Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Myles Murphy is a Bum
(11-29-2023, 10:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'm surprised how many think they are planning to keep both Hendrickson and Hubbard long term...

Two years in the NFl can be looked at as long term. Hubbard is signed through age 30 season and Hendrickson age 31.

I don’t think anyone is expecting them to get re-signed (again) before their current contracts are up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 10:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'm surprised how many think they are planning to keep both Hendrickson and Hubbard long term...

I'm surprised you don't.

You can never have too many quality DE's in today's NFL

BTW. Murphy was NEVER a replacement pick. He was a BPA at a premium position pick all the way.
Reply/Quote

I am NOT surprised that you don't realize that 28 year olds having 3 years on their contract is long term.

I am NOT surprised that you don't realize that Murphy was absolutely a BPA draft pick, they said it 1000 times.

It is going to be a long offseason with these nonstop uninformed takes.

Reply/Quote
it is going to be a long offseason for you given how easily I trigger you.... I'll be around giving my opinion as I always do.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Where else would the money go on D?

Hubbard at 10M
Trey at like 17. Reader is leaving, BJ Hills deal is almost up. No Bates or Bell making big money. Awuzie coming off the books. We could definitely sign Hubbard and Trey at least for as long as it takes for CTB and Turner to become free agents. I’m guessing CTB is gonna get PAID.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 12:26 AM)Joelist Wrote: I would not expect either Trey or Sam to be let go. This defense already lacks sufficient pass rush so if Murphy is improving in that it helps the shortcoming. I do expect to see some looks where Murphy is inside among other things.

Of course we aren't letting them go. They are here next year and we need to add another End to the fold to go along with 
Murphy for the future, especially if Ossai continues to be hurt or has just disappeared like it seems.

(11-29-2023, 03:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Please no. We already have one “tweener” in Zach Carter.

Damn rights. I don't mind moving Murphy to the inside on passing downs in order to get the most pass rushers on the field 
but he is still an Edge rusher first and foremost. We need to add a pure 3-tech that can collapse the pocket. BJ Hill is good, 
but he isn't a Geno Atkins either which is what we need and Zach Carter isn't either like we were all hoping.

(11-29-2023, 09:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Bengals play in the AFCN. No way they are going to let the best run stopping DE in the league go to another team. Especially someone like Hubbard, who they love.

We will see after next season, still love Hubbard but if Murphy and another Edge emerge we might let Hubbard go somewhere 
else once his contract is up.

We aren't we would of gave Trey more than just a one year extension after this season if we were.

DJ Reader hasn't shown much fall off this year though and is on the last year of his deal and we do not have a replacement 
on the roster. I expect him to be given at least a 1 year extension, it would be the smart thing to do.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 10:52 AM)BengalBob Wrote: You can never have too many quality DE's in today's NFL

BTW.  Murphy was NEVER a replacement pick.  He was a BPA at a premium position pick all the way.

This. Hubbard plays 75-80 percent of snaps. Hendrickson plays 65-70. Plenty of snaps available in the DE rotation.

Also note that since Taylor arrived Bengals will not give anything more than a 1 year deal to any player 30 or older.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 03:25 PM)Bing Ghuls Wrote: This. Hubbard plays 75-80 percent of snaps. Hendrickson plays 65-70. Plenty of snaps available in the DE rotation.

Also not that since Taylor arrived Bengals will not give anything more than a 1 year deal to any player 30 or older.

Agree that Murphy was not a replacement pick as much as Dax Hill was for Bates, more insurance and was a premium position
pick as Bob said. Most who were researching the Draft never saw Murphy falling to 28. Didn't happen in nearly any Mock Draft 
I saw before hand. We are seeing why now, took awhile for Murphy to learn moves and how to have a plan when rushing the 
passer. His athleticism is special and he could be great value on down the road, he is already a good run stopper.

BTW, I do hope we give Reader a 1 year deal as we do not have a replacement for him on the roster Tupou is also on the last
year of his contract and isn't the answer anyways. We need to draft a stud NT for the future and pass rushing End like Trey 
hopefully.
Reply/Quote
Myles was drafted cause we need a future starter there and quality Depth that can get after the QB. Hubbard and Hendrickson need breaks every now and then. They aren't as good when they are gassed in the 4th Q when we need that drive killing sack the most!
Reply/Quote
The DE position is one of the highly paid positions on defense:
DE
CB

Myles was drafted to learn to play at an NFL level and not be starter. The future of Trey and Hubbard will depend on them being able to live with making 60% less on their next contracts being over 30 years old, if not Myles will replace one of them.

The way fans run their mouths about human beings sickens me. No, Myles is not a bum regardless whether he is a great NFL player or not.

Myles played well against the Steelers. Some fans expect way too much from rookies, especially those draft in late round 1 or later.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 10:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The DE position is one of the highly paid positions on defense:
DE
CB

Myles was drafted to learn to play at an NFL level and not be starter. The future of Trey and Hubbard will depend on them being able to live with making 60% less on their next contracts being over 30 years old, if not Myles will replace one of them.

The way fans run their mouths about human beings sickens me. No, Myles is not a bum regardless whether he is a great NFL player or not.

Myles played well against the Steelers. Some fans expect way too much from rookies, especially those draft in late round 1 or later.

To be fair, the originator of this thread is a jerk and makes these types of comments often. He is not like the rest.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 11:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: To be fair, the originator of this thread is a jerk and makes these types of comments often. He is not like the rest.

I agree most fans treat our players and coaches with respect. I have no issue calling out poor play, it is the few that use personal attacks that sicken me. I suggest to those fans that have the urge to act out with personal attacks, count to 10 while asking yourself a question, would you attack players face to face?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 10:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The DE position is one of the highly paid positions on defense:
DE
CB

I find Myle’s case ESPECIALLY lame because the coaches themselves came out and said he was a few years away from being what he’s gonna be in the NFL.

And it’s like ppl weren’t listening or thought they were playing around because i don’t see how ppl are this mad he did so bad in the 1st half of the season. THEY TOLD US IT WOULD HAPPEN
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 11:24 AM)Housh Wrote: I find Myle’s case ESPECIALLY lame because the coaches themselves came out and said he was a few years away from being what he’s gonna be in the NFL.

And it’s like ppl weren’t listening or thought they were playing around because i don’t see how ppl are this mad he did so bad in the 1st half of the season. THEY TOLD US IT WOULD HAPPEN

Yes, it was expected by everyone who knew anything about Myles Murphy that he would take time. Honestly, I think he is ahead
of schedule with the way he looked against that stealers OL and a top OL in Broderick Jones and others. Agree with Luvnit that it 
is disgusting how some people like to attack a player like the OP who looks like an even bigger jackass now that Myles is coming 
around.
Reply/Quote
Some people who were never more than "Joeybagofdonuts" just sit on the couch and call players terms like "bums" because it somehow makes them feel superior. These are the same people who criticize the military or police but never served on anything but "Meal Team 6" or got closer than "Adam 12"
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2023, 10:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Myles was drafted to learn to play at an NFL level and not be starter. The future of Trey and Hubbard will depend on them being able to live with making 60% less on their next contracts being over 30 years old, if not Myles will replace one of them.

I wouldn't expect them to give the team a discount.. Both of them. I think Myles replaces 1. 

Reply/Quote
Folks have to quit acting like they really know anything about the people behind these usernames.... The personal attacks have gotten out of control.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Where's OP?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 06:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Where's OP?

He only comes around when the Bengals are losing.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote