Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are The Steelers Ranked Ahead of Us?
(05-26-2016, 02:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, I'm saying a fanbase needs to stop using injuries as an excuse if they tell other fanbases not to use injuries.

This thread has nothing to do with the Ravens. It's why are the Steelers ranked ahead of the Bengals. The argument then was presented that the Bengals lost two games against them because of Dalton being injured. 

if you are going to use the Ravens as a measuring stick, it becomes part of the discussion.  As for me, ive stated why even with Dalton out at a critical time, I felt the Bengals showed to be a better team all year and have no problem giving them the edge coming into this year especially after the  FA and draft the Bengals had compared to the Steelers.. feeling even better about giving the Bengals the edge.  End of this discussion and debate... can't wait till September.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 05:50 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: A long history of actually being better than us probably doesn't hurt their case.

Yep.....and dominating us in the play-offs including another win just in January.   We can cry all we want, wah, wah, wah.....but Steelers should be ranked above us.....Not until Bengals WIN in play-offs do they deserve any respect, nor should they.....So the Bengals better not show up in camp pounding their chests like they won the Super Bowl because they haven't even  won a play-off game since the 1990 season.  ......That said, GO BENGALS !!!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 03:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: if you are going to use the Ravens as a measuring stick, it becomes part of the discussion.  As for me, ive stated why even with Dalton out at a critical time, I felt the Bengals showed to be a better team all year and have no problem giving them the edge coming into this year especially after the  FA and draft the Bengals had compared to the Steelers.. feeling even better about giving the Bengals the edge.  End of this discussion and debate... can't wait till September.

I didn't use them as a measuring stick. I said you can't reserve your argument for only your team. 

You also said that winning the Super Bowl isn't the goal of every NFL team.

Probably best that you're choosing to stop posting.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 12:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't use them as a measuring stick. I said you can't reserve your argument for only your team. 

I don't believe this.  No one is that obtuse.  I require proof.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 12:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't use them as a measuring stick. I said you can't reserve your argument for only your team. 

Nope, never posted that at all.. but back at you with you said if you win one playoff game you had a better season than ALL teams  that did not that year... A team season is measured by more than one game, a playoff game does have more weight but with that narrow of logic it might be best you stop posting on this subject...

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 05:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nope, never posted that at all.. but back at you with you said if you win one playoff game you had a better season than ALL teams  that did not that year... A team season is measured by more than one game, a playoff game does have more weight but with that narrow of logic it might be best you stop posting on this subject...

Hilarious

WTF
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 05:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nope, never posted that at all.. but back at you with you said if you win one playoff game you had a better season than ALL teams  that did not that year... A team season is measured by more than one game, a playoff game does have more weight but with that narrow of logic it might be best you stop posting on this subject...

Hilarious

A team with 11 wins including a playoff win had a better season than a team with 12 wins, none of which were playoff wins.

That's a fact.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Power ranking in June are almost as important as the imbossing pattern on toilet paper which by the way is really important. It determines how things stick during the wiping process which could determine the outcome of the super bowl..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote