Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Myles Murphy is a Bum
It is great seeing Miles make some plays and get adjusted to the NFL ahead of schedule. Hopefully he lights up the Steelers Saturday!
Reply/Quote
Good to see Myles progressing.
I liked the pick when we made it.

We needed depth on the edge and along the dline.
I assumed he would take time to develop his pass rush moves.

But he's a high character guy who wants to win.
He's driven, has a high motor.

I think his floor is a Hubbard type player.
Is his ceiling as high as Justin Smith?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Played great against the Vikings. A sack, a few pressures and a few really nice run stops. Really like Myles Murphy.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:35 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Reddest of flags was when we extended Hendrickson at the start of the season.

Why is Murphy assberries?

The joke is squarely in your pants now.
Reply/Quote
This thread aged like milk. We are going to need him to continue his rapid improvement with no DJ Reader. Can't wait to see him gain confidence and step up for us. Id love to see the coaches kick Hubbard inside to 3 tech on passing downs to let Myles get after it at DE.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 11:10 PM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: The joke is squarely in your pants now.

Always was.... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 06:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He only comes around when the Bengals are losing.

Exactly.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Did this vs one of the best LTs in the league.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
I'm not as good at analyzing player performance from a x's and o's pov like some are but it seems like Myles is getting better and better the more live reps he gets. Imo, he's gonna be a dandy in years to come. A keeper!
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 06:44 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote:
Did this vs one of the best LTs in the league.

Thanks for the vid BTG. Nice seeing Murphy with a nice move with that balance and strength. Should be a really special player down the 
road and this shows why he was mentioned as being maybe the most talented End in the last Draft and was supposed to go in the teens
by every mock Draft I saw.

(12-19-2023, 06:50 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I'm not as good at analyzing player performance from a x's and o's  pov like some are but it seems like Myles is  getting better and better the more live reps he gets. Imo, he's gonna be a dandy in years to come. A keeper!

Oh yeah, he just keeps getting better and better especially in the pass rushing department. Great to see.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 06:44 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Did this vs one of the best LTs in the league.

Christian Darrisaw  23rd overall Draft pick in 2021  (3rd Season in the NFL)

Myles Murphy  28th overall Draft pick in 2023  (Rookie)*

*Chalk one up for the "Murphy is not a Bum" crowd
Reply/Quote
I feared he'd be a bust and end up injured so much, but I have been shocked at how he's come on and the level of play he is showing!

Like someone mentioned, I'd love to kick Hubbard inside on passing downs and watch teams try and block us!

I love his motor and determination to get to the quarterback!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:35 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Reddest of flags was when we extended Hendrickson at the start of the season.

Why is Murphy assberries?

Poster of the year in 2023
http://thebengalsboard.com/search.php?action=results&sid=95661ebb8f901f1de2329184fc0f2a68
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 08:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I feared he'd be a bust and end up injured so much, but I have been shocked at how he's come on and the level of play he is showing!

Like someone mentioned, I'd love to kick Hubbard inside on passing downs and watch teams try and block us!

I love his motor and determination to get to the quarterback!

Why does everyone keep wanting to kick Sam inside? He is the best DE in the league at setting the edge against the run.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 08:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Exactly.....

To borrow one of his own phrases, "he sus".....
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 09:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why does everyone keep wanting to kick Sam inside? He is the best DE in the league at setting the edge against the run.

You can collapse the pocket in different ways when you move edge guys inside on passing downs. Plus if they're big ends like Hubbard and Murphy you can still retain some bull rushing ability.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 09:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why does everyone keep wanting to kick Sam inside? He is the best DE in the league at setting the edge against the run.

You can do it on obvious passing downs.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 09:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Poster of the year in 2023
http://thebengalsboard.com/search.php?action=results&sid=95661ebb8f901f1de2329184fc0f2a68

Yikes that post history might be the most negative thing ive ever seen.  You know you are pessimistic when you stick out amongst Bengals fans  Hilarious

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 10:37 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Yikes that post history might be the most negative thing ive ever seen.  You know you are pessimistic when you stick out amongst Bengals fans  Hilarious

It’s almost like there should be a word for that type of online poster…

Reply/Quote

Just on passing downs. 

I think it would help to collapse the pocket and get the quarterback moving, which is where Murphy cleans it up.
Reply/Quote