Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Much respect to Vontez
(03-19-2019, 11:55 AM)jason Wrote: Not sure, but didn't a fight breakout in camp a few years ago after he hit Gio?

Think somebody from the OL (maybe Og?) went after him. I remember Gio saying there was no hard feelings though.

Tez and Antonio “Karma” “Mr. Big Chest” Brown on the same team would be interesting...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 12:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Think somebody from the OL (maybe Og?) went after him. I remember Gio saying there was no hard feelings though.

Tez and Antonio “Karma” “Mr. Big Chest” Brown on the same team would be interesting...

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO   I'm sorry, but I just can't see that.....lol.  I can see JB going after him before I could that turd. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 12:36 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO   I'm sorry, but I just can't see that.....lol.  I can see JB going after him before I could that turd. LMAO

Isn’t he some wannabe MMA?

Reply/Quote
Looks like he's heading to Oakland...
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 12:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Think somebody from the OL (maybe Og?) went after him. I remember Gio saying there was no hard feelings though.

It wasn’t OG it was during Bernard’s rookie year and he’s wasn’t around. Besides Tez vs OG would be unfair.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Isn’t he some wannabe MMA?

I recall one offseason, he trained in some MMA techniques.  I was DESPERATELY hoping it would translate to aggression and better play on the field.  It didn't.  I have no idea if he pursued it any further though.  

When I watch him play patty cake at OT, and just watch as his man pummels the QB, I just can't imagine him in the cage.  Ya never know though....and you may be right about him going after Tez, just seems unlikely in my eyes.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 12:43 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: It wasn’t OG it was during Bernard’s rookie year and he’s wasn’t around. Besides Tez vs OG would be unfair.

It wasn’t Gio’s rookie season, it was coming off the injury he had a couple years ago.

And it obviously wasn’t a real fight. Just pushing and shoving. Might not have been Og either. Can’t remember honestly.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 12:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It wasn’t Gio’s rookie season, it was coming off the injury he had a couple years ago.

And it obviously wasn’t a real fight. Just pushing and shoving. Might not have been Og either. Can’t remember honestly.

Yeah, the season after his ACL tear.....

Reply/Quote
Apparently it was Eifert who had the biggest problem with it...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20221017/tempers-flare-bengals-camp-vontaze-burfict-tackles-giovani-bernard

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 09:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's other threads to ***** about Burfict if you want. IMO this is a thread to wish him well and thank him for his services. I liked Burfict more than most because I was very active in the draft forum and a lot of "board experts" where saying he' never play a down in the NFL. Not only did he play, but there was a time he was considered possibly the best WILL in the game.

Folks say he was undisciplined but he had to wear the green dot on Sundays because our MLB couldn't QB the D. Dude is gone and I wish him well. He gave us everything he had.

This.  He was a hell of a player for us.  Sad to think the best LBs since Marvin took over were so troubled.   But he was the QB and spark of the defense.  As someone else said he could have been one of the best ever if he hadn't been so reckless.

I bet he does end up with Guenther.  If so I wish him good success.  But I fear for him.  He's young to have had so many concussions and he has lost a lot of the money he made.

Fare well Vontez.   Thanks for your passionate play.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 10:31 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He made the Pro bowl under Zimmer in 2013. Zimmer left in 2014 and the Burfict problems started.

Burficts problems started before he entered the league which is why he went undrafted and they never let up under any coach.

I'm happy he's gone.  He was trash.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 09:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I respect your opinion, but I’ll question that call till the day I die. VB was a rockstar. I will miss seeing him on the field. Dude is a Pete Rose in my book. Dude will never get the full credit he deserves, but he will in the Dogs heart, and many others as well.

If he could have kept that passion in check and not made so many bone headed mistakes I would have respected him.  Hard hits are what make the game fun.  

That tackle on bell that he got some much shit from Steelers fan for was as clean as they come.  He wasn't celebrating an injury.  He couldn't have known bell was hurt.  He was celebrating stopping a sure thing run.  Few players in the league could have made that stop.

That guy was awesome.  But he came with so much baggage and I was sick of it.  Yes hill fumbled.  And yes if he doesn't burficts might never have been back on the field.  But it doesn't matter.  The moment he took that shot on brown he ruined any thing he did for the team up to that point.  You have to play smarter then that period.

I won't forgive him for that moment.  I can't remember being as happy as a Bengals fan thinking we had won.  I blame burfict and Marvin Lewis for that.  Burfict for not being smarter as a veteran that should know better and Marvin for not telling hill to fall on the ball don't fight for an extra yard.  For not telling burfict hey keep it clean we need to get out of here with no penalties.

Good riddance to both of them.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 02:40 PM)3wt Wrote: This.  He was a hell of a player for us.  Sad to think the best LBs since Marvin took over were so troubled.   But he was the QB and spark of the defense.  As someone else said he could have been one of the best ever if he hadn't been so reckless.

I bet he does end up with Guenther.  If so I wish him good success.  But I fear for him.  He's young to have had so many concussions and he has lost a lot of the money he made.

Fare well Vontez.   Thanks for your passionate play.

Hobson on the home page says he has made 51 mil as a Bengal.  The number that comes up over and over is 4 mil he's lost from fines and suspensions, so, he should be okay because he is not known to live an extravagant lifestyle. 

I worry about his long term health too but it would seem he might still play and be able to make even more.  Hard to believe doctors would clear him to play though, isn't it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 04:12 PM)motoarch Wrote: If he could have kept that passion in check and not made so many bone headed mistakes I would have respected him.  Hard hits are what make the game fun.  

That tackle on bell that he got some much shit from Steelers fan for was as clean as they come.  He wasn't celebrating an injury.  He couldn't have known bell was hurt.  He was celebrating stopping a sure thing run.  Few players in the league could have made that stop.

That guy was awesome.  But he came with so much baggage and I was sick of it.  Yes hill fumbled.  And yes if he doesn't burficts might never have been back on the field.  But it doesn't matter.  The moment he took that shot on brown he ruined any thing he did for the team up to that point.  You have to play smarter then that period.

I won't forgive him for that moment.  I can't remember being as happy as a Bengals fan thinking we had won.  I blame burfict and Marvin Lewis for that.  Burfict for not being smarter as a veteran that should know better and Marvin for not telling hill to fall on the ball don't fight for an extra yard.  For not telling burfict hey keep it clean we need to get out of here with no penalties.

Good riddance to both of them.
But even that hit on Brown wasn't the penalty that killed us that night.  It was the Pacman penalty that did us in.  Why do people so conveniently forget that fact when they get on their soapbox?

Also, why is the need to condemn so strong as to carry over into the respect for Burfict thread?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I’m talking about his time with the Bengals. He did great under Zimmer and we all loved him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 09:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I respect your opinion, but I’ll question that call till the day I die. VB was a rockstar. I will miss seeing him on the field. Dude is a Pete Rose in my book. Dude will never get the full credit he deserves, but he will in the Dogs heart, and many others as well.

Agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 04:37 PM)McC Wrote: But even that hit on Brown wasn't the penalty that killed us that night.  It was the Pacman penalty that did us in.  Why do people so conveniently forget that fact when they get on their soapbox?

Also, why is the need to condemn so strong as to carry over into the respect for Burfict thread?

It was the Jones penalty, a penalty that happened because the Steelers's LB coach was on the field (he was not allowed on the playing field).

Refs as usual screwed us, no Penalty on Porter.

But anyone who says Hill was not the problem is wrong. All Hill has to day is get his 5 yards and then hit the ground, 3 times. We make them use all their times outs and we force them to score a TD versus a field goal with 1 minute and no timeouts.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bengals have had very few players I would call "elite" over the last decade. Personally I think 5......Green, Atkins, Whitworth, Eifert, and Burfict.

We only got 1 full elite season out of Eifert, and 2 out of Burfict. I know the Bengals are not the best ran team in the league, but it really seems like we are cursed sometimes. Almost half of the elite players we have had in the last decade had their careers ruined by injuries.

That is brutal for a team as thin as we are.
Reply/Quote
I just wish he could have Shazier-ed Juju before he left.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 05:13 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: I just wish he could have Shazier-ed Juju before he left.

He could still do it while playing for another team.

That would be the best of both worlds for us.  Burfict ends Juju's season (I prefer "Belled" or "Browned" over "Shaziered") but we don't lose a starter when he gets suspended (or jailed) for doing it.
Reply/Quote