Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mystery visit?
Reel in Collins and the mystery man
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:12 PM)QueenCity Wrote: It's Jarran Reed from KC Chiefs

Sorry for the wet blanket guys...

Jarron Reed

He flashed game-changing potential in 2018 when he tallied 10.5 sacks and 50 combined tackles at Seatle.

Some players just seem to hit another gear in the playoffs. Reed is one of those players. He was amongst PFF’s best-graded Chiefs in both the AFC divisional and conference championship. His fourth-quarter sack of Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen arguably kept Kansas City in the game.  He ended the Bills’ drive, as Buffalo only trailed by two points.

Reed came to Kansas City as primarily a pass-rushing player but exhibited some run-stuffing chops up the middle. In Week 13 against the Denver Broncos, Reed earned a 90.3 run defense from PFF, amongst the league’s best that week.

If nothing else, Reed was consistent throughout this season. He appeared in all 17 games, recording at least a pressure in 12 of those games. The power of availability cannot be ignored at the NFL level. Plus, the Chiefs may be looking at a surge of young talent on the offensive front. The steady, veteran presence of Reed could help any team.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Possibly Jarran Reed? They were interested in him last offseason.

For my prize my table whiskey is Jim Beam.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Is Reed any good? Don't know much about the guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:12 PM)QueenCity Wrote: It's Jarran Reed from KC Chiefs

36 tackles and 3 sacks last year, with a 46.7 grade, all according to PFF.

Obviously we'd be buying low. He's had much greater success in the past.

Including seasons with 9 and 11 sacks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Will we get:
[Image: d6bf6905b7a417b23b861f1f835eb12a.jpg]

or

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7jeFXpUVvq0nHrhryAoS...Y&usqp=CAU]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 36 tackles and 3 sacks last year, with a 46.7 grade, all according to PFF.

Obviously we'd be buying low. He's had much greater success in the past.

Including seasons with 9 and 11 sacks.

2 mill?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:19 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Is Reed any good? Don't know much about the guy.

Reply/Quote
If it's Reed (sounds like it is) he should come with a decent contract.

edit: by decent I mean nothing to break the bank on. But all these nickle and dime contracts are taking Tretter out of the picture (assuming we bag Collins).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
All that talk about a mystery free agent "supposedly a good one" and build up... and it's Jarran Reed. Alright but nothing to get excited about.

Wake me up when they sign Tretter and Collins.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote:  

oh come on...I could probably sack burrow lining up against our oline.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: All that talk about a mystery free agent "supposedly a good one" and build up... and it's Jarran Reed. Alright but nothing to get excited about.

I already apologized......

[Image: full]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: All that talk about a mystery free agent "supposedly a good one" and build up... and it's Jarran Reed. Alright but nothing to get excited about.

Would be a very good Ogunjobi replacement, but for sure. Collins is the big fish.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:19 PM)Synric Wrote: For my prize my table whiskey is Jim Beam.

Devil's Cut is amazingly good over an ice ball.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's funny. I have a couple drinks checking the site from here and there and now there's like 3,000 members on this board
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:25 PM)basballguy Wrote: oh come on...I could probably sack burrow lining up against our oline.  

Was that the Bengals oline? I thought it was a group of matadors....

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47c5l7pk9f8uo8ddjxcy...y.gif&ct=g]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: If it's Reed (sounds like it is) he should come with a decent contract.

edit: by decent I mean nothing to break the bank on. But all these nickle and dime contracts are taking Tretter out of the picture (assuming we bag Collins).

I mean Tretter could have a 1st yr number near the Hopkins number for a wash.  That would be crazy to have that much money spent on the DL though before solving 2 starting OL spots though. 
Reply/Quote

I'm just getting drunk. I can't take it anymore
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
In other news... AFC getting crazy..

Reply/Quote