Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Overrated Bengals
LOL @ AJ Mac Post Big Grin

PS: Most Under-rated = CORY DILLON
Reply/Quote
Chris Henry is still severely overrated by many. Yeah, it looked great when he had a long catch, but he couldn't stay on the field. What happened was sad, but it seemed to make people think he was a better player than he ever was.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd have to agree with the Robert Geathers answer. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Nate livings
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 06:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: AJ McCarron

[Image: Michael-Jackson-Popcorn.gif]

Rock On Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 06:49 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Chris Henry is still severely overrated by many. Yeah, it looked great when he had a long catch, but he couldn't stay on the field. What happened was sad, but it seemed to make people think he was a better player than he ever was.

Chris Henry was great for that offense. He was that 2nd deep threat that most teams yearn for. The guy that opened up the middle of the field. The defense always had to stay honest with him and Chad on the field together. So maybe he was overrated in terms of him alone. But make no mistake, h was an intricate part of what made that offense tick.

Reply/Quote
Anthony Collins. Lol @ Tampa bay.

Reply/Quote
I can't name just one.

Mo Sanu
Deltha O'neal
CedBen
Harold Green
Viva LeFevour Hilarious
Armon Binns, Mario Alford, James Wright, Cobi Hamilton, Dez Briscoe, Ryan Whalen or any practice squad WR
Brian Leonard (or any white RB or WR)

and...

Carson Palmer Popcorn
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I can't name just one.

Mo Sanu
Deltha O'neal
CedBen
Harold Green
Viva LeFevour Hilarious
Armon Binns, Mario Alford, James Wright, Cobi Hamilton, Dez Briscoe, Ryan Whalen or any practice squad WR
Brian Leonard (or any white RB or WR)

and...

Carson Palmer  Popcorn

I loved me some Harold green! Him and James brooks! Get outta here with that! Lol

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:06 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I loved me some Harold green! Him and James brooks! Get outta here with that! Lol

I guess I remember the duo of him and Derrick Fenner more.  Sick

Green averaged 2.7 ypc one year. Seems hard to fathom a run game that bad.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mo Sanu, Armon Binns, Mario Alford, James Wright, Cobi Hamilton, Dez Briscoe, Ryan Whalen or any practice squad WR

Wow, that's a serious list of WRs who a lot of noisy people absolutely loved, yet didn't do much. I still remember how Binns "played as Calvin Johnson on the scout team and was uncoverable". Lol

Most depressing tidbit about that list though? Bengals value WR height over abilities like catching the ball, or running routes...

In the 2008 draft, they are looking at WR in the 2nd round and they choose 6'2" Jerome Simpson just 3 picks before the Eagles take 5'10" DeSean Jackson.

Fast forward 2 years to the 2010 draft and just 4 picks after Dezmon Briscoe, the Steelers picked Antonio Brown. So SOMEONE who gets paid for a living to do it, knew they wanted a WR in the 6th round, looked at the available players, and said "Hmm, Dezmon Briscoe or Antonio Brown? Lets get this Dezmon Briscoe kid, he's 6'2", perfect size! Brown is only 5'10."

Fast forward 2 years to the 2012 draft, and they were looking in the third round at wide receivers and once again made the exact same decision, taking 6'2" Mohamed Sanu only 9 picks ahead of 5'9" TY Hilton.

- - - - -

6'2" WR are like catnip to the Bengals. Height > Football Skills almost every time when it comes to that position. The only time they draft under 6' WR is when they're specifically targeting a ST return guy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I guess I remember the duo of him and Derrick Fenner more.  Sick

Green averaged 2.7 ypc one year. Seems hard to fathom a run game that bad.

End of brooks career with bengals and beginning of fenners. I just remember the year in 90 when you had the THREE headed monster of brooks, green and woods. Loved it.....then everything went to hell....

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Wow, that's a serious list of WRs who a lot of noisy people absolutely loved, yet didn't do much. I still remember how Binns "played as Calvin Johnson on the scout team and was uncoverable". Lol

Most depressing tidbit about that list though? Bengals value WR height over abilities like catching the ball, or running routes...

In the 2008 draft, they are looking at WR in the 2nd round and they choose 6'2" Jerome Simpson just 3 picks before the Eagles take 5'10" DeSean Jackson.

Fast forward 2 years to the 2010 draft and just 4 picks after Dezmon Briscoe, the Steelers picked Antonio Brown. So SOMEONE who gets paid for a living to do it, knew they wanted a WR in the 6th round, looked at the available players, and said "Hmm, Dezmon Briscoe or Antonio Brown? Lets get this Dezmon Briscoe kid, he's 6'2", perfect size! Brown is only 5'10."

Fast forward 2 years to the 2012 draft, and they were looking in the third round at wide receivers and once again made the exact same decision, taking 6'2" Mohamed Sanu only 9 picks ahead of 5'9" TY Hilton.

- - - - -

6'2" WR are like catnip to the Bengals. Height > Football Skills almost every time when it comes to that position.

Good point. I can't think of any sub-6 foot WR's we've drafted during the Marv era. It's almost like a rule. A very unfortunate shitty rule.

We almost always take a tall, worthless WR at the end of every draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good point. I can't think of any sub-6 foot WR's we've drafted during the Marv era. It's almost like a rule. A very unfortunate shitty rule.

I remember bringing up this topic before back on the old forums.

The reason you don't recall any is because there hasn't be *ANY* until 2015.

• 19 WR have been drafted in the Marvin Lewis era.
  • 13 of them have been 6'2" or taller.
  • 5 of them have been 6'0-6'1".
  • 1 of them has been under 6'0".
Mario Alford is actually the only one under 6'0" in the entire Marvin era.

You can tell this drafting method is really tearing it up because out of those 19 WR, only 2 of them have at least 2,000 career yards receiving. AJ Green, and Jerome Simpson (2,058 yds).

Why fix a drafting method that's obviously not broken? Ninja

Reply/Quote
Current: Tie between Peko and Sanu. Both are replaceable talents who could and should be upgraded. Sanu is slow as he11, and has questionable mitts. Peko gets zero penetration, offers zero as a pass rusher, and can usually be seen making tackles 5 yards downfield when he's fortunate enough to make a tackle.

Past: Jeff Blake. Blake was a good scrap heap find, and was far better than the David Klingler and Akili Smith's of the world. That being said, Jeff Blake was not a long term starter in the NFL either.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Past: Kijana Carter
Current: Brandon Tate

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good point. I can't think of any sub-6 foot WR's we've drafted during the Marv era. It's almost like a rule. A very unfortunate shitty rule.

Andre Caldwell, Jordan Shipley, and Andrew Hawkins to name 3. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Evan Mathis. I don't think so. Overrated.
Reply/Quote
Tim Krumrie.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 03:50 AM)J24 Wrote: Andre Caldwell, Jordan Shipley, and Andrew Hawkins to name 3. 

6'0, 6'0, and undrafted.

You know it's a thing when 6'0 WRs are their "little guys".

Reply/Quote