Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Problem With Caitlyn Jenner Posing Nude For SI
Caitlyin Jenner to pose nude for Sports Illustrated Cover, wearing nothing but an American Flag and her Olympic medal.

So she's going to pose for the cover as a woman, holding her Olympic medal she won as a man?! She wants everyone to see her as a woman and says that's what she is, so why would she revert back to something that she's not?

I doubt many people will raise this question, but that's not who she is, so why's she doing it?

I have a feeling people will say "to prove that women can achieve the same things men can," but she hadn't gone through all the hormone treatments and she didn't have breasts, so it's not the same.

Here's the article:

Quote:The 66-year-old I Am Cait star (formerly known as Bruce) set a world decathlon record at the 1976 Montreal Summer Games. To celebrate the 40th anniversary of her win, she’ll pose with her gold medal for the first time post-transition, adds the source: “She’s excited about that.” (Her ex-wife Kris appeared topless with a medal during a 2007 photo shoot on Keeping Up With the Kardashians.)

Until now, Jenner says, she had stashed her “most prized possession” at the bottom of her makeup drawer.

“I never wanted my kids to feel like they had to have a gold medal in order to be considered a success,” the father of Kylie, 18, Kendall, 20, Brody, 32, Brandon, 34, Casey, 35, and Burt, 37, wrote in an August 2015 blog post. “I didn’t want them to constantly compare their own achievements to my time in the Olympics, so I haven’t displayed my medal.”

Jenner revealed her new name and identity on the July 2015 cover of Vanity Fair, and has since advocated for equality across the LGBTQ community.

“I’m very proud of this,” the reality star said of her medal in a video accompanying the blog entry. “That was a great time in my life. But to be honest with you, it’s even a greater time in my life right now with what I’m trying to accomplish.”

The Olympian’s latest triumph came amid the country’s transgender bathroom debate, when GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump, 69, permitted her to use the bathroom of her choice at his properties.

“OK, last week Donald Trump said I could take a pee anywhere in a Trump facility, so I am gonna go take a pee in the ladies' room,” Jenner shared on Facebook April 27. "Thank you, Donald. I really appreciate it.”

She can't have it both ways.
Yuck.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-06-2016, 02:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Caitlyin Jenner to pose nude for Sports Illustrated Cover, wearing nothing but an American Flag and her Olympic medal.

So she's going to pose for the cover as a woman, holding her Olympic medal she won as a man?!  She wants everyone to see her as a woman and says that's what she is, so why would she revert back to something that she's not?

I doubt many people will raise this question, but that's not who she is, so why's she doing it?  

I have a feeling people will say "to prove that women can achieve the same things men can," but she hadn't gone through all the hormone treatments and she didn't have breasts, so it's not the same.

Here's the article:

She can't have it both ways.

But other than that your excited to see her nude?   Mellow
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(05-06-2016, 02:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have a feeling people will say "to prove that women can achieve the same things men can," 

I have a feeling no one will say anything like this at all.  

Instead I think people will say that not all transgender people are weak, mentally ill losers and, in fact, some of them are strong, successful and beloved national heroes.   
I strongly suggest not buying the issue or looking at it then.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Why are so many people who have never won Olympic gold medals trying to suggest that she should no longer have the medals she earned by being one of the best athletes of her time?

Should she give up her kids too since she was a man when she had them?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-06-2016, 11:44 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why are so many people who have never won Olympic gold medals trying to suggest that she should no longer have the medals she earned by being one of the best athletes of her time?

Should she give up her kids too since she was a man when she had them?

People

are

scared

closed-minded

vindictive

dolts

(and they delude themselves into thinking they are doing the "right" thing).
(05-06-2016, 09:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have a feeling no one will say anything like this at all.  

Instead I think people will say that not all transgender people are weak, mentally ill losers and, in fact, some of them are strong, successful and beloved national heroes.   

Jenner is no hero, let alone a national one. I'm not saying she is weak or unsuccessful, but she has done SQUAT to be a national hero.
(05-06-2016, 12:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Jenner is no hero, let alone a national one. I'm not saying she is weak or unsuccessful, but she has done SQUAT to be a national hero.

I disagree.  But I think the word "hero" has many definitions.

Young and old people fighting wars our government forces them into are heros.

Police and firefighters that run INTO danger most of us would run AWAY from are heros.

A single parent raising their children right is a hero.  

A person standing up to discrimination is a hero.

An olympic star and American icon coming out like Jenner is a hero to many too afraid to do the same with much less fanfare.
(05-06-2016, 12:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Jenner is no hero, let alone a national one. I'm not saying she is weak or unsuccessful, but she has done SQUAT to be a national hero.

Pretty sure she was seen as a hero for decades for her athletic achievements and philanthropy. I think some don't see her anymore as one because of her transition. 

I can say that she isn't seen as a hero for her transitioning by many in the trans community, but I don't think anyone can take away decades of achievements simply because she's trans.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-06-2016, 12:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: I disagree.  But I think the word "hero" has many definitions.

Young and old people fighting wars our government forces them into are heros.

Police and firefighters that run INTO danger most of us would run AWAY from are heros.

A single parent raising their children right is a hero.  

A person standing up to discrimination is a hero.

An olympic star and American icon coming out like Jenner is a hero to many too afraid to do the same with much less fanfare.

If you're speaking of Jenner being a sports hero, then I wont' argue. But, we all know that people call Jenner a 'hero' for coming out as trans and that just diminishes those that ARE heroes. A rich famous person comes out as trans at a time where society has become more and more "tolerant" isn't exactly what I'd call a hero. Oooooooooooooh, she had to put up with some loudmouths sayiing hurtful and hateful things. So does pretty much EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. Does that make ALL OF US heroes? No.

Now, had Jenner come out in a time and place where she would have faced real physical danger, that's a different story. Or if she had to face some mountainous climb to get to the place where she is today, that's a different story. But considering that the only change that happened after she came out is that she became MORE famous, that's not exactly what I would qualify as a hero.

Just my opinion, of course.
(05-06-2016, 12:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Pretty sure she was seen as a hero for decades for her athletic achievements and philanthropy. I think some don't see her anymore as one because of her transition. 

I can say that she isn't seen as a hero for her transitioning by many in the trans community, but I don't think anyone can take away decades of achievements simply because she's trans.

Like I just said, if we're talking about Jenner's athletic achievements, then I won't argue the point. I personally don't put much stock into sports figures as heroes, but I understand the sentiment.

I'm speaking from the thought that she's a hero for being a trans.
"heroes" Just sayin'.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-06-2016, 12:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If you're speaking of Jenner being a sports hero, then I wont' argue. But, we all know that people call Jenner a 'hero' for coming out as trans and that just diminishes those that ARE heroes. A rich famous person comes out as trans at a time where society has become more and more "tolerant" isn't exactly what I'd call a hero. Oooooooooooooh, she had to put up with some loudmouths sayiing hurtful and hateful things. So does pretty much EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. Does that make ALL OF US heroes? No.

Now, had Jenner come out in a time and place where she would have faced real physical danger, that's a different story. Or if she had to face some mountainous climb to get to the place where she is today, that's a different story. But considering that the only change that happened after she came out is that she became MORE famous, that's not exactly what I would qualify as a hero.

Just my opinion, of course.

And you are entitled to your opinion.

But you are wrong.   Smirk
(05-06-2016, 12:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Now, had Jenner come out in a time and place where she would have faced real physical danger, that's a different story.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/denton-county-gop-sheriff-candidate-tracy-murphree-calls-for-violence-against-transgender-people-needing-to-pee-8240131

Tracy Murphree, the GOP candidate for Denton County sheriff, posted on Facebook that he’d beat up a transgender person who tried to use a bathroom where Murphree’s daughter was.

“This whole bathroom thing is craziness I have never seen,” Murphree wrote in an April 22 Facebook post. “All I can say is this: If my little girl is in a public women’s restroom and a man, regardless of how he may identify, goes into the bathroom, he will then identify as a John Doe until he wakes up in whatever hospital he may be taken to. 
(05-06-2016, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/denton-county-gop-sheriff-candidate-tracy-murphree-calls-for-violence-against-transgender-people-needing-to-pee-8240131

Tracy Murphree, the GOP candidate for Denton County sheriff, posted on Facebook that he’d beat up a transgender person who tried to use a bathroom where Murphree’s daughter was.

“This whole bathroom thing is craziness I have never seen,” Murphree wrote in an April 22 Facebook post. “All I can say is this: If my little girl is in a public women’s restroom and a man, regardless of how he may identify, goes into the bathroom, he will then identify as a John Doe until he wakes up in whatever hospital he may be taken to. 

Just another example of our society romanticizing violence and confusing violent offense with "defense."  Meh, same ol' crap.  
So when did SI start putting nude dudes in the mag?

Wow sales must be bad to attempt this stunt.
(05-06-2016, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/denton-county-gop-sheriff-candidate-tracy-murphree-calls-for-violence-against-transgender-people-needing-to-pee-8240131

Can't comment on the John Doe part...:   But if my girls were in a restroom and I saw a dude walking in there .. ( ______ or normal) I would stop them and ask them to wait until my kids were out.    
(05-06-2016, 12:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So when did SI start putting nude dudes in the mag?  

Wow sales must be bad to attempt this stunt.

ESPN Magazine's Body Issue has done it many times.

Don't know about SI.  
(05-06-2016, 01:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: ESPN Magazine's Body Issue has done it many times.

Don't know about SI.  

Gross.   Where is the vomit emoji?