Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most underrated backup QB we've had
Go.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Any of them that were actually any good were starters at some point (Fitzmagic, Kitna, etc).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Turk Schonert
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 06:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Any of them that were actually any good were starters at some point (Fitzmagic, Kitna, etc).

Virgil Carter.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 09:44 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Virgil Carter.

Rep.

Also, we don't make the playoffs in 2011 without Bruce Gradkowski's performance opening day.
Reply/Quote
Jordan Palmer

He held the team together during the lock out when big bro was being a "man".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It has to be Fitzpatrick. He has gone on to throw for over 32k yards and nearly 200 TDs since that 2008 season.
Reply/Quote
During my lifetime, AJ Mcarron.

Ya, he wasn’t great, but he did enough to win a playoff game… the rest of the team took that away from him lol.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 01:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: During my lifetime, AJ Mcarron.

Ya, he wasn’t great, but he did enough to win a playoff game… the rest of the team took that away from him lol.

Dont forget his wify. Pervert
Reply/Quote
Has to be Fitz
Reply/Quote
I misread this thread, didn’t know we wanted the most underrated backup…

Andy Dalton! We just happened to go years without a starter…
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 01:27 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Dont forget his wify. Pervert

Beyond overrated
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 01:27 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Dont forget his wify. Pervert

Or his mom
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 01:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: During my lifetime, AJ Mcarron.

Stop it.

AJ McCarron the first 3 quarters vs the 30th ranked pass defense... 0 points, 1 INT, 3 Fumbles.

Meanwhile the defense faced the 4th scoring offense and held them to just 18 points. Of those 18 points... 3 points came off a McCarron INT, 3 points off a McCarron Fumble, and 3 points off a Hill Fumble. McCarron literally gave the Steelers 33% of their points and couldn't score a single 1 for 3 quarters against the third worst pass defense in the league.

Stop it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 02:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Stop it.

AJ McCarron the first 3 quarters vs the 30th ranked pass defense... 0 points, 1 INT, 3 Fumbles.

Meanwhile the defense faced the 4th scoring offense and held them to just 18 points. Of those 18 points... 3 points came off a McCarron INT, 3 points off a McCarron Fumble, and 3 points off a Hill Fumble. McCarron literally gave the Steelers 33% of their points and couldn't score a single 1 for 3 quarters against the third worst pass defense in the league.

Stop it.

We would of won that game with Dalton, sure of it.

To the OP, Fitzy. He played decent for us and went on to have a good career in the NFL, impressive.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 02:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We would of won that game with Dalton, sure of it.

To the OP, Fitzy. He played decent for us and went on to have a good career in the NFL, impressive.

Ya,  because Dalton came up so big in the playoffs before this 
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 02:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Stop it.

Stop it.

Conveniently forgot about the 4th quarter. He’s got the same number of TDs as Andy Dalton in the playoffs lol
Reply/Quote
I am a little surprised that any of the "McCarron is better than Dalton" crowd are still showing their faces.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am a little surprised that any of the "McCarron is better than Dalton" crowd are still showing their faces.

Andy Dalton was and still is clearly better than McCarron.

The point is, underrated backup. Went 2-1 in his games that he started at the end of 2015 and, although he played very poorly as was written in detail a few posts earlier, had us in position to win our first playoff game in decades. He came up clutch in the 4th quarter to give us a chance to win, and really all that matters is how you finish.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 02:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We would of won that game with Dalton, sure of it.

Have you already forgotten about Daltons playoff performances? We would have been killed with Dalton in there.

Reply/Quote