Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NFL HQ Calls the Steelers Bitches!
Paint Mike Mitchell !!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-27-2016, 12:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, I'm not bothering to read the rest of the thread. I just have to laugh at the whole "you only see one side crying about it" after Bell makes his comments. Years, YEARS, we have heard Bengals players and fans boohooing about the physical play. I'm not defending anyone complaining about it because it's how it is, but that is some seriously short term memory for anyone to say there isn't complaining about it from the Bengals.

...and for years, YEARS, Steelers fans defended that dirty "physical" brand of play. Now they can't stop crying about Burfict.

Like Wyche said, it's come full circle. Steelers fans now whine like Bengals fans did. Bengals fans now defend that type of play.

Lets not act like Steelers fans are above the hypocrisy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(06-01-2016, 09:31 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: This might have more impact IF bungal fans weren't the whiniest bitches in the NFL and IF they had actually managed to win a playoff game in 20+ years.

PIT plays physical.  CIN actually has 1 or 2 very dirty players.  That's the difference, and one most bungal whiners don't get and probably never will because your team doesn't know how to win games with clean and physical play.

This post might have more impact if steeler players weren't the whiniest bitches in the NFL....taking to social media and crying about being targeted.
(06-02-2016, 01:03 AM)Beaker Wrote: This post might have more impact if steeler players weren't the whiniest bitches in the NFL....taking to social media and crying about being targeted.

Point of order:
When a player is asked a question and responds that is not "taking to social media and crying about being targeted".

That said, you don't think The Bengals would have been all over social media after the Carson hit?  Hell they were on twitter blaming everyone but themselves this past year.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(06-02-2016, 08:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: Point of order:
When a player is asked a question and responds that is not "taking to social media and crying about being targeted".

That said, you don't think The Bengals would have been all over social media after the Carson hit?  Hell they were on twitter blaming everyone but themselves this past year.   Smirk

Bell may have been asked a question this time.   But a few months ago all he was doing was crying on Twitter.   And he was also crying shortly after the injury as well.    The reason he was asked those questions is because he made it a story by crying like a chump.  

I don't remember any social media explosions from bengals in 2005.  But you can go ahead and dream some up I guess.   
(06-02-2016, 10:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Bell may have been asked a question this time.   But a few months ago all he was doing was crying on Twitter.   And he was also crying shortly after the injury as well.    The reason he was asked those questions is because he made it a story by crying like a chump.  

I don't remember any social media explosions from bengals in 2005.  But you can go ahead and dream some up I guess.   

Twitter didn't exist in 2005.  In fact the whole social media thing was still in it's very infancy and didn't have any traction in the sports world.  Hell...Facebook only started in 2004.  I don't remember anyone following My Space as a Social Medial outlet.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(06-02-2016, 10:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Bell may have been asked a question this time.   But a few months ago all he was doing was crying on Twitter.   And he was also crying shortly after the injury as well.    The reason he was asked those questions is because he made it a story by crying like a chump.  

Social media didn't really exist in 2005, or at least not to the extent that it does now.  The media certainly didn't make much use of it in 2005, anyway.  

So a guy who got injured voiced that he was upset about it.

Okay.

Next.
(06-02-2016, 10:25 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Social media didn't really exist in 2005, or at least not to the extent that it does now.  The media certainly didn't make much use of it in 2005, anyway.  
Yeah, as if Chad Johnson wouldn't have tweeted 600 times a day back then if Twitter was the go to place for players like it is now.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(06-02-2016, 10:25 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Social media didn't really exist in 2005, or at least not to the extent that it does now.  The media certainly didn't make much use of it in 2005, anyway.  

It existed in 2013. When Huber's jaw and neck were obliterated by a cheap shot ( or as I like to say " got hit by a guy playing really hard"). Our punter didn't cry about it.... our punter. I don't recall a single Bengal behaving the way the Steelers have as of late. It may have happened. I just don't remember it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-02-2016, 11:40 AM)jason Wrote: It existed in 2013. When Huber's jaw and neck were obliterated by a cheap shot ( or as I like to say " got hit by a guy playing really hard"). Our punter didn't cry about it.... our punter. I don't recall a single Bengal behaving the way the Steelers have as of late. It may have happened. I just don't remember it.

It was a punter...  Mellow

(06-02-2016, 11:40 AM)jason Wrote: It existed in 2013. When Huber's jaw and neck were obliterated by a cheap shot ( or as I like to say " got hit by a guy playing really hard"). Our punter didn't cry about it.... our punter. I don't recall a single Bengal behaving the way the Steelers have as of late. It may have happened. I just don't remember it.

I'd have to know the names of any Bengals players smart enough to use social media in 2013 to verify any of that.   Mellow

Edit: Huber didn't even complain on twitter.

You have a VERY short memory...

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/adam-pacman-jones-profanity-referees
(06-02-2016, 12:19 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: You have a VERY short memory...

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/adam-pacman-jones-profanity-referees

Bengals fans have been trained to forget...It's the only valid way of dealing with the Bengals past, while having hope for the future.

(06-02-2016, 12:01 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: It was a punter...  Mellow

Exactly. Our punter sucks it up and moves on while your star RB can't quit crying. Over and over again.

Maybe I'm being too hard on the kid. After all, whining is the Steeler way.

1. Bend every rule possible in order to win (ie playing dirty physical, coaches tripping players, pulling their hair, manipulating refs etc)
2. When opponent responds in kind, whine as loudly as possible for as long as you can.

Bell is falling right in line with the Steelers piss yellow "gold" standard.  ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(06-02-2016, 12:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. Our punter sucks it up and moves on while your star RB can't quit crying. Over and over again.

Maybe I'm being too hard on the kid. After all, whining is the Steeler way.

1. Bend every rule possible in order to win (ie playing dirty physical, coaches tripping players, pulling their hair, manipulating refs etc)
2. When opponent responds in kind, whine as loudly as possible for as long as you can.

Bell is falling right in line with the Steelers piss yellow "gold" standard.  ThumbsUp

Based on this thread maybe he's just a Bengals fan and that's all he know how to do is ***** and complain?
(06-02-2016, 12:28 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Bengals fans have been trained to forget...It's the only valid way of dealing with the Bengals past, while having hope for the future.

Correct.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-02-2016, 01:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Based on this thread maybe he's just a Bengals fan and that's all he know how to do is ***** and complain?

Yep. Bengals fans should emulate how Steelers fans handled Nelson and Burfict injuring Ben/Bell/Brown. Then they totally wouldn't ***** and complain.
(06-02-2016, 10:10 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Twitter didn't exist in 2005.  In fact the whole social media thing was still in it's very infancy and didn't have any traction in the sports world.  Hell...Facebook only started in 2004.  I don't remember anyone following My Space as a Social Medial outlet.

I agree it wasn't a thing then guys.   It's just absurd that Dino just assumes something would happen even know it hasn't and even today when mike Mitchell has tried to injured bengals they don't take to social media.   

Bell has....     It's more of thing for him to show he is rattled by the idea that maybe he was targeted for injury in a violent sport in a stadium with a history of questionable playing surfaces due to overuse by college and high school games.  
(06-02-2016, 10:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: So a guy who got injured voiced that he was upset about it.

Okay.

Next.

A guy who got injured playing a violent sport on a bad field surface gets a lower body injury and assumes he is being targeted.   

Sounds like paranoia.