Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appearance shaming the FLOTUS
(12-27-2017, 01:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I care about the cold and hungry as well; doesn't mean I don't care that folks are shamed based on nothing more than their appearance. 

But to each their own.  

Childish at it may be, Trumps shaming of a woman looks is always in retaliation for attacks on him by women, or in situations when Ted Cruz tried to shame Melania.

And sometimes its based on more than just their appearance...Rosie O'Donnell is a fat ignorant liberal slob.
(12-27-2017, 02:23 PM)Vlad Wrote: Childish at it may be, Trumps shaming of a woman looks is always in retaliation for attacks on him by women, or in situations when Ted Cruz tried to shame Melania.

And sometimes its based on more than just their appearance...Rosie O'Donnell is a fat ignorant liberal slob.

So you don't hold the POTUS to a higher standard?

I think bfine would be upset at that the saming the President does too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-27-2017, 02:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually I read a study a while back that listed Yahoo News as one of the most unbiased news sources, so I get much information from it. I suppose Yahoo news found it newsworthy because of the public shaming. I found it post worthy to support a statement I made on election night: "We will spend the next 4-8 being what we have proposed to hate for the last 8". 

I'm not sure how many more threads we can have on similar subject matter prior to lunch; however, I'll keep you posted. 

Fair enough.

It just seems pointless to point out the pettiness of either side's social media babies. I guess I've probably done it to the other side though, so my bad.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-27-2017, 02:43 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Fair enough.

It just seems pointless to point out the pettiness of either side's social media babies. I guess I've probably done it to the other side though, so my bad.

This happens frequently that someone posts an opinion, someone disagrees and the OP says the responder should care more about the person slighted than having a different opinion.

OP: "Someone died! Get rid of all immigrants."
RE: "Do we have to get rid of all immigrants due to the acts of one?"
OP: "So you don't have any sympathy for the person killed?!?!"
RE: "Of course, but that's a different subject."

Then, later the OP will claim that THEY can care about multiple subjects but the topic at hand is different.

And that's not to single out any one poster.  It happens too often that whatever the initial point was suppose to be gets swallowed up in what is actually talked about.

We should stop shaming people...but that's a bit of a non-issue given today's social media.
(12-27-2017, 11:15 AM)Benton Wrote: Thousands of people are waking up this morning cold and hungry because there’s not enough jobs paying living wages. We’re beyond the decade mark for our accomplished mission in the me. Rampant drug problems. The self esteem of a millionaire super model ranks really, really low on my list.

You are way too hard on models, Benton. Talk about cold and hungry, these poor models can't even afford clothes.

[Image: 97551.jpg]
(12-27-2017, 01:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I care about the cold and hungry as well; doesn't mean I don't care that folks are shamed based on nothing more than their appearance. 

But to each their own.  

You can care about both, nothing wrong there. I just think this kind of thing is trivial and takes away from the serious issues we've got facing us. Like the birther issue, the 'they' look like apes' issue, the 'Bush holding a children's book upside down issue' and so on. 

I don't care how Bush didn't read a children's book. I don't care if a racist idiot made Facebook comments about the POTUS looking like an ape. I don't care if the FLOTUS is taking heat for taking selfies. Those are just keeping people's minds busy instead of addressing serious problems. Like hunger.
(12-27-2017, 02:23 PM)Vlad Wrote: Childish at it may be, Trumps shaming of a woman looks is always in retaliation for attacks on him by women, or in situations when Ted Cruz tried to shame Melania.

Oh no doubt and I have pointed out numerous times that his comments on social media are beneath the office of POTUS. Folks will also look to what he does that they hate to approve of the exact same actions from others. 

Bottom line is there is a population that eats up every thing Trump says and there is another population that eats up every thing negative said about Trump; they'll just point to each other and say "You're wrong" 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-27-2017, 05:08 PM)Benton Wrote: You can care about both, nothing wrong there. I just think this kind of thing is trivial and takes away from the serious issues we've got facing us. Like the birther issue, the 'they' look like apes' issue, the 'Bush holding a children's book upside down issue' and so on. 

I don't care how Bush didn't read a children's book. I don't care if a racist idiot made Facebook comments about the POTUS looking like an ape. I don't care if the FLOTUS is taking heat for taking selfies. Those are just keeping people's minds busy instead of addressing serious problems. Like hunger.

Meh, perhaps some just condone (read "don't care") public shaming because there is not a cure for cancer. As for me; I care about the big matters and others that some would consider "trivial". Shaming someone for his or her appearance is a matter I care about and no amount of hunger folk in the world is going to sway me not to care about the matter,  

(12-27-2017, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, perhaps some just condone (read "don't care") public shaming because there is not a cure for cancer. As for me; I care about the big matters and others that some would consider "trivial". Shaming someone for his or her appearance is a matter I care about and no amount of hunger folk in the world is going to sway me not to care about the matter,  

Lawmakers cant cure cancer (although they could put more funding toward it). But they can feed people. And news outlets could spend more time talking about their inability to address that... or they can worry about a grown woman’s hurt feelings.

My issue isnt so much with your concern for her feelings. That’s commendable. My issue is why it’s considered news.
(12-27-2017, 05:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bottom line is there is a population that eats up every thing Trump says and there is another population that eats up every thing negative said about Trump; they'll just point to each other and say "You're wrong" 

Er yeah, but isn't our entire political system (if the 2016 election is any indication) driven by pointing out and/or exploiting how the other side is the "more wrong" one?  I know I've spoken to roughly 0 people who voted D or R during the 2016 election that can go more than one sentence without pointing out how "more wrong" the one they didn't vote for is.
(12-27-2017, 09:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Er yeah, but isn't our entire political system (if the 2016 election is any indication) driven by pointing out and/or exploiting how the other side is the "more wrong" one?  I know I've spoken to roughly 0 people who voted D or R during the 2016 election that can go more than one sentence without pointing out how "more wrong" the one they didn't vote for is.

Not really, I've actually seen a population point more to what their party is doing wrong. Given, it's a small population; but they are there. Hell, there might even be about 1 or 2 of them in this forum. 

But you are correct; the vast majority are much more obsessed with what the other side is doing/done wrong. 

(12-27-2017, 02:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: This happens frequently that someone posts an opinion, someone disagrees and the OP says the responder should care more about the person slighted than having a different opinion.

OP: "Someone died Another murdered! Get rid of all immigrants."
RE: "Do we have to get rid of all immigrants due to the acts of one  many?"
OP: "So you don't have any sympathy for the person killed?!?!"
RE: "Of course, but that's a different subject."

Then, later the OP will claim that THEY can care about multiple subjects but the topic at hand is different.

And that's not to single out any one poster.  It happens too often that whatever the initial point was suppose to be gets swallowed up in what is actually talked about.

We should stop shaming people...but that's a bit of a non-issue given today's social media.

"Someone died"?  LOL
Couldn't you have been a little more up front?
(12-27-2017, 08:26 PM)Benton Wrote: Lawmakers by cure cancer (although they could put more funding toward it). But they can feed people. And news outlets could spend more time talking about their inability to address that... or they can worry about a grown woman’s hurt feelings.

My issue isnt so much with your concern for her feelings. That’s commendable. My issue is why it’s considered news.

Meh, you can give a person food, but you can't force them to make healthy choices..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-27-2017, 10:29 PM)Vlad Wrote: "Someone died"?  LOL
Couldn't you have been a little more up front?

Hilarious

Cool
(12-27-2017, 10:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, you can give a person food, but you can't force them to make healthy choices..

Roughly 40 million people in this country need someone else to provide them food. Nearly half (around 18 million) are children (under 18). About 10 million are above retirement age. I'm not sure if healthy choices matter as much for the bulk of people (about 28 million) getting food assistance. Although when someone tried through school nutrition programs, we were inundated with stories from parents about how horrible the food was and how it would make all our daughters look like men, just like the program's advocate.
Now I think THIS one is a little worse.  Bad optics, maybe even poor taste, totally out of touch with Trump's base.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/12/27/tiffany-ivanka-trump-mocked-bikini-clad-video/23317943/