Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mystery visit?
(03-17-2022, 08:56 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Pre injury he was average. Post injury he is just not the same. Allowed pressure right up Joe’s grill all too often. He needs to go and Burrow needs an actual pocket to stand in.

Yeah he had a rough start to the year, but he played way better in the back half of last year. I'm not saying that we shouldn't try to get someone like Tretter. It's just not even close to our need for RG or RT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:52 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Let's take a step back there for a sec. Hopkins isn't THAT bad, and you can't really put all the blame on him when the two players next to you are Spain and Adeniji. I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he's about average to slightly below average.

Spain was very solid for us last year. Better than Hopkins that’s for sure. Thing with Hopkins is, he may be better in 2022 after getting healthy. He was fresh off injury last year and his play declined. Which Hopkins will you get? Your guess is as good as mine, but 2021 Hopkins isn’t going to cut it.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:55 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And this is why we need to continue to sign talented players. Teams are NOT ***** around. 

The AFC is so stacked. It's just freaking nuts
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Collins visiting tonight but rumors are another free agent is in the building right now....

No idea who it is yet.. but supposedly a good one.

What is the source Collins is visiting? I saw the mystery guy was Reed, not what I would call a major upgrade to our DL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What is the source Collins is visiting? I saw the mystery guy was Reed, not what I would call a major upgrade to our DL

Collins is going to be in Cincinnati by 10:00
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:52 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Let's take a step back there for a sec. Hopkins isn't THAT bad, and you can't really put all the blame on him when the two players next to you are Spain and Adeniji. I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he's about average to slightly below average.

When it comes to run blocking and getting a push up the middle? Yes, he 100% is that bad.

Let me take you back in time... the year is 2016. A Browns Center heading into his age 31 season hits free agency. The Bengals say "Bodine isn't THAT bad" and don't try for Alex Mack, who goes to the Falcons. Matt Ryan has the best year of his career and is MVP, the Falcons are 5th in rushing YPC, they go to the Super Bowl. The Bengals meanwhile have an OL flop, are 23rd in rushing YPC, and Bodine is only on the team for 1 more bad year before being out of the league 1 year after that.

Don't make the EXACT same mistake twice. Alex Mack = JC Tretter.. the situations are similar to a shocking degree. Cap space isn't an issue, so why settle for a subpar player when the solution to your problem is RIGHT there?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Someone start staking out Wendy's.

Ninja

You mean White Castle?

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Collins visiting tonight but rumors are another free agent is in the building right now....

No idea who it is yet.. but supposedly a good one.

We need to spread out all over town and stake out Frisch’s, Wendy’s, and Jeff Ruby’s.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What is the source Collins is visiting? I saw the mystery guy was Reed, not what I would call a major upgrade to our DL

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474r6idue8l7hx8sabs5...y.gif&ct=g]

Reply/Quote

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We need to spread out all over town and stake out Frisch’s, Wendy’s, and Jeff Ruby’s.

It's at the precinct
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Do you remember the days that no free agent would sign with the Bengals or they would just use Bengals for leverage and then laugh at the team? Not freaking anymore. The Bengals are a destination team!
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Raiders won't be back to the playoffs for awhile. 5 year 141 million for a WR. LOLz

What do you think Chase will cost? Honest question. I would expect pretty close to this. Assuming he keeps up at the level he played
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Also, look for the station wagon with the "B" spinner wheels and handicap sticker hanging from the mirror.
You've given me an idea for my derby car this summer......
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:25 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: What do you think Chase will cost? Honest question. I would expect pretty close to this. Assuming he keeps up at the level he played

35 million a year the way these contracts are going. 

Then you're going to have to give Burrow 50 million. The. Higgins...yeah. It's gonna be interesting.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:19 PM)Synric Wrote: For my prize my table whiskey is Jim Beam.

Sorry.

All you are getting are rep points.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:25 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: What do you think Chase will cost? Honest question. I would expect pretty close to this. Assuming he keeps up at the level he played

Good news we have Chased locked up through 2025 and Burrow through 2024. It is a huge advantage for us versus teams paying QB's 40 to 50 million a year now
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: In other news...  AFC getting crazy..

Who cares, the raiders get big name wrs all the time and it never works. Ask Moss... This is gonna blow up in their face... 28 mill a year? 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Then you're going to have to give Burrow 50 million. The. Higgins...yeah. It's gonna be interesting.

Hey, if we can't complain about the present lets complain about the future, right?

We will never be able to keep both Higgins and Chase.  Higgins would be WR1 on a lot of NFL teams.
Reply/Quote
we better win now.
Reply/Quote