Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Murray update
Keep telling u guys he's gonna go late2-early 3 bc of commitment issue... this won't help

Kyler Murray was just interviewed on NFL Network and he's still torn on baseball or football. He says no decision has been made yet but it'll come soon.
Reply/Quote
It's not really an update we all know he's leveraging for a high pick to match his baseball contract.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2019, 11:23 PM)Synric Wrote: It's not really an update we all know he's leveraging for a high pick to match his baseball contract.

Some people felt he was fully committed to football since he entered.
Reply/Quote
He's quickly becoming a hard pass for me. Even if you take him in the first round, there's a chance that he tries to leverage it for an even better deal with MLB. And if he slips outside of the first round he's probably running off to baseball anyway.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
As I have said from the start he is positioning to pull an Elway. Basically telling anyone he doesn't want to play for if they draft him he is out and if the ones he does want to play for take him too late he is out. He is a 1st round pick or nothing because he will flat out tell them he won't play for less than a 1st round contract.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 11:47 AM)Au165 Wrote: As I have said from the start he is positioning to pull an Elway. Basically telling anyone he doesn't want to play for if they draft him he is out and if the ones he does want to play for take him too late he is out. He is a 1st round pick or nothing because he will flat out tell them he won't play for less than a 1st round contract.

I don't know what he's hoping for but it stands to reason that he will not be drafted by a playoff team.  Is he hoping to be able to choose which shitty team will take him?

As much of a doosh as I think Mayfield is, I have to give him props for saying go on, Browns, draft me and I will change your fortunes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 12:19 PM)McC Wrote: I don't know what he's hoping for but it stands to reason that he will not be drafted by a playoff team.  Is he hoping to be able to choose which shitty team will take him?

As much of a doosh as I think Mayfield is, I have to give him props for saying go on, Browns, draft me and I will change your fortunes.

Why couldn't he go to a playoff team? Chargers, Patriots,New Orleans all will need a QB eventually. Also yes sometimes picking the shitty team works out well too, see Eli forcing his way out of San Diego for NY.

I don't think it's a "Douche" thing as much as someone who has leverage using it. Other than doctors pro sports are the only place someone doesn't get to choose where they work. If you got leverage to get that choice you should use it. Elway is remembered fondly but he did the same thing threatening teams that he didn't like saying he'd go play baseball if they took him.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 01:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: Why couldn't he go to a playoff team? Chargers, Patriots,New Orleans all will need a QB eventually. Also yes sometimes picking the shitty team works out well too, see Eli forcing his way out of San Diego for NY.

I don't think it's a "Douche" thing as much as someone who has leverage using it. Other than doctors pro sports are the only place someone doesn't get to choose where they work. If you got leverage to get that choice you should use it. Elway is remembered fondly but he did the same thing threatening teams that he didn't like saying he'd go play baseball if they took him.

If you believe in yourself, be like Mayfield and be the guy who turns it around. 

And do you think "eventually" is what he's looking for?   I don't.

How about this possibility?  Maybe he's telling the truth and not trying to play the Elway game and really is having a hard time deciding.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 01:18 PM)McC Wrote: If you believe in yourself, be like Mayfield and be the guy who turns it around. 

And do you think "eventually" is what he's looking for?   I don't.

How about this possibility?  Maybe he's telling the truth and not trying to play the Elway game and really is having a hard time deciding.

If you believe in yourself go work at McDonalds and be the guy who rises to the top to become CEO. Again, if you got leverage why wouldn't you go work at the best possible situation to be successful?

The rumors were that his family was telling specific teams at the National Title Game he would play for them.
Reply/Quote
Murray received a 4.6 million dollar signing bonus which he has to pay back if he plays football...so any NFL contract he signs will have to be around a 5 million signing bonus.

It's not about commitment it's about money.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 01:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Murray received a 4.6 million dollar signing bonus which he has to pay back if he plays football...so any NFL contract he signs will have to be around a 5 million signing bonus.

It's not about commitment it's about money.

He only has to pay back half. 

Trying to find a source on that, thought it was a Baseball guy who mentioned that.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 01:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: He only has to pay back half. 

Trying to find a source on that, thought it was a Baseball guy who mentioned that.

Yea I just seen where Jon Morosi said he has to forgo/repay a large portion of it. 

Still if I was him I would be doing the same thing. If you have leverage to get more money always opt for more money.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 01:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: He only has to pay back half. 

While I look for this for comparison the 32nd pick in the draft gets a $5 Million signing bonus, which is why he will demand to be taken in round 1.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 01:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: While I look for this for comparison the 32nd pick in the draft gets a $5 Million signing bonus, which is why he will demand to be taken in round 1.

He will also have to pay the 25%ish in Federal income taxes and another percentage to his agent. He's gonna have to go top 15 really.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 01:41 PM)Synric Wrote: He will also have to pay the 25%ish in Federal income taxes and another percentage to his agent. He's gonna have to go top 15 really.

He would have paid all those things on his signing bonus for baseball too. Considering it was for a team in California he was probably going to be taxed at a rate higher than what he most likely will in the NFL as well. Then when you figure his yearly salary on contract more is far superior to the minor league salary he'd play under his first 3 to 4 years of baseball Football still is the more financially sound road.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 01:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: If you believe in yourself go work at McDonalds and be the guy who rises to the top to become CEO. Again, if you got leverage why wouldn't you go work at the best possible situation to be successful?

The rumors were that his family was telling specific teams at the National Title Game he would play for them.

This is totally out of left field and makes zero sense.  Are you really saying if you believe in yourself, do not play professional sports? 

I don't see how he has so much leverage.  He's probably leveraging himself right into the third round.

And if his family is telling teams things, he can go **** a rolling donut.  He's not good enough for that kind of damn headache.   Is his family trying to make sure he won't be a first round pick?  This really seems like the path of a damn idiot.  They sound like very stupid people.  Are they named Ball?

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 02:05 PM)McC Wrote: This is totally out of left field and makes zero sense.  Are you really saying if you believe in yourself, do not play professional sports? 

I don't see how he has so much leverage.  He's probably leveraging himself right into the third round.

And if his family is telling teams things, he can go **** a rolling donut.  He's not good enough for that kind of damn headache.   Is his family trying to make sure he won't be a first round pick?  This really seems like the path of a damn idiot.  They sound like very stupid people.  Are they named Ball?

You said you appreciated Mayfield just going to the Browns and being happy to be the guy. My point is why accept just going to a horrible organization and being a feel good story when you can set yourself up for success. No one tells you or me who we have to work for, when a pro player exercises his leverage to choose his employer people freak out.

He has leverage because he has options. Haskins can’t refuse to sign if he wants to be a millionaire Murray can which means he can dictate who and who he won’t play for.

This is just ignorant all the way through.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 02:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: You said you appreciated Mayfield just going to the Browns and being happy to be the guy. My point is why accept just going to a horrible organization and being a feel good story when you can set yourself up for success. No one tells you or me who we have to work for, when a pro player exercises his leverage to choose his employer people freak out.

He has leverage because he has options. Haskins can’t refuse to sign if he wants to be a millionaire Murray can which means he can dictate who and who he won’t play for.

This is just ignorant all the way through.

Yeah the guy who may very well be too small to be an NFL QB has all  kinds of leverage.  I'm sure NFL GM's just love guys trying to leverage them. He sounds stupider by the day.  And he wouldn't be the first guy to stupid away his chances.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 02:55 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah the guy who may very well be too small to be an NFL QB has all  kinds of leverage.  I'm sure NFL GM's just love guys trying to leverage them. He sounds stupider by the day.  And he wouldn't be the first guy to stupid away his chances.

If your willing to leverage your willing for someone to call your bluff meaning you are fine taking the other option. If he does this, which that is still up in the air a bit for a couple weeks as we head into spring ball/draft, then he is willing to go play baseball if need be. There are plenty teams who want him and many believe he was better than many of the 1st round picks last year, and almost all but Haskins this year. He is actually leveraging this on the other side as well. He is actually forcing MLB to have discussions about finding ways to pay him more money than he is owed to stay and play for the A's.

He isn't "Stupiding" himself out of anything he has a guaranteed 4.6 million in the bank right now. If he can arrange himself into a better NFL situation for more money,great. If he can leverage MLB into paying him more money than he is due, great. If the worst thing that comes out of this is he has to keep his 4.6 million dollars and be a top prospect in baseball then I'd say we should all be so lucky to "stupid" ourselves into such a situation.

...and by the way he is universally considered a 1st rounder by most "experts". Obviously, those experts have been wrong before but very few have him falling below 15.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2019, 03:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: If your willing to leverage your willing for someone to call your bluff meaning you are fine taking the other option. If he does this, which that is still up in the air a bit for a couple weeks as we head into spring ball/draft, then he is willing to go play baseball if need be. There are plenty teams who want him and many believe he was better than many of the 1st round picks last year, and almost all but Haskins this year. He is actually leveraging this on the other side as well. He is actually forcing MLB to have discussions about finding ways to pay him more money than he is owed to stay and play for the A's.

He isn't "Stupiding" himself out of anything he has a guaranteed 4.6 million in the bank right now. If he can arrange himself into a better NFL situation for more money,great. If he can leverage MLB into paying him more money than he is due, great. If the worst thing that comes out of this is he has to keep his 4.6 million dollars and be a top prospect in baseball then I'd say we should all be so lucky to "stupid" ourselves into such a situation.

...and by the way he is universally considered a 1st rounder by most "experts". Obviously, those experts have been wrong before but very few have him falling below 15.

So he's playing games with both sides.  Yeah, people love that shit. Is he your hero or something?

Reply/Quote