going after the rioters who are doing all the damage!

Ok, at least they are arresting the easiest possible people to pump up their numbers.
Reply/Quote
In the mean time Trump caravans are crossing state lines to start trouble and violence while threatening people with guns and racist remarks (even killing people while crossing back and forth over state lines past police and living to tell about it with the support of Trump and Christian Evangelicals who refuse to speak ill of him and some Christian groups having raised money to support his murder spree).

What this proves is what we've been saying all along. The people causing the violence are coming across state lines, members of White supremacist groups and Trump supporter caravans, who come to protests to spark violence and physical altercations so conservative media can focus on that and Trump can make his commercials.

Police won't kill these people tho. They can freely roam across states to murder and fly in the caravans of White supremacist Trump supporters at will.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've said repeatedly for years that violence is never the answer.  I think the looting and vandalism is not the majority of the events going on and I'd wager very few people doing the illegal activities have real ties to those doing the peaceful protesting.

Not one part of that reply addressed inactivity by city Mayors and DAs in these towns, just more "Trump's doing it wrong".

Portland really settled down after trump stopped doing it wrong with Federal assistance. Hell, I heard they celebrated the Mayor with a nice bonfire at his residence.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Not sure how you can claim Portland is settling down from what we are seeing and given the Trump caravans that have came in to murder and stir up violence.

I think Trump may have been lying to you when he says he solved everything.

We must remember Trump supporters have killed more Americans then ISIS and Al Queda (or "Antifa") in the last 10 years. If we could just get Trump supporters and Republicans to say something about them, yet as we see they remain quiet when it comes to their terrorist.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 08:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: Weird.  Ninja

https://katu.com/news/local/man-suspected-in-deadly-shooting-of-right-wing-activist-in-portland-killed-sources-say

Yeah, weird.  It's almost like the violent rioter continued to be violent when police tried to arrest him.  Oh wait, are you insinuating that the police just executed this guy because he's a far-left agitator?

Quote:Luckily we immediately know the suspect has a criminal past!  Police are very good in letting us know the horrible past of the people the had to shoot.  Equally as impressive is that the initial report says the police felt "threatened" but I guess we'll have to wait to ask the victim what happened, oh wait he's dead.

This is utterly precious coming from the guy who was judging Rittenhouse as a misguided youth because of pictures of him as a police explorer.  It's almost like you revel in your hypocrisy.  Don't worry, there will be more information released and there's no way you'll look foolish.  

Quote:Oh well!

Edit to add Trump was tweeting about the suspect...13 minutes after he was shot and killed.

And?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 09:58 AM)jj22 Wrote: In the mean time Trump caravans are crossing state lines to start trouble and violence while threatening people with guns and racist remarks  (even killing people while crossing back and forth over state lines past police and living to tell about it with the support of Trump and Christian Evangelicals who refuse to speak ill of him and some Christian groups having raised money to support his murder spree).

Trump threatened people with guns?  What racist remarks did he make?  If you're referring to Rittenhouse, all available evidence shows this was a clear case of self defense, so I have to assume you're talking about someone else.

Quote:What this proves is what we've been saying all along. The people causing the violence are coming across state lines, members of White supremacist groups and Trump supporter caravans, who come to protests to spark violence and physical altercations so conservative media can focus on that and Trump can make his commercials.

Actually most of the rioters in Kenosha were from out of state, but they weren't right wingers, at least there is no evidence of that.

At least 175 people have been arrested during the recent civil unrest in Kenosha, Wis., with 102 having addresses listed outside of the city, according to numbers released by police on Sunday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/175-arrested-during-unrest-in-kenosha-including-104-outside-city-police-say

Quote:Police won't kill these people tho.

You're right, they didn't kill any of the 175 people in Kenosha they arrested who came from out of state.  

Quote:They can freely roam across states to murder and fly in the caravans of White supremacist Trump supporters at will.

This is quite the claim.  Source please.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 01:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: You literally left off the rest of the quotes in in the link on this page:

If he won't condemn it and believe they have to do it...he's endorsing it.

Believing people don't have a choice but to take the law into their own hands is NOT the same as endorsing people taking the law in their own hands NOR is it anywhere close to telling people HOW TO GET AWAY WITH KILLING PROTESTORS.
Reply/Quote