Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Muslim teenage bride forced to commit suicide
http://www.dailywire.com/news/18566/muslim-teenage-bride-kills-herself-after-husband-michael-qazvini

Now this is some savages type stuff.

Quote:Muslim Teenage Bride Kills Herself After Husband Disbelieves Forced Virginity Tests And Demands Second Wife

July 13, 2017

Photo by: Eye Ubiquitous/UIG via Getty Images
An 18-year-old Muslim bride named Rajabbi Khurshed killed herself after her husband refused to accept the results of multiple virginity tests and demanded a second wife. The husband, 24-year-old Zafar Pirov, is now in custody in Tajikistan for his role in his young wife’s suicide. He could face up to eight years in prison.

Khurshed was married for just 40 days when she decided to take her life. From the beginning, the young girl was a victim of patriarchal mandates. Forced into an arranged marriage with a man she had never met before, Khurshed was victimized by nearly everyone and everything in her life, including her parents, her husband, and the state.

Radio Free Europe reports:

Her parents arranged the 18-year-old woman's marriage, in her native village of Chorbogh in May, to a man she'd never met. The Tajik state obliged Khurshed to undergo a prenuptial medical exam, which in her case included a virginity test that while technically optional is routinely demanded of young women by either or both families. And her new husband, 24-year-old Zafar Pirov, cast her out weeks later after humiliating her with further virginity tests and demanding that he be allowed to take a second wife.

Ultimately, Khurshed felt the need to escape the hell on the earth that she had been placed in. Drinking a fatal dose of vinegar, the teenage bride killed herself.

She told her family on her deathbed that following the forced virginity tests, she "couldn't take it any longer."

Tajikistan’s obsession with virginity has ruined many lives after a 2015 court ruling demanded that grooms and brides undergo comprehensive physical exams before getting married.

While men only need to undergo basic exams for sexually transmitted diseases, women are held to a much higher standard. So-called “purity” tests, invasive exams designed to humiliate and dehumanize women, primarily young brides, are administered to women by overzealous state-sanctioned doctors. To date, Tajikistan’s judicial docket has been flooded with hundreds of court cases involving virginity disputes. Most of the cases are brought forward by Muslim husbands who refuse to believe their wives.

Virginity’s place on the altar of veneration has facilitated the exploitation of young women across the country. Men have weaponized Islamist-inspired ideas of sexual purity to subjugate women in horrific ways. By all measures, Khurshed was a virgin. She passed all her tests and received the proper certification to prove yet. And still, her abusive husband, Pirov, rejected the veracity of the tests in a bid to procure a second wife and fulfill his desire for totalitarian control over the women that have been placed into his life against their will.

Welcome to the real war on women.
(07-14-2017, 01:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.dailywire.com/news/18566/muslim-teenage-bride-kills-herself-after-husband-michael-qazvini

Now this is some savages type stuff.  

Forced marriages are ridiculous.  Demanding a woman be a virgin to marry is crazy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-14-2017, 01:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Forced marriages are ridiculous.  Demanding a woman be a virgin to marry is crazy.

Thanks for joining the team.
(07-14-2017, 01:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Thanks for joining the team.

I'll call out any religion/culture that has crazy standards.

In another thread I mentioned I was listening to a podcast about a christian cult that encouraged pedophilia.  (They have since stopped that) The leader claimed the orders came straight from God.  

Jehovah Witnesses don't believe in blood transfusions.

The Catholic church still teaches that masturbation is a sin.

Doesn't mean I think Muslims are savages.
(07-14-2017, 01:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'll call out any religion/culture that has crazy standards.

In another thread I mentioned I was listening to a podcast about a christian cult that encouraged pedophilia.  (They have since stopped that) The leader claimed the orders came straight from God.  

Jehovah Witnesses don't believe in blood transfusions.

The Catholic church still teaches that masturbation is a sin.

Doesn't mean I think Muslims are savages.

I don't really see why either of those are "crazy". I don't think calling things "sins" are crazy, or not wanting some type of medical treatent is crazy. Now if someone tries to kill you because you masturbate or tries to kill you because you get blood transfusons then yeah, I'd say that's crazy.
(07-14-2017, 02:07 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I don't really see why either of those are "crazy". I don't think calling things "sins" are crazy, or not wanting some type of medical treatent is crazy. Now if someone tries to kill you because you masturbate or tries to kill you because you get blood transfusons then yeah, I'd say that's crazy.

Eh, I think if a guy tells you you can't play with yourself because of a line written in a book 2000+ years ago that's a little crazy.  Especially when they teach children they can potentially burn for all eternity for doing it and not telling them (confession).

Also turning down lifesaving medical procedures because of your religion also falls under crazy to me. On the extreme end you have parents who refuse all medical care and simply try to pray for a recovery...but, again to me, it all falls under crazy.
(07-14-2017, 02:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, I think if a guy tells you you can't play with yourself because of a line written in a book 2000+ years ago that's a little crazy.  Especially when they teach children they can potentially burn for all eternity for doing it and not telling them (confession).

Also turning down lifesaving medical procedures because of your religion also falls under crazy to me. On the extreme end you have parents who refuse all medical care and simply try to pray for a recovery...but, again to me, it all falls under crazy.

Well then you throw in the fact a large number of priests were playing with the little kids while the kids themselves couldn't and it was a slight bit crazy...
(07-14-2017, 02:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: Well then you throw in the fact a large number of priests were playing with the little kids while the kids themselves couldn't and it was a slight bit crazy...

That falls under the vast ocean of hypocrisy that comes from the "leaders" of the religion too.
Muslim Husband forces Muslim wife to kill herself.

Blame Christians.
(07-14-2017, 03:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Muslim Husband forces Muslim wife to kill herself.  

Blame Christians.

Whoa.  

She took her own life.  Nowhere in the article does he it say he or anyone told her to/forced her to kill herself.

I'll assume she felt she had no other options and chose the most horrible way to end her suffering.

The christian stuff is merely my explaining that I find a lot of religious elements crazy.  In no way, shape or form id I imply that christians were responsible for the situation in the article.

Having an abusive husband can transcend any religion and culture too.
(07-14-2017, 03:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Whoa.  

She took her own life.  Nowhere in the article does he it say he or anyone told her to/forced her to kill herself.

I'll assume she felt she had no other options and chose the most horrible way to end her suffering.

The christian stuff is merely my explaining that I find a lot of religious elements crazy.  In no way, shape or form id I imply that christians were responsible for the situation in the article.

Having an abusive husband can transcend any religion and culture too.

Sharia law. Husband said she failed the virginity test which forced her to kill herself.

You brought up Christians where it had no place.

Islam needs a reformation in a bad way.
Hi. The Daily Wire is the Fox news of the internet. IE: FAKE NEWS. Get with the program.
(07-14-2017, 03:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sharia law.   Husband said she failed the virginity test which forced her to kill herself.  

You brought up Christians where it had no place.  

According to the article she passed all the "virgin tests" but her husband did not believe it.

The article even says : 
Quote:Ultimately, Khurshed felt the need to escape the hell on the earth that she had been placed in. Drinking a fatal dose of vinegar, the teenage bride killed herself.

Now the article does seem slightly opinionated versus just laying out the facts, but as I said she clearly made this decision on her own.  What were her other options?  If he was allowed to take another wife would she be shunned and sent away?  I don't know. 

I mentioned other religions because I don't fall under the umbrella of those who think Muslims are alone in being crazy with their beliefs.
(07-14-2017, 02:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, I think if a guy tells you you can't play with yourself because of a line written in a book 2000+ years ago that's a little crazy.  Especially when they teach children they can potentially burn for all eternity for doing it and not telling them (confession)

Are they wrong? If so, how do you know that? 

Quote:Also turning down lifesaving medical procedures because of your religion also falls under crazy to me. On the extreme end you have parents who refuse all medical care and simply try to pray for a recovery...but, again to me, it all falls under crazy

So in other words they're crazy for having faith in God. So it basically goes back to the same question. 
(07-14-2017, 04:45 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Are they wrong? If so, how do you know that? 

Well see, now your going down a whole other path off the thread. This will end up as just another "Is religion real?" thread.
(07-14-2017, 03:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You brought up Christians where it had no place.  

Christianity has stupid tenets as do all religions, therefore his mentioning those tenets compared to stupid tenets in islam DID have a place.

No religion is exempt from needing reformation.
(07-14-2017, 04:45 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Are they wrong? If so, how do you know that? 

If they believe it, no.

I was very clear that *I* find it crazy.

(07-14-2017, 04:45 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: So in other words they're crazy for having faith in God. So it basically goes back to the same question. 

No...*I* find it crazy to hold such beliefs and to force them onto children with threats of eternal damnation.

Same as *I* find it crazy to demand your wife be a virgin or to have arranged marriages.
(07-14-2017, 04:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: Well see, now your going down a whole other path off the thread. This will end up as just another "Is religion real?" thread.

But to be fair the question wasn't out of thin air.

StLucie, does it bother that your thread is going down the hole to Wonder Land?
(07-14-2017, 04:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: If they believe it, no.

I was very clear that *I* find it crazy.

No...*I* find it crazy to hold such beliefs and to force them onto children with threats of eternal damnation.

Same as *I* find it crazy to demand your wife be a virgin or to have arranged marriages.

But it's only crazy to believe it if it's not true.
(07-14-2017, 05:03 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: But it's only crazy to believe it if it's not true.

How can I make it clearer that they do not think it is crazy.

To some it is not crazy to not eat pork.
...it is not crazy to demand your wife be a virigin.
...it is not crazy to believe a virgin was impregnated so a god could live as a man.
...it is not crazy to believe the entire universe was created in seen days.

That would be a question of faith.

*I* think such beliefs are crazy.  And no, I cannot (and no one can) prove they are "true" OR "not true".  Just that some people believe them and some people do not.

The ones that do not think some of those beliefs are crazy.  The ones that DO believe think that people who do NOT believe are crazy.

Capice?