Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NFL Fixed???
There has been much talk here in Jungle Noise about the referees and the preferential treatment.  Here's some interesting facts and figures that some might enjoy!!

(Watch them in the order they are posted)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjoMk9f8BtE&list=WL&index=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75NlebsLaRQ&list=WL&index=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM7Br0NN0FM&t=5s&list=WL&index=21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj_STGsC200&t=1s&list=WL&index=22
Reply/Quote
Watched it all and found it very interesting.

It doesn't surprise me too much.

Anyone who watched the National Championship last night could see the effects of the refs. Clemson got two TDs on uncalled pick plays haha
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 12:34 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Watched it all and found it very interesting.

It doesn't surprise me too much.

Anyone who watched the National Championship last night could see the effects of the refs. Clemson got two TDs on uncalled pick plays haha

actually one.. last play the corner just grabbed the WR... plus some calls went Bama way also... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Of course it is. I'm beginning to think of the NFL much the same way as the WWE.
Reply/Quote
I don't believe the players are in on it which is important. Like the video stated a call here or there can be crucial.

We as Bengals fans have often complained of having to beat the other team and the refs (Stools) so yeah..

We are complaining about the game being fixed in certain cases.

I wouldn't expect the same results vs. say the Jags for example.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 01:21 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I don't believe the players are in on it which is important.  Like the video stated a call here or there can be crucial.

We as Bengals fans have often complained of having to beat the other team and the refs (Stools) so yeah..

We are complaining about the game being fixed in certain cases.

I wouldn't expect the same results vs. say the Jags for example.

I can't say I'm 100% of the opinion that the league is fixed, but I'm leaning that way. Like you say, I don't believe players or coaches are in on it. Just believe the officials favor certain teams at key moments and on game changing plays. If the Bengals play the Jags or Lions, I believe the officials will call the game normally. I also believe that if the Steelers play say...the Packers, it will also be officiated normally.

Now if the Bengals play the Steelers or the Lions play the Cowboys, the key calls are going to be slanted towards the marquee team. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It would be extremely easy to see how players especially could be in on a fix. Consider one player earning well in access of a million dollars per game and even sitting on the bench while another earning league minimum playing in all 16 games.. it doesn't take an ethics professor with a degree in accounting to find a high degree of resentment or just jealousy then toss in a healthy dose of corruption by people willing to fix games for profit in gambling and well...
Human nature alone should point out that offering a few million for a dropped pass or missed tackle wouldn't be the toughest thing to get a guy to bite at..especially for a player on the bubble..
I know..I know..OUR PLAYERS would never do that,  the other guys players would..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm at the point I try to think it's not setup, but I'm also a conspiracy theorist, I just have seen way too much bias officiating, bias announcing and story plotting, last year the commercial with Manning saying epic comeback starts right now, and he makes a comeback and goes all the way. Andy dalton goes out with minor thumb injury, I noticed he didn't show any sign of pain, not even look at it and he went straight to the locker room with his cast and took eifert with him, even though eifert was in a good 3 plays after he took a hit. He also was out a long two weeks, missing the broncos game which would of gave us the 2 seed. That were up us vs the Steelers, where the refs was bias, commentary bias, big ben comes in on the last drive like superman and pulls off the win and it injured brown, which was ok because it was Manning's year. But that propels the villains us, to have a bad year, and propels the Steelers in the playing unstoppable with the help of the officials. I'm rooting for kc, but in the back of my mind, I don't think kc wins. I think it's pitt vs Dallas in the Superbowl, and Dallas will be this years panthers. Steelers get their 7th with big ben heading to retirement soon,all while acting like the toughest qb to ever suit up.
Reply/Quote
Errrr..Yup.. Kc doesn't stand a chance and not because they're not good enough..
I stopped believing in fair play in grade school.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 12:41 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: actually one.. last play the corner just grabbed the WR... plus some calls went Bama way also... 

Yup.....especially on the first TD where the TE basically tackled the defender who was in position to make a play on the ball carrier.  It was worse than a Stoolers hold !

Plus....underdogs actually win sometimes in college ball. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Seems far fetched but possible. Wrong calls were made in last years Bengal/steeler playoff game which with the help of our guys, gift wrapped the victory for stoolers.

Reply/Quote
There is no fix, and it is kind of comical to believe there is. What people always seem to forget in a conspiracy is how many people they have to keep quiet in an age where book deals can make even the lowest rung of a conspiracy into a multi millionaire. The video is wrong in saying that there is no law against fixing their own games as there are some round about laws that could cause issues. If they in fact pay the officials more, or provide a benefit of some sort, for doing the fix it would fall under match fixing laws and would subject the person doing it and encouraging it to prosecution. If they can prove that multiple owners were in on it, and it was prevalent across the whole league, they could actually use RICO and go after everyone.
Reply/Quote
Peyton Manning winning the Super Bowl on his wait out pretty much confirmed it for me.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 10:17 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Peyton Manning winning the Super Bowl on his wait out pretty much confirmed it for me.

I agree, when the Olympic hockey team beat Russia in the lake Placid Olympics I knew thats when the Olympics were fixed too. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 10:17 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Peyton Manning winning the Super Bowl on his wait out pretty much confirmed it for me.

I love the Broncos and them winning the Super Bowl made me very happy, but even I can admit that whole thing was preordained.
Reply/Quote
You guys pretty much know how I feel about this topic.  Hell yeah the NFL is fixed.  I also think some players and/or coaches are in on it too.  A guy drops a for sure first down catch?  A running back fumbles the ball away during a key possession?   A sure fire tackle that a pro bowl LB misses during the final drive.  Meanwhile, after the game some schmuck agent comes up to said player in the locker room and hands him an envelope full of cash.   If you don't believe this happens, I have some ocean front property to sell ya in Arizona.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 10:36 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: You guys pretty much know how I feel about this topic.  Hell yeah the NFL is fixed.  I also think some players and/or coaches are in on it too.  A guy drops a for sure first down catch?  A running back fumbles the ball away during a key possession?   A sure fire tackle that a pro bowl LB misses during the final drive.  Meanwhile, after the game some schmuck agent comes up to said player in the locker room and hands him an envelope full of cash.   If you don't believe this happens, I have some ocean front property to sell ya in Arizona.

That schmuck would have to have a big ass envelop as these guys aren't college kids they are millionaires and the risk versus reward doesn't make sense, tt makes much more sense in college. Doing what you described is match fixing and is a federal crime. If it is prevalent across the league and they know about it, that then would expose them to RICO. Again you can think it, but it isn't likely.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 10:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: There is no fix, and it is kind of comical to believe there is. What people always seem to forget in a conspiracy is how many people they have to keep quiet in an age where book deals can make even the lowest rung of a conspiracy into a multi millionaire.  The video is wrong in saying that there is no law against fixing their own games as there are some round about laws that could cause issues. If they in fact pay the officials more, or provide a benefit of some sort, for doing the fix it would fall under match fixing laws and would subject the person doing it and encouraging it to prosecution. If they can prove that multiple owners were in on it, and it was prevalent across the whole league, they could actually use RICO and go after everyone.

Yeah and Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK. Just a coincidence he was killed days later and there have been multiple mysterious deaths of key people over the years!  Way too many to keep quiet!  Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 06:34 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yup.....especially on the first TD where the TE basically tackled the defender who was in position to make a play on the ball carrier.  It was worse than a Stoolers hold !

Plus....underdogs actually win sometimes in college ball. Ninja

missed call by official for sure on 1st TD but on  second TD.. the WR got mugged not the corner
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 11:32 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Yeah and Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK. Just a coincidence he was killed days later and there have been multiple mysterious deaths of key people over the years!  Way too many to keep quiet!  Cool

I'm not going to go down that rabbit hole comparison, but for the sake of bring it back around your example occurred before the internet cell phones and cameras the size of business cards. We live in a different world today, where keeping anything of magnitude secret is tough for even our government.
Reply/Quote