Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My take on the season and next season
Have not checked in for awhile but I must say that the past season certainly had highs and lows but I do believe that we watched a team gel over time and embrace what it means to be a team as well as learn to fight till the final whistle blew. I feel as if Taylor and the staff should be commended for the past season and while there are still gaps they are certainly headed in the right direction.

I would like to see to see the team re-sign Jessie Bates (he was huge down the stretch and admitted the contract situation distracted him early on), Quinton Spain, BJ Hill, Larry Ogunjobi, CJ Uzomah, Eli Apple, and Clark Harris...this should be completely doable. I believe they should part company with Trae Waynes.

The rumor is that they will be proactive in free agency in pursuit of O line help and I hope this is so. I would like to see them pursue Laken Tomlinson from the 49ers who graded out at a 76.0 overall. The Niners have cap issues so this could be a realistic option for them. He would be plug and play at LG and Spain could work at RG. I would make a serious pursuit of the best FA center available and that is Ryan Jenson who graded out at 70.8. Tampa may not be as appealing without Tom Brady.

I would work Jackson Carman exclusively at RT as he possibly could be the future there and I feel he is a better OT than OG. I would still invest heavily in the offensive line in the draft and continue to build as this staff has been since they have arrived.

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 09:47 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I would work Jackson Carman exclusively at RT

ooooof

No.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 09:47 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Have not checked in for awhile but I must say that the past season certainly had highs and lows but I do believe that we watched a team gel over time and embrace what it means to be a team as well as learn to fight till the final whistle blew. I feel as if Taylor and the staff should be commended for the past season and while there are still gaps they are certainly headed in the right direction.

I would like to see to see the team re-sign Jessie Bates (he was huge down the stretch and admitted the contract situation distracted him early on), Quinton Spain, BJ Hill, Larry Ogunjobi, CJ Uzomah, Eli Apple, and Clark Harris...this should be completely doable. I believe they should part company with Trae Waynes.

The rumor is that they will be proactive in free agency in pursuit of O line help and I hope this is so. I would like to see them pursue Laken Tomlinson from the 49ers who graded out at a 76.0 overall. The Niners have cap issues so this could be a realistic option for them. He would be plug and play at LG and Spain could work at RG. I would make a serious pursuit of the best FA center available and that is Ryan Jenson who graded out at 70.8. Tampa may not be as appealing without Tom Brady.

I would work Jackson Carman exclusively at RT as he possibly could be the future there and I feel he is a better OT than OG. I would still invest heavily in the offensive line in the draft and continue to build as this staff has been since they have arrived.

WHO-DEY!

I don’t know if it’s Carman but there are a few who just want to collect a pay check. I’m hearing.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 10:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I don’t know if it’s Carman but there are a few who just want to collect a pay check. I’m hearing.

interesting?

I hope not.

I thought maybe that is what x was doing.
Reply/Quote
My first reaction was I wanted to sign Jensen. But we have Hopkins for 7.1mil or pay 1.1mil to cut him. He came back from injury so fast and battled all year. I have a hard time giving up on him.

I think Carman could be the answer at RT as well if he gets his apparent medical issues fixed.
Reply/Quote
Hopkins is more of a sentimental favorite. To me he's nothing special at all, and overpaid for the $7.1M cap hit. I like Jensen but I think somebody will overpay for him. Give me Ben Jones for 2 years, $7M a year. Still a huge upgrade over Hopkins while not too outrageous of a deal. Jones is not the flashiest of names, but he's as steady, durable, and reliable as they come.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 09:47 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Have not checked in for awhile but I must say that the past season certainly had highs and lows but I do believe that we watched a team gel over time and embrace what it means to be a team as well as learn to fight till the final whistle blew. I feel as if Taylor and the staff should be commended for the past season and while there are still gaps they are certainly headed in the right direction.

WHO-DEY!

I like your thoughts here OSUfan and also believe Carman could be a very good RT. Problem is we need to know for sure.

Tomlinson, Jensen and Morgan Moses and I am down brother.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 09:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ooooof

No.

Very intuitive maybe you could expand upon this great insight? While I do not believe he is a LT at the NFL level I do feel that he could possibly be a high quality RT at the NFL level. He played LT at the collegiate level for a team that was extremely successful with him manning the blindside. Not all OT candidates make good OG candidates as the two positions are different animals and require different capabilities and not all players carry both sets of capabilities. Fred Johnson is an example. When he has played OT for the team he has performed rather well but is atrocious at OG.

Carman has actually showed rather decent athleticism at getting to the second level and picking out moving targets to block and frankly even while not being outstanding at OG I felt he outperformed Adenji at the position. 
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 08:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like your thoughts here OSUfan and also believe Carman could be a very good RT. Problem is we need to know for sure.

Tomlinson, Jensen and Morgan Moses and I am down brother.

I would have no problem with Moses being a target but there is the financial factor that must be considered. I believe that Pollack really likes D'Ante Smith as well due to some of the comments he made in terms of his ability during camp and the preseason. Unfortunately, I think he dealt with some injuries that put him behind the 8 ball. I think we have a curious trio in Carman, Smith, and Johnson. I often wonder what is keeping Fred Johnson off of the field at RT as he appears to perform pretty well whenever he has taken the field at either OT position.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 11:12 AM)OSUfan Wrote: I would have no problem with Moses being a target but there is the financial factor that must be considered. I believe that Pollack really likes D'Ante Smith as well due to some of the comments he made in terms of his ability during camp and the preseason. Unfortunately, I think he dealt with some injuries that put him behind the 8 ball. I think we have a curious trio in Carman, Smith, and Johnson. I often wonder what is keeping Fred Johnson off of the field at RT as he appears to perform pretty well whenever he has taken the field at either OT position.

Just isn't good enough at this point IMO.

Get at least 3 Free Agent O-lineman and bring back Spain. We can afford it. There are no excuses, that Superbowl just put the 
emphasis on the problem. Spend on the OL like we spent on the Defense and this team will be great. No more relying on what 
if a player can be good, we need sure things. Tomlinson, Jensen and Morgan Moses are proven vets and exactly what we need
while Pollack brings Carman, D'Ante and Fred up to speed as backups and insurance.
Reply/Quote