Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Myles Murphy is a Bum
(11-27-2023, 03:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I didn't like the pick initially and thought we should of taken a TE there, but I like Ivey now a lot honestly.

With Murphy finally showing up as a rookie, we had a good Draft last year. Murphy could grow into a great Edge rusher/
Run Defender with his athleticism and strength. We saw his potential for the first time really yesterday. I always knew it 
was going to take time with him.

Now he just needs to stack a couple of good games back to back and get that confidence up a little. Like you and others, Ossai has me concerned.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:35 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Reddest of flags was when we extended Hendrickson at the start of the season.

Why is Murphy assberries?

Don't blame Myles for sucking......blame the Bengals coaching staff for actually thinking he was worthy of a first round pick.
Reply/Quote

Encouraging.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 05:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Encouraging.

He is coming along for sure. Might actually end up being a great pick once he gets moves down and has a plan.

MM needs to learn to play disciplined and not overpursue. I think he is learning this from watching him play yesterday.

He has tons of talent, he was just so raw coming out.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:35 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Reddest of flags was when we extended Hendrickson at the start of the season.

Why is Murphy assberries?

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 04:34 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Don't blame Myles for sucking......blame the Bengals coaching staff for actually thinking he was worthy of a first round pick.

Drew Sample thinks that Myles Murphy was drafted too high.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
He's still 21 years old he wont be 22 until January. He is very young and has flashed some explosion he may get really good next few years. This thread is a bum.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
I’d really really love to see Myles as weak side pass coverage linebacker but Lou is in love with 2 linebacker sets so idk if we’ll ever get that. Myles is so fast and athletic i just have a personal curiosity as to if he could do well in zone coverage occasionally.

Probably not as Clemson didn’t ask him to cover and Lou probably won’t ask that either but it’s just his physical profile has me intrigued
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Looks like he, like virtually every other NFL rookie, is taking some time getting used to the new scene and won't be his best self in the first half of his first season with limited snaps. Patience is a very good
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 05:13 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: He's still 21 years old he wont be 22 until January.  He is very young and has flashed some explosion he may get really good next few years.  This thread is a bum.

Between Casaer's PFF grades and what we saw on Sunday we actually might of got a future All Pro and just what we needed for 
when Hendrickson leaves. Need to add another pass rusher or have Cam Sample and Ossai grow into great pass rushers but to see
Myles Murphy looking like this as a rookie is very encouraging for our future pass rush, and yes BJ Hill obliterated Daniels on this 
play, BJ Hill is a very good DT.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 02:09 PM)Housh Wrote: I’d really really love to see Myles as weak side pass coverage linebacker but Lou is in love with 2 linebacker sets so idk if we’ll ever get that. Myles is so fast and athletic i just have a personal curiosity as to if he could do well in zone coverage occasionally.

Probably not as Clemson didn’t ask him to cover and Lou probably won’t ask that either but it’s just his physical profile has me intrigued

You never know.... sometimes Lou will drop Hubbard into coverage, and I seem to recall Hendrickson doing it a little. You might see Murphy doing that at some point.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 02:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: You never know.... sometimes Lou will drop Hubbard into coverage, and I seem to recall Hendrickson doing it a little. You might see Murphy doing that at some point.

BTW, Hubbard dropped into coverage a lot against the stealers and it wasn't good in this game. The TE was to the left of him on one 
play where if he just moved into the passing lane, he could of had an interception or at the very least would of caused an incompletion.

Hubbard needs to get better at feeling the coverage as well does our LB's right now in Pratt and even Logan Wilson.

Murphy very well could be used like Hubbard is for all we know if Hubbard keeps playing like that when dropping back.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Between Casaer's PFF grades and what we saw on Sunday we actually might of got a future All Pro and just what we needed for 
when Hendrickson leaves. 

They've chose to keep Hendrickson over Hubbard. Which is who Murphy is now set to replace given Hendrickson's extension. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 02:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BTW, Hubbard dropped into coverage a lot against the stealers and it wasn't good in this game. The TE was to the left of him on one 
play where if he just moved into the passing lane, he could of had an interception or at the very least would of caused an incompletion.

Hubbard needs to get better at feeling the coverage as well does our LB's right now in Pratt and even Logan Wilson.

Murphy very well could be used like Hubbard is for all we know if Hubbard keeps playing like that when dropping back.

I didn't catch that one, but hell, I saw Friermuth running all over the place, lol. 

Agree on the lacking coverage for sure.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 02:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: They've chose to keep Hendrickson over Hubbard. Which is who Murphy is now set to replace given Hendrickson's extension. 

I would be highly shocked if Hubbard goes anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 02:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: They've chose to keep Hendrickson over Hubbard. Which is who Murphy is now set to replace given Hendrickson's extension. 

Trey is only here for one more year unless we extend him again, but yeah, Murphy is more of the player to replace Hubbard as he is 
already a good run stopper, but could end up being a much better pass rusher. Just saying it is very encouraging for the future seeing
Myles Murphy come around as a rookie. I thought it might take more time than it has honestly.

(11-28-2023, 02:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: I didn't catch that one, but hell, I saw Friermuth running all over the place, lol. 

Agree on the lacking coverage for sure.

We need to get so much better at covering the TE, this is by far the biggest problem on Defense right now besides stopping the run.

This could be a mix of things. I know I saw Nick Scott mess up a lot in coverage when TE's have gone off against us. I think Battle 
should really help as Dax will as they learn. But when an End drops back and he used to be a former Safety you would think he would 
be a little better feeling coverage in space than Hubbard looked against the stealers and Muth who tore us a new one.

Still am not liking how the Defense all tries to play like Pratt in keeping the runner up in the air and always stripping at the ball. This 
had to add alot to our bad numbers in run Defense and just hasn't worked this season. If we were getting more strips I would be fine with
it, but it does skew our numbers and makes Reader, BJ Hill and our DL overall look bad.
Reply/Quote
Letting Friermuth have a career game was silliness. And it was our usual coverage issue where TEs and Receivers gravitate to the "borders" between our zones probably in part because they know that all season our DBs have failed to read the developing play and flow to the receivers - they sit in their zones way too long. Goodberry showed this as it happened versus the Texans and it has been a problem all season:

https://youtu.be/PvlI6gj7u7U?si=YsejPvDd5UwCYU18
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 02:09 PM)Housh Wrote: I’d really really love to see Myles as weak side pass coverage linebacker but Lou is in love with 2 linebacker sets so idk if we’ll ever get that. Myles is so fast and athletic i just have a personal curiosity as to if he could do well in zone coverage occasionally.

What is your obsession with the 4-3 defense that we do NOT play?  Murphy is 280 Pounds.  Who will he cover?  He has never played LB.  DJ Reader is the only dlineman we have on the roster that could play a 4-3 today and that is NT.  

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 03:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: What is your obsession with the 4-3 defense that we do NOT play?  Murphy is 280 Pounds.  Who will he cover?  He has never played LB.  DJ Reader is the only dlineman we have on the roster that could play a 4-3 today and that is NT.  

4-3 is kinda a personal fave formation ngl

But I’m just curious as to if he could be asked to fall back in zone OCCASIONALLY
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 04:17 PM)Housh Wrote: 4-3 is kinda a personal fave formation ngl

But I’m just curious as to if he could be asked to fall back in zone OCCASIONALLY

I know, you have said it for years.  You would love to be Cowboys fan, LOL.  

Of course we drop guys when we blitz, Sam, Trey and BJ all do it, but they are not there to cover anyone, just disrupt a hot read throw. 

There is no doubt that Murphy would get destroyed trying to cover receivers multiple times each game, but with his speed and cone drill numbers he is the one guy that could actually make a huge a play in a drop back situation.  I could see him being the one to actually grab an interception.  

Im really glad to see him playing better.

Reply/Quote