Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Moss
Can anyone tell me why he's still on the PS and not the active roster?
Reply/Quote
He's not good.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Cause the apple fell abnormally far from the tree?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's not good.

Normally I am all on board with that answer... but then I remembered that through 9 games Drew Sample has a 5/45(9.0)/0 stat line and has been on the field for 45% of the offensive snaps this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Normally I am all on board with that answer... but then I remembered that through 9 games Drew Sample has a 5/45(9.0)/0 stat line and has been on the field for 45% of the offensive snaps this year.

Then just imagine how bad moss must be.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Normally I am all on board with that answer... but then I remembered that through 9 games Drew Sample has a 5/45(9.0)/0 stat line and has been on the field for 45% of the offensive snaps this year.

Guys who are high draft picks tend to get more chances even if they're bad.

If you're undrafted AND bad, you won't ever see the field.

I really wish Moss would work out. It's a cool story. Randy's son. Played with Burrow and Chase at LSU.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Guys who are high draft picks tend to get more chances even if they're bad.

I really wish Moss would work out. It's a cool story. Randy's son. Played with Burrow and Chase at LSU.

Another way to look at it... Why is Moss STILL on our practice squad and not somebody else's active roster?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Guys who are high draft picks tend to get more chances even if they're bad.

I would like to see if he's a bum with my own two eyes.

Just like Drew tripping over his own feet.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:24 PM)jason Wrote: Another way to look at it... Why is Moss STILL on our practice squad and not somebody else's active roster?

Why do we still have Schreck for so many years?

Special teams?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:29 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why do we still have Schreck for so many years?

Special teams?

Well when you're a movie star, you get a lil leeway...

I actually forgot all about that guy.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:26 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I would like to see if he's a bum with my own two eyes.

Drew was ballin' against the Browns... Rumble young man rumble.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:04 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Can anyone tell me why he's still on the PS and not the active roster?

I can. The active roster is reserved for the 53 players that the coaches feel can best help this team in one or more of the 3 facets of the game (Offense, Defense, Special Teams). Currently the coaches do not feel that Moss is among those 53. 

He's on the practice squad to develop and perhaps one day be among those 53; either by his progress or attrition.

Any other matter, for which, you have questions? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:36 PM)jason Wrote: Drew was ballin' against the Browns... Rumble young man rumble.

Blind squirrel 
Reply/Quote
Glitter, glisten, gloss, floss
I catch a beat runnin' like Thad..err Randy Moss
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Blind squirrel 

Broken clock.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Glitter, glisten, gloss, floss
I catch a beat runnin' like Thad..err Randy Moss

Killer Mike in the house!!!!

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:35 PM)jason Wrote: Well when you're a movie star, you get a lil leeway...

I actually forgot all about that guy.

He's like an onion.  Many layers.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:26 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I would like to see if he's a bum with my own two eyes.

Same. I just want to see him take the ball deep, take the top off the defense. If he can't get to it, can't nobody get to it.
Reply/Quote
If the guys last name wasn’t Moss no one would care. He’s not particularly athletic isn’t big and can’t really block. He is still figuring out how to play special teams and basically is nothing special other than the name.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 12:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: If the guys last name wasn’t Moss no one would care. He’s not particularly athletic isn’t big and can’t really block. He is still figuring out how to play special teams and basically is nothing special other than the name.

TBF, I don't care what his last name is; I like him because he and Burrow cooked in '19 and the two obviously have a superb chemistry.

That's all; if he doesn't see the field, I won't lose sleep.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote