Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NFL HQ Calls the Steelers Bitches!
(06-02-2016, 01:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: A guy who got injured playing a violent sport on a bad field surface gets a lower body injury and assumes he is being targeted.   

Sounds like paranoia.   
Yup...

They need to look into field turf. They've made huge strides in the industry.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-02-2016, 12:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. Our punter sucks 

Correct....as well no one listens to a punter anyway.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-02-2016, 01:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: A guy who got injured playing a violent sport on a bad field surface gets a lower body injury and assumes he is being targeted.   

Sounds like paranoia.   

[Image: th?id=OIP.M8380e5f09d14ffe96a9624a28cf4d...=300&h=300]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(06-02-2016, 12:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. Our punter sucks it up and moves on while your star RB can't quit crying. Over and over again.

Maybe I'm being too hard on the kid. After all, whining is the Steeler way.

(06-02-2016, 03:31 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Correct, but wouldn't you whine too if you had to live in such a dirty city with so many morbidly obese women who rarely take baths?

Good point, SCS. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(06-02-2016, 01:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I agree it wasn't a thing then guys.   It's just absurd that Dino just assumes something would happen even know it hasn't and even today when mike Mitchell has tried to injured bengals they don't take to social media.   

Bell has....     It's more of thing for him to show he is rattled by the idea that maybe he was targeted for injury in a violent sport in a stadium with a history of questionable playing surfaces due to overuse by college and high school games.  

(06-02-2016, 03:26 PM)jason Wrote: Yup...

They need to look into field turf. They've made huge strides in the industry.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/01/nfl-stadium-turf-grass-rankings

Quote:Turf time: Which stadiums have the best and worst fields in the NFL?

We aren't the first people to rank the fields in the NFL. Every season, the NFLPA polls players about the surfaces on which they play. But McNitt brings up a valid point about past player rankings, noting that players don’t play on every field every year, and they play on fields in vastly different conditions. And some players rank on aesthetics or location, not so much the field itself. 

That’s why SI went deeper, using past player rankings, insight from current players and details from groundskeepers to better understand the fields and formulate our rankings.

While players uniformly prefer natural grass over artificial turf, the warm-weather variety of Bermuda grass has a higher durability and quicker recovery time than a cool-weather variety such as Kentucky bluegrass, helping Bermuda perform better over the course of an entire season. And natural grass is wonderful until owners don’t spend the money to keep it pristine—it will cost about $100,000 to $125,000 for a full re-sod of a field, often needed in cold-weather environments.

Let’s start the rankings:

1. Arizona Cardinals: University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Ariz.

You’ll hear very little argument about who holds the top spot for the best field in the NFL. Sure, Arizona has plenty of sunshine and can grow a healthy amount of Tifway 419 Bermuda grass, but more importantly, the Cardinals have the pleasure of rolling the field outside the stadium. The entire playing surface is retractable, in one giant tray, allowing the turf to grow and get maintained outside the stadium, coming inside only for NFL football games. And with a groundskeeping staff doing a stellar job with the turf, Arizona earns the top spot.

11. ClevelandBrownsFirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, Ohio

As far as cool-season fields go, FirstEnergy Stadium has one of the better swaths of Kentucky Bluegrass in the league right now. Cleveland has always played its home games on natural grass and while cool-weather stadiums generally waffle between artificial and natural, the Browns have stayed true to natural grass, even if some foul weather and overuse has made for tough patches in the past.

17. Pittsburgh [/url]Steelers: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Penn.

Many folks following field conditions may be surprised that Pittsburgh doesn’t drop farther down this list. But the past woes of Pittsburgh near-dirt and waterlogged fields have changed with a renewed focus on natural grass. Using the Grassmaster system meant that Pittsburgh wasn’t able to replace sod midway through a season, leading to tough conditions late in seasons. Resodding is often a must in cool-weather climates. But since going to an all-natural Kentucky bluegrass, the Steelers can replace the field multiple times, improving their turf conditions throughout the season.

22. Cincinnati [url=http://www.si.com/nfl/team/cincinnati-bengals]Bengals
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio

There may be no other stadium in the league with such a varied field past than Paul Brown Stadium. The grass that was in place from the stadium’s opening until 2003 was replaced by FieldTurf and then, in '12, switched to UBU Speed Series S5-M Synthetic Turf

23. Baltimore RavensM&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, Md.

The only NFL stadium using Shaw Sports Momentum 51 artificial surface, the design of the fibers are said to help hold in the infill system. Baltimore had a natural-grass surface over a decade ago, but struggled to keep the field in good shape throughout the winter, forcing the move to an artificial surface.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(06-02-2016, 12:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. Our punter sucks it up and moves on while your star RB can't quit crying. Over and over again.

Maybe I'm being too hard on the kid. After all, whining is the Steeler way.

1. Bend every rule possible in order to win (ie playing dirty physical, coaches tripping players, pulling their hair, manipulating refs etc)
2. When opponent responds in kind, whine as loudly as possible for as long as you can.

Bell is falling right in line with the Steelers piss yellow "gold" standard.  ThumbsUp

You crossed out the ones you wanted to emphasize (I assume) ... twice.
(06-02-2016, 03:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/01/nfl-stadium-turf-grass-rankings

This

The F'ed up field at Heinz has been resolved for years. And they say that Steelers fans live in the past.   Tongue
(06-02-2016, 03:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good point, SCS.  You are a God to me.  Every night I masturbate to the thought of you spending even a moment of your own thought on me SCS.  My wife is so jealous of my love for you but I can't hide it.   

Wow...look at that moderator using "replacement" smack.   Nervous  Hold on let me give that a try.  You are one weird dude.   Mellow
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-02-2016, 04:00 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You crossed out the ones you wanted to emphasize (I assume) ... twice.

Not that there is a science to crossing out words for sarcasm purposes, but in general, you cross out the word you really mean first.

For example, it's similar to saying "the Steelers are dirty ERRR...physical." 
(06-02-2016, 04:36 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: This

The F'ed up field at Heinz has been resolved for years. And they say that Steelers fans live in the past.   Tongue

Jordy Nelson would disagree.   

it is better than it once was but really with all those games they play on that field they should have some sort of field turf.    It's just part of being in the north.    

Look at all the kicking problems as well....  The ground under a Kickers plant foot isn't suppose to slip.  

You guys dress this up all you like just because you feel like you need to defend your boys but the reality is these fields should be synthetic and heated.    Cincy had the same exact problems and they got smart and ditched the grass. 
(06-02-2016, 07:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Jordy Nelson would disagree.  

Mellow

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13503657/jordy-nelson-green-bay-packers-miss-entire-2015-season

Quote:Nelson will need reconstructive surgery but should be back for the start of the 2016 season. He took to Facebook to thank his family, friends and fans.

That it was Nelson's right knee was a bit of a surprise, considering he appeared to land awkwardly on his left knee after a short reception on the game's opening drive. He limped off the field after the noncontact injury and walked to the locker room under his own power, but he did not return.

"You can't understand how something like that can happen on a play as simple as it was, but that's life in the NFL sometimes," Packers general manager Ted Thompson told Green Bay radio station WNFL on Monday. 

Video: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000514941/article/jordy-nelson-out-for-2015-season-with-knee-injury

ThumbsUp

(06-02-2016, 07:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: it is better than it once was but really with all those games they play on that field they should have some sort of field turf.    It's just part of being in the north.

Opinon. Yet I showed a source that listed it above the Bengals field....and the Ravens. Both have "some sort of field turf".

(06-02-2016, 07:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Look at all the kicking problems as well....  The ground under a Kickers plant foot isn't suppose to slip.  

Most of the kicking "problems" come from the wind due to the open end of the stadium...not from kickers slipping. "Slipping", btw, can happen on any field under various conditions. I'm not sure of the source of your concerns as I do not know that there is any more slipping at Heinz field than anywhere else under normal conditions.

(06-02-2016, 07:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You guys dress this up all you like just because you feel like you need to defend your boys but the reality is these fields should be synthetic and heated.    Cincy had the same exact problems and they got smart and ditched the grass. 

We didn't defend anything. I showed that Heinz field is rated above the Bengals field. You opinion on the matter is duly noted...however worry about your own house first.

Rock On
(06-02-2016, 03:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/01/nfl-stadium-turf-grass-rankings

Love Heinz field as much as the next guy but isn't this list a little biased towards natural grass fields? According to this list it seems like as long as your natural grass field is mediocre it will be ranked higher than the majority of your synthetic fields. With that being the case I would have thought Heinz field would be ranked higher...but then again I'm also biased.
G
(06-02-2016, 07:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13503657/jordy-nelson-green-bay-packers-miss-entire-2015-season

Video: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000514941/article/jordy-nelson-out-for-2015-season-with-knee-injury

ThumbsUp

Opinon.  Yet I showed a source that listed it above the Bengals field....and the Ravens.  Both have "some sort of field turf".

Most of the kicking "problems" come from the wind due to the open end of the stadium...not from kickers slipping.  "Slipping", btw, can happen on any field under various conditions.  I'm not sure of the source of your concerns as I do not know that there is any more slipping at Heinz field than anywhere else under normal conditions.

We didn't defend anything.  I showed that Heinz field is rated above the Bengals field. You opinion on the matter is duly noted...however worry about your own house first.

Rock On

Dude google Heinz field turf problems....   Loads pop up.   For your 1 article there are pages of complaints from everyone.

Not sure why you are giving me your opinion on ketchup field.    Yes I know you love it ....    

I have lived up north and down south and no way those fields should be grass up there unless they ae limited use fields.   Just as its pointless for field turf down here.   
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/2/7481193/torrey-smith-baltimore-ravens-heinz-field

There is some Ravens players discussing the field from 2015.
(06-02-2016, 04:36 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: This

Hold up hold up hold up!!

Even if this post wasn't bullshit, which it clearly is, you're seriously going to compare talk about how bad a field is (or even was) to the Steelers fans constantly talking about their past glory?!?!

[Image: scbu.gif] [Image: 669.gif] [Image: 130.gif] [Image: 431.gif]

Steelers and Ravens fans are always good to laugh at!

What kind of brain dead moron would rank Pitts field above Cinci and Baltimore's? 

I guess it's true that you can find anything you want on the internet to support your argument. No matter how stupid it is. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-02-2016, 08:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/2/7481193/torrey-smith-baltimore-ravens-heinz-field

There is some Ravens players discussing the field from 2015.

Mellow

Quote:Every season, the NFLPA polls players about the surfaces on which they play. But McNitt brings up a valid point about past player rankings, noting that players don’t play on every field every year, and they play on fields in vastly different conditions. And some players rank on aesthetics or location, not so much the field itself
(06-02-2016, 09:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What kind of brain dead moron would rank Pitts field above Cinci and Baltimore's? 

I guess it's true that you can find anything you want on the internet to support your argument. No matter how stupid it is. Mellow

If you dig past all the beer bottles thrown on the grass, PBS has a pretty nice field underneath.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
When CIN players and their fans stop being bitches, they might win something that matters.

This thread = sour grapes. Been that way a long, long time. I wish you guys could win something just so you could start to be taken somewhat seriously.
--------------------------------------------------------

(06-02-2016, 10:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Of course you gloss over what tucker said lol. 

Dude is one of if not the best kicker in the league.    If anyone knows a field it's him.