Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mystery visit?
(03-19-2022, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Danielle Hunter opposite Hendrickson with Hubbard and Reader inside would be lethal on passing downs.  He's a relatively low stock for a high end talent.  

How is he low stock and how would we get Danielle Hunter?

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:01 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How is he low stock and how would we get Danielle Hunter?

I think injuries are playing into low stock
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:02 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think injuries are playing into low stock

I dont understand the premise.. has 2 years left on his contract, they wouldnt cut him and a trade would be expensive.  He has a 18M roster bonus today.  

Just confused as to the mention?  

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:09 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont understand the premise.. has 2 years left on his contract, they wouldnt cut him and a trade would be expensive.  He has a 18M roster bonus today.  

Just confused as to the mention?  

Oh wait, I forgot that he’s not a FA, my bad.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 12:01 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How is he low stock and how would we get Danielle Hunter?

He had injuries each of the last two seasons, but had 15 sacks each season before that....if he was coming off back to back 15 sack seasons, not only couldn't we afford the contract, but his agent would be pushing for a new one.

I have no idea how we would get him until you call the Vikings.  They would want trade capital to get out of his contract.  I would at least see what they want for him.

The contract fits the Bengals perfectly as they have cash to spend this year, but don't want to occupy future cap space.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 10:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He had injuries each of the last two seasons, but had 15 sacks each season before that....if he was coming off back to back 15 sack seasons, not only couldn't we afford the contract, but his agent would be pushing for a new one.

I have no idea how we would get him until you call the Vikings.  They would want trade capital to get out of his contract.  I would at least see what they want for him.

The contract fits the Bengals perfectly as they have cash to spend this year, but don't want to occupy future cap space.  

He is not on the trade table, but if he was you think the Bengals would give up draft picks and pay him $20M this season with a $26M cap hit?  He is also an $8.6M cap hit next year.

He's a good player, I just dont see the reasoning?

Reply/Quote
Back to the OP, did we ever get any reports other than he (Reed) visited? Did he like his visit? Is he an option to sign? What kind of contract might he be looking for/at?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:09 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Back to the OP, did we ever get any reports other than he (Reed) visited? Did he like his visit? Is he an option to sign? What kind of contract might he be looking for/at?

Left without signing a contract is the only word I have gotten.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:18 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Left without signing a contract is the only word I have gotten.

Thanks, was also interested in this as it would affect who we drafted.

Awesome we got Collins like we wanted. This is all I wanted to hear this weekend. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 03:10 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He is not on the trade table, but if he was you think the Bengals would give up draft picks and pay him $20M this season with a $26M cap hit?  He is also an $8.6M cap hit next year.

He's a good player, I just dont see the reasoning?

I posted a link on a post about him specifically that reported the Vikings were shopping him.

As far as the money goes, he would be a big hit this year (Bengals have LOTS of cash left this year, but not as much cap space) but it basically averages less than $15 million per year and that is way less than top tier DEs are getting.  I still see him as a top tier DE and he would be basically a two year rental and then a compensatory pick when he leaves.  

I am not ready to just rely on Ossai coming back healthy.  They need more pass rush.  Maybe the draft will supply help there, but I liked the idea.  
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I posted a link on a post about him specifically that reported the Vikings were shopping him.

As far as the money goes, he would be a big hit this year (Bengals have LOTS of cash left this year, but not as much cap space) but it basically averages less than $15 million per year and that is way less than top tier DEs are getting.  I still see him as a top tier DE and he would be basically a two year rental and then a compensatory pick when he leaves.  

I am not ready to just rely on Ossai coming back healthy.  They need more pass rush.  Maybe the draft will supply help there, but I liked the idea.  

I didnt see that link, I was wondering where it was coming from. He is a stud. As much as I like Hubbard, I'd love to see him take another step, not sure it's his game. We most likely draft edge and Wyatt Huber has a nonstop motor, be interesting to see if he makes the squad.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 07:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I posted a link on a post about him specifically that reported the Vikings were shopping him.

If we could swing it for Danielle Hunter I would be all for it. Always liked this guy on the Vikes. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we could swing it for Danielle Hunter I would be all for it. Always liked this guy on the Vikes. Smirk

Me too.  It's very unlikely but the "massive money this year and so much less next year" gave me pause due to the situation the Bengals are dealing with before Burrow's next contract.  
Reply/Quote
Signed with the Pack today.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 06:42 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Signed with the Pack today.

Actually his stats weren’t all that good. I’d rather have ogunjobi back on a 1 year prove it deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:18 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Left without signing a contract is the only word I have gotten.

According to Spotrac Reed signed a 1 year deal with Seattle today.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 06:59 PM)pulses Wrote: According to Spotrac Reed signed a 1 year deal with Seattle today.

I thought it was the Packers?

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 06:56 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Actually his stats weren’t all that good. I’d rather have ogunjobi back on a 1 year prove it deal

I would too

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 07:01 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I thought it was the Packers?

Spotrac says Seattle but I see where it says Packers on another site so who knows.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 06:56 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Actually his stats weren’t all that good.  I’d rather have ogunjobi back on a 1 year prove it deal

Same, thought Jarran Reed would of been better in the NFL but he has flopped. Just another case of knowing nothing 
about a player until he plays in the NFL. Ogunjobi is the much better pro 3-tech, if we bring him back I just hope he is
100% before the season starts.
Reply/Quote