Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myles Murphy Is Impressing!
ESPN has a report on first impressions from all 31 first-round picks and it sounds like Murphy is a player to be excited about for us!

Quote:The combination of size and speed that Murphy displayed at his Clemson pro day has been evident during offseason workouts. He has looked as explosive as advertised in the team's position drills. Murphy's reps have predominantly been with the backups, but the Bengals had a handful of 7-on-7 reps during mandatory minicamp. Cincinnati wants Murphy to be on the field for key pass-rushing situations as the Bengals try to increase their pressure rate.

His size and speed is going to be a hell of a weapon and having him come in on pass-rushing situations is going to be a nightmare for offensive linemen!

I love that he's putting in work in position drills because, as anyone that plays football knows, those seem pointless, but you get in team drills and games and your instincts from all those drills just take over and you react without thinking.

Fine-tuning his game for the pros is also very important.

He's even impressing his teammates, which I love because, impressing your teammates helps build confidence and makes other players work hard to elevate their games.

Quote:Murphy already has an approval stamp from receiver Tee Higgins, a fellow former Clemson player.

"Lot of my friends that played with him say he's a good guy," Higgins said. "Hopefully he can come in and make an impact early."

Just one guy but it sounds like there's lots of these reports about a lot of other players on the team!
Reply/Quote
John Ross is impressing

Cedric Ogbuehi is impressing

Margus Hunt is impressing

Billy Price is impressing

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 03:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: ESPN has a report on first impressions from all 31 first-round picks and it sounds like Murphy is a player to be excited about for us!

His size and speed is going to be a hell of a weapon and having him come in on pass-rushing situations is going to be a nightmare for offensive linemen!

I love that he's putting in work in position drills because, as anyone that plays football knows, those seem pointless, but you get in team drills and games and your instincts from all those drills just take over and you react without thinking.

Fine-tuning his game for the pros is also very important.

He's even impressing his teammates, which I love because, impressing your teammates helps build confidence and makes other players work hard to elevate their games.

Just one guy but it sounds like there's lots of these reports about a lot of other players on the team!

omg...

Slow day?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
We're going to be unstoppable with Armon Binns
Reply/Quote
Myles needs to be like Trey and Sam's shadow. Learning every trick and pass rush edge he can from them. With his physical tools if he can become a technician he can be an all-pro player.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 03:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: John Ross is impressing

Cedric Ogbuehi is impressing

Margus Hunt is impressing

Billy Price is impressing

Joe Burrow is impressing

Tee Higgins is impressing

Logan Wilson is impressing

Tyler Boyd is impressing

Jessie Bates is impressing

It goes both ways

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 04:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: omg...

Slow day?

we've got a month of slow days ahead

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yeah out of curiosity I read some other teams’ rookie reports and they were all the same. Kid looks great!
Too early to tell anything about them and no one is going to say “we screwed up - this guy sucks” . I hope Murphy ends up being a great pass rusher but any report this time of year is just fluff.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 04:40 PM)pally Wrote: we've got a month of slow days ahead

And it was like the first few rolls of monopoly in that everybody is buying. All the rookies in that article are worth their weight in gold. Physically I’ve heard they are absolutely ecstatic with him. But I hear Battle has been the most impressive but that could be attributed to he was most ready with all his experience and tutelage at Bama under Saban’s close watchful eye on the secondary
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

The period between the draft and training camp is the worst.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 04:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The period between the draft and training camp is the worst.

yeah and it gets worse about now when everyone goes on vacation from the Coaches and players to the reporters.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Fast days are occurring in baseball right now :) The Reds are joining the citywide revolution that the Bengals and FC Cincy started Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 05:07 PM)pally Wrote: yeah and it gets worse about now when everyone goes on vacation from the Coaches and players to the reporters.  

(06-20-2023, 05:09 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Fast days are occurring in baseball right now :) The Reds are joining the citywide revolution that the Bengals and FC Cincy started Big Grin

It's good that the Reds are doing really well now, but it sucks because for some stupid reason the Reds are still considered in-market all the way down here so I can't get MLB.tv.

And there's no Bally Sports station down here that shows the Reds every time.

And no, I'm not going to spoof my location or watch some illegal stream just to watch.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The news is depressing
Reply/Quote
I remember a time when, you watched the Super Bowl, read about who got drafted and players in TC from the local sports page. Then 1 day at the beginning of September, the 1st game of the season started.... We are spoiled now days.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 03:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: ESPN has a report on first impressions from all 31 first-round picks and it sounds like Murphy is a player to be excited about for us!

It seems that ESPN had great things to say about each of the first 30 of the 31 first-round picks in that article, with the 31st one injured. In fact, they used the word "impressed" and "Impressive" 13 times alone in the article, along with explosive, smart, even "insane" for Kincaid's performance. It's a major puff piece on first-round picks. 
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 08:15 PM)Nepa Wrote: It seems that ESPN had great things to say about each of the first 30 of the 31 first-round picks in that article, with the 31st one injured. In fact, they used the word "impressed" and "Impressive" 13 times alone in the article, along with explosive, smart, even "insane" for Kincaid's performance. It's a major puff piece on first-round picks. 

I said it kinda reminded of the first few rolls of monopoly everybody’s buying
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 04:32 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Joe Burrow is impressing

Tee Higgins is impressing

Logan Wilson is impressing

Tyler Boyd is impressing

Jessie Bates is impressing

It goes both ways

Chase not impressing! LOL!
Reply/Quote
Unsure how this equals impressing teammates:

"Lot of my friends that played with him say he's a good guy," Higgins said. "Hopefully he can come in and make an impact early." --
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 08:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unsure how this equals impressing teammates:

"Lot of my friends that played with him say he's a good guy," Higgins said. "Hopefully he can come in and make an impact early." --

A good guy and hope.

20 sackszn coming up!!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote