Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My bone spurs are acting up...
(12-26-2018, 11:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course it is disrespectful (not showing respect). No one has any proof; other than she said and the NYT is guilty of lack of journalistic integrity, as I said their actions are worse than the daughters'. They may truly be stating what they remember. There's nothing to be gained other than disrespecting the memory of a deceased MD. 

Why would anyone care if the current Commander in Chief faked a medical condition to avoid the draft when others could not, and died in service of their country?

That was a long time ago and says nothing about his integrity today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-27-2018, 01:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: But did you read the title of the article? Doesn't bother you though.  

"Did a Queens Podiatrist Help Donald Trump Avoid Vietnam?"

Why would that bother me? It asks a question that it attempts to provide some clarity to.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-26-2018, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course many affluent youths had their medical conditions embellished to avoid the draft, (see Bill Clinton) but this article doesn't even state POTUS did it; it suggests his father made it happen.

So yes, the point is the integrity of the medical professional. But the bigger point, as I have mentioned, is the NYT making it front page "news".

I see him.

He didn't do that.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/clinton-draft-pardon/

Quote:Clinton set sail from New York to begin his first year at Oxford in October 1968. At the end of his first term in December, Clinton received a notice from the Selective Service instructing him to undergo an armed forces physical examination at a U.S. air base near London, which he took (and passed) on 13 January 1969.

He used his connections to delay his entry into the military...as he was a Rhodes Scholar and they changed the rules to include those when they were usually not before.  (Same link.)

But sure...Clinton.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-27-2018, 12:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Tough situation. By exposing that Trump didn't have bone spurs, you're saying your dad was a liar.

Yep.  But how do you show disrespect to a liar for lying?

Maybe it's in the oath....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no....