Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Much respect to Vontez
He was a really good linebacker. Cant argue that.

But no respect here as he was a dirty player that included taking cheap shots. Shoved a Bengals coach in camp after he went low on Gio as Gio was coming off tearing his acl the prior season. Shot the bird more than once at opposing crowds, took PEDS, and multiple rightful suspensions.

For the latter, I was never a fan of him, so good riddance.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In a way, Burfict has made it very difficult for the Steelers to make the playoffs. Broke Bell, turned AB crazy. He did his job here.

I loved Vontaze and think the media perception ruined who he was and made him unable to play to his potential that was displayed in his first two seasons. Put the concussions on top of that and i understand why we cut him.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 09:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burfict was as much if not more to blame for the loss than Hill.

Steelers got the ball at their own 9 yard line with 1:20 left and a crippled QB.  For any team not named the Bengals that ***** was over.

You can argue that he did as much to lose the game. It's a weak argument, but you can do it. What you can't argue against is that Vontaze Burfict made more big plays to help win thar game than any other Bengal that night.

If Jeremy Hill doesn't fumble... The Bengals win that game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 10:04 PM)Millhouse Wrote: He was a really good linebacker. Cant argue that.

But no respect here as he was a dirty player that included taking cheap shots. Shoved a Bengals coach in camp after he went low on Gio as Gio was coming off tearing his acl the prior season. Shot the bird more than once at opposing crowds, took PEDS, and multiple rightful suspensions.

For the latter, I was never a fan of him, so good riddance.

I get frustrated reading from some on here that it was all on the Refs. The guy played a huge part in his reputation. It wasn’t just AFCN fans that though he was dirty but pretty much every teams fanbase that watched NFL games. The Bengals fans that aren’t completely biased own up to it too. He was a great player but why pretend that he didn’t step on a player’s hand if he thought that he could get away with it. I respect the talent but he’s just not the kind of high character guy that I personally cheer for.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:23 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Right.

Punch those punks in the mouth and let them whine victim like little b*tches to the world.

Let's hope this new staff/regime gets some guys with fire and a brain in the future.

Not some soft "good guys" who just equate tackle numbers to being a true play-maker.

With the NFL's changes to protect players Burfict was doomed to be the King of suspensions. He refused to use proper technique which cost him multiple concussions. His biggest asset was leading by example because before last year the whole defense's play elevated ten fold when he came on the field. Really hate to accept that he will never be back but it was time.
Reply/Quote
Few Bengals were as much fun to watch than Burfict during his first few years in the league. Always wanted a Ray Lewis type enforcer that other teams feared, and Tez was the closest we ever came. No desire to get into the infamous playoff meltdown, or the injuries/suspensions for the millionth time, I’ll just wish him well in whatever he does next.

Reply/Quote
He won us that playoff game single handily by injuring Ben which caused us to come back then making the game winning interception!!! But Jeremy hill fumbled it away and Tez smacked brown which got him to blame but we wouldn’t have been there without him
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I wish him well in whatever he decides to do. Too bad he couldn't control his emotions, he had the potential to be an all time great.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I have rocked his 55 jersey in the south end zone seats for the past 5 years. I wish the very best for him. But God I hope he's not in our division.

BTW, for all those claiming that he cost us that game, let me remind you that his interception should have won us the game.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 09:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's other threads to ***** about Burfict if you want. IMO this is a thread to wish him well and thank him for his services. I liked Burfict more than most because I was very active in the draft forum and a lot of "board experts" where saying he' never play a down in the NFL. Not only did he play, but there was a time he was considered possibly the best WILL in the game.

Folks say he was undisciplined but he had to wear the green dot on Sundays because our MLB couldn't QB the D. Dude is gone and I wish him well. He gave us everything he had.

Some people just pride themselves on respecting nothing.

Also, remember how many people said he would never play again after the micro fracture surgery and he proved them wrong too.

And yes, he did give us everything he had.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:57 PM)motoarch Wrote: That's not even remotely true.

He made the Pro bowl under Zimmer in 2013. Zimmer left in 2014 and the Burfict problems started.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 10:31 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He made the Pro bowl under Zimmer in 2013. Zimmer left in 2014 and the Burfict problems started.

Looking at his stats, his 1st 2 years were his best years...then his last 5 were mediocre.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Tez is visiting with the Raiders. Not surprised really.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Supposedly they wanted to trade for him last year. Should have taken it, but then he got suspended.

It would be great to see him and AB on the same team.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 11:03 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Supposedly they wanted to trade for him last year. Should have taken it, but then he got suspended.

It would be great to see him and AB on the same team.

Can you be suspended for a dirty hit on your own teammate in camp?

Reply/Quote
I loved Burfict. My favorite player. He will be missed.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 10:28 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I get frustrated reading from some on here that it was all on the Refs. The guy played a huge part in his reputation. It wasn’t just AFCN fans that though he was dirty but pretty much every teams fanbase that watched NFL games. The Bengals fans that aren’t completely biased own up to it too. He was a great player but why pretend that he didn’t step on a player’s hand if he thought that he could get away with it. I respect the talent but he’s just not the kind of high character guy that I personally cheer for.

Agreed. That's exactly where I'm at with it.

He had the same type of dirty plays in college then the Pros.

It's not like he made 1 borderline hit and they started targeting him.

The hit on Brown was totally unnecessary in the playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 08:30 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I have rocked his 55 jersey in the south end zone seats for the past 5 years.  I wish the very best for him.  But God I hope he's not in our division.

BTW, for all those claiming that he cost us that game, let me remind you that his interception should have won us the game.

So he gets to commit a dumb personal foul at the worst time due to the interception?

Couldn't he...oh I don't know...NOT try to take Antonio Browns head off of his body on that play?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 11:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can you be suspended for a dirty hit on your own teammate in camp?

Not sure, but didn't a fight breakout in camp a few years ago after he hit Gio?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote