Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NATION WITH CRUMBLING BRIDGES AND ROADS EXCITED TO BUILD GIANT WALL
(08-31-2016, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did they have ladders in Berlin?

Nope....
How do you think they got so good at pole vaulting ?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Oddly this was on a photography blog I read.

http://www.vintag.es/2016/09/these-photographs-of-hoover-dam-being.html#.V8eQtB7lG88.twitter
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mexican-president-trump-wall-lie_us_57c77bd0e4b078581f110ed1?

Quote:Mexican President Nieto Says Trump Lied About Paying For Wall

“At the beginning of the conversation with Donald Trump I made it clear that Mexico will not pay for the wall.”

MEXICO CITY - Donald Trump told Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto on Wednesday he would build a border wall to keep illegal migrants out if he wins the U.S. presidency, but Pena Nieto held fast to his position that Mexico would not pay for it.

Contradicting Trump’s assertion that the pair did not discuss who would pay for his proposed wall, Pena Nieto said after the departure of the Republican presidential candidate that he told him during their private meeting in Mexico City that his government would not pick up the bill.

“At the beginning of the conversation with Donald Trump I made it clear that Mexico will not pay for the wall,” Pena Nieto said in a tweet after not mentioning the issue during their joint news conference.

Trump gave a different account of the conversation, which was aimed at repairing relations damaged by the real estate mogul’s attacks on Mexico and migrant workers on the campaign trail.

“We did discuss the wall, we didn’t discuss payment of the wall, that will be at a later date, this was a very preliminary meeting. It was an excellent meeting,” Trump said.

His campaign waved off Pena Nieto’s statement, calling the meeting a first attempt at building a relationship.

“It was not a negotiation, and that would have been inappropriate. It is unsurprising that they hold two different views on this issue, and we look forward to continuing the conversation,” Trump spokesman Jason Miller said.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-31-2016, 10:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Making America great....  Hilarious

America sucks dude.  Stand up for the anthem.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-01-2016, 12:00 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: America sucks dude.  Stand up for the anthem.
Only for the Hendrix version.

(Colin can "hear" Jimmi, ya know.)

(09-01-2016, 12:03 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Only for the Hendrix version.

(Colin can "hear" Jimmi, ya know.)

colin is a sitter.

[Image: pow0-072.jpg]
(09-01-2016, 12:12 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: colin is a sitter.

Quote:My colleagues, every statement I make today is backed up by sources, solid sources. These are not assertions. What we're giving you are facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence. I will cite some examples, and these are from human sources.

the whole hiding nucs under palm trees thing too.  HAHAHHAHAHAHAH.  Glad we started cutting public education 40 years ago.  Thanks Gipper.  RIP.
(09-01-2016, 12:12 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: colin is a sitter.

Those ear pieces....

(09-01-2016, 10:06 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Those ear pieces....

It's so funny using those. I've been to the UN while a session was going on and we sat and got to listen a bit. It's rather interesting hearing the language being used in one ear and the translator in the other.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I was going to respond in my thread, but this seems active and on topic.

Trump seems to have double down on his tough stance on immigration instead of going softer as he and surrogates suggested in the last 3 weeks. We do know he is going to build a wall that Mexico WILL pay for (even though the Mexican president told him they wouldn't).

"We will build a great wall along the southern border, and Mexico will pay for the wall. [The wall will be] impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful."

He has said in the past that it would be 1000 miles long, would be 25-55 feet high, and would be made of precast cement. He has suggested $12b, but others estimate $25b. The logistics seem a bit impractical, maybe impossible. As some have pointed out, the Berlin Wall was successfully breached thousands of times a year.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-01-2016, 11:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I was going to respond in my thread, but this seems active and on topic.

Trump seems to have double down on his tough stance on immigration instead of going softer as he and surrogates suggested in the last 3 weeks. We do know he is going to build a wall that Mexico WILL pay for (even though the Mexican president told him they wouldn't).

"We will build a great wall along the southern border, and Mexico will pay for the wall. [The wall will be] impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful."

He has said in the past that it would be 1000 miles long, would be 25-55 feet high, and would be made of precast cement. He has suggested $12b, but others estimate $25b. The logistics seem a bit impractical, maybe impossible. As some have pointed out, the Berlin Wall was successfully breached thousands of times a year.

Be careful.  You'll be marked as hostile for questioning the efficacy of the wall.  Wall supporters only want to talk in generalities about how to save money on the wall "IF" it is decided to do as such.  
(09-01-2016, 11:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: "We will build a great wall along the southern border, and Mexico will pay for the wall. [The wall will be] impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful."

Did he say that again after the Mexican president said no?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-01-2016, 11:23 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Did he say that again after the Mexican president said no?

These are quotes from last night, yes. Mexico's President said we obviously have a right to build the wall, he just isn't paying for it. Trump again said they were. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-01-2016, 02:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: These are quotes from last night, yes. Mexico's President said we obviously have a right to build the wall, he just isn't paying for it. Trump again said they were. 

Wow, what a moran.

(09-01-2016, 02:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: These are quotes from last night, yes. Mexico's President said we obviously have a right to build the wall, he just isn't paying for it. Trump again said they were. 

Meh, who cares.  If the public thinks this wall is essential to our safety and prosperity enough to vote for Trump they should be happy to pay for the thing.  You want protection, buy it.  Do Trump supporters wait for someone else to buy them guns so they can protect themselves?  I know this gun will protect me and my family, but damn it, I just don't want to pay for it so I'm going to try to force someone else to do it instead of spending my own resources.

I hope nothing bad happens while I wait for someone else to bail me out!
How about we build all new prisons and military bases along the border, filling with wall in between ?

Could help a little...... not that I'm really concerned about it though.