Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Much respect to Vontez
He was a great player for us and a right steal as an undrafted player but here is the thing.
If he could have kept his head in check, he would have been a superstar.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:33 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: This guy was the leader and the heartbeat of our defense for a long time and we had a lot of success with him. He brought a ferocious attitude that we were missing. Dude came in undrafted and played lights out! up until this last season..

I understand why he was released and I know there's already a thread about it, but I just wanted to made an appreciation thread for this man. He was my favorite player and will surly be missed. I'll never forget the last playoff game against the Steelers. Burfict was having a MONSTER game. He picked off Big Ben and then ran the ball straight to the locker room! That was it I thought, I thought we finally won a playoff game... and then Jeremy Hill fumbled and we all know how that story ends... It's unfortunate that he had to start the last 3 seasons suspended, it's unfortunate that he (and the media) created such a negative reputation of him, and It's unfortunate that he's had so many concussions. And now I'm just bummed that my favorite player is gone.

Either way, I wish him the best in the future. I wish him good health and hope he succeeds with his new team if he continues to play football.

Whatever dude.  How can you talk about him being a hero in that game when he also did what he always does and it caused them to lose the game.  Stupid unnecessary head shot on brown undoes every good thing he did leading up to it.

I'm happy he's gone.
Reply/Quote
Burfict is one of my all-time favorites for the simple reason that he was hated by the Steelers and their fan base; I just hope he doesn't end up there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:54 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Good god people. Let it go. That game was literally YEARS ago. I have a sneaking suspicion that this conversation is exactly what the OP wanted.

The dude was unreliable and a shell of his former self. He became fat, slow, unmotivated and bad at football.

So good job having a good season or two.

Bye!

Your lack of understanding is laughable. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:40 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Burfict is one of my all-time favorites for the simple reason that he was hated by the Steelers and their fan base; I just hope he doesn't end up there.

I honestly can't ever see that happening. although!!!!
Reply/Quote
I agree and I Think that the Vikings would be a good fit for him. He didn’t have any problems under Zimmer
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:52 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I agree and I Think that the Vikings would be a good fit for him. He didn’t have any problems under Zimmer

That's not even remotely true.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:40 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Burfict is one of my all-time favorites for the simple reason that he was hated by the Steelers and their fan base; I just hope he doesn't end up there.

On the other hand, the hypocrisy as they welcome him into the fold would be hilarious.
Reply/Quote
IF he had more left in the tank, I could see the Patriots taking a flyer on him. That said, I don't think he does.
Reply/Quote
Loved him. Period.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
His stats are interesting. Played 7 years. 8.5 total sacks. 610 total tackles.

Had 177 combined tackles his 2nd year. 127 combined tackles his 1st year.

Out of his last 5 years, he had over 100 tackles ONCE...and that was 101.

His last 5 year tackle numbers are: 29, 74, 101, 69, 33. He likely should not have been extended.

His best years were his 1st 2 in the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:19 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Burfict took control of the game.  Marvin lost control of it.  The end.

Thank you.
We need to draft his replacement. 
Sometimes the craziness goes with the LB. See Butkus.
In this case Coach has to be his Governor.
When we do draft the dude, I sincerely hope that Steelers fans hate him as much as they did Tez.
Finally, to the talking heads, Tez was a thug, but Shazier was the greatest thing since sliced bread, huh? Child, please.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:00 PM)jason Wrote: He did seal the game. If Butterfingers just secures the ball, Vontaze never sees the field again in that game. He's likely not suspended to begin the 2016 season, and who knows what happens in the next round... He ran into the tunnel for a reason. For any NFL team not named the Bengals that b***h was over.

Burfict was as much if not more to blame for the loss than Hill.

Steelers got the ball at their own 9 yard line with 1:20 left and a crippled QB.  For any team not named the Bengals that ***** was over.
Reply/Quote
There's other threads to ***** about Burfict if you want. IMO this is a thread to wish him well and thank him for his services. I liked Burfict more than most because I was very active in the draft forum and a lot of "board experts" where saying he' never play a down in the NFL. Not only did he play, but there was a time he was considered possibly the best WILL in the game.

Folks say he was undisciplined but he had to wear the green dot on Sundays because our MLB couldn't QB the D. Dude is gone and I wish him well. He gave us everything he had.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:44 PM)McC Wrote: Your lack of understanding is laughable. 

Then help me understand.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 09:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: His stats are interesting. Played 7 years. 8.5 total sacks. 610 total tackles.

His last 5 year tackle numbers are: 29, 74, 101, 69, 33. He likely should not have been extended.

Maybe this will help people understand. I think I understand.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:39 PM)motoarch Wrote: Whatever dude.  How can you talk about him being a hero in that game when he also did what he always does and it caused them to lose the game.  Stupid unnecessary head shot on brown undoes every good thing he did leading up to it.

I'm happy he's gone.

I respect your opinion, but I’ll question that call till the day I die. VB was a rockstar. I will miss seeing him on the field. Dude is a Pete Rose in my book. Dude will never get the full credit he deserves, but he will in the Dogs heart, and many others as well.

Reply/Quote
Other than Odell, the only other LB that scared the squeelers out of their minds since the 2000s and showed them that injuries to dirty playing go both ways. Since Burfinct, the squeelers have cleaned up their act considerably.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 09:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: His stats are interesting. Played 7 years. 8.5 total sacks. 610 total tackles.

He earned his last extention for what was likely his best year in 2016.

In 11 games he had 101 combined tackles 5 TFLs 1 forced fumble and 2 sacks. It was also by far his best year in coverage with a couple of interceptions and 8 passes defensed. None of those stats tell you how disruptive he really was that season.

It's a shame what concussions did to his career....I remember in the first Squeelers game last year he missed Vance McDonald down the sideline and took himself out of the game for what was a "Shoulder injury" but he was on the bench alone looking very dazed.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
He and Eifert were wasted talents but both for different reasons. If the Bengals had a healthy Eifert and a dedicated Burfict, they would have won at least one playoff game.
Reply/Quote