Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Projected Win Totals (before draft)
Our division:
Browns 9
Steelers 9
Ravens 8.5
Bengals 6

5 is the lowest win total projected with 2 teams projected there. Then 6 teams are projected with 6.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/26405507/browns-see-projected-win-total-jump-3-games
Reply/Quote
Of course most of the predictions are rather bland. It's ESPN, and none of their "prognosticators" wants to jump out on any limbs and risk making a bold prediction. They're always going to predict favorably on teams that blow big money in FA, as they themselves are part of the money making propaganda machine. They give lots of air time to big market teams, and teams that make huge money free agent noise. As far as their prediction of the Bengals winning 5? They make a living off of dismissing small market teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 03:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of course most of the predictions are rather bland.  It's ESPN, and none of their "prognosticators" wants to jump out on any limbs and risk making a bold prediction.  They're always going to predict favorably on teams that blow big money in FA, as they themselves are part of the money making propaganda machine.  They give lots of air time to big market teams, and teams that make huge money free agent noise.  As far as their prediction of the Bengals winning 5?  They make a living off of dismissing small market teams.

I think with our last 3 seasons being 6 wins, 7 wins, 6.5 wins...that 6 might not be a bad prediction as it's hard to really see us having improved the roster yet during the offseason.

(Say what you want about the Bobby Hart signing, but we didn't upgrade as Hart started last year and will start this year.)

Health is the big variable, but hard to bank on health as when healthier the year before we won 7 games. And 6.5 the year before that.

Could we surprise and win more? Sure.
Reply/Quote
Looks about what I thought they would go in with.

If you are betting over/unders, for the last 15 years there have been 4-7 teams per year winning 4 or fewer games per year. 6-11 total winning 5 or fewer.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 03:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think with our last 3 seasons being 6 wins, 7 wins, 6.5 wins...that 6 might not be a bad prediction as it's hard to really see us having improved the roster yet during the offseason.

(Say what you want about the Bobby Hart signing, but we didn't upgrade as Hart started last year and will start this year.)

Health is the big variable, but hard to bank on health as when healthier the year before we won 7 games. And 6.5 the year before that.

Could we surprise and win more? Sure.

The thing is;  I don't know that the roster really needed "huge" improvement from last year.  Before the injuries took their toll, the team looked damn good.  So, I'm saying that if they can keep players healthy and on the field, and improve the LB performance and Pass Pro from the OL, this team is still dangerous.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think we at least hit .500 or better. Let’s be real, this is going to be a team tough to prepare against with the new coaching and hopefully the aggressiveness not seen in some time. Plus, I have an inkling suspicion we will do well in the draft and some will be starting out the gate. I think ZT is going to be on a mission to get this team to the playoff this year if not next.

Reply/Quote
I would argue we have the best offensive skill position (when healthy), secondary, and Defensive line( when healthy) in the Division. With that being said we have by far the worst LB Core and Offensive line.
I would say that the reason why ESPN doesn't like us is because of Dalton which is complete BS . I say we're a 7.5 to 8.5 win team right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 03:57 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I would argue we have the best offensive skill position (when healthy), secondary, and Defensive line( when healthy) in the Division. With that being said we have by far the worst LB Core and Offensive line.
I would say that the reason why ESPN doesn't like us is because of Dalton which is complete BS . I say we're a 7.5 to 8.5 win team right now.

I’m not so sure anymore. Not since the Browns added OBJ and Hunt.

Reply/Quote
Browns definitely the talk of the AFC North at the moment but the Steelers are going to have a lot to prove this upcoming year with the offseason they had. Mike Tomlin May really feel some pressure if he misses the playoffs again this year. Definitely will be interesting to see how things pan out. Will be interested to see how the Ravens fare at QB throughout the duration of the 2019 season.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 03:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The thing is;  I don't know that the roster really needed "huge" improvement from last year.  Before the injuries took their toll, the team looked damn good.  So, I'm saying that if they can keep players healthy and on the field, and improve the LB performance and Pass Pro from the OL, this team is still dangerous.

I keep hearing the 4-1 before injuries thing. And it's possible that if healthy, we won 8-9 games last year.

But, the year before that...our roster was fairly similar and we won 7 games.

I guess I wouldn't bank on health making us a contender alone. With $50+ million cap space, why not clearly upgrade 2-3 positions?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 05:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not so sure anymore. Not since the Browns added OBJ and Hunt.

A healthy Eifert gives us a huge advantage. The OBJ vs Green isn't that big of a difference. Hunt won't play for the first 8 games and I question wether he will have that big of an impact when playing.  
With that being said it's not a huge difference between the two.
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 03:57 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I would argue we have the best offensive skill position (when healthy), secondary, and Defensive line( when healthy) in the Division. With that being said we have by far the worst LB Core and Offensive line.

I agree with your assessments. And the frustrating thing is that with all the cap space we had...that we didn't clearly upgrade Offensive Line or LB.

Not saying we had to sign a Mosley, but there were other LB's out there.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 05:18 PM)Chrispy Wrote: Browns definitely the talk of the AFC North at the moment but the Steelers are going to have a lot to prove this upcoming year with the offseason they had. Mike Tomlin May really feel some pressure if he misses the playoffs again this year. Definitely will be interesting to see how things pan out. Will be interested to see how the Ravens fare at QB throughout the duration of the 2019 season.

The Steelers and Ravens have quality management and you'd have the think that they'll find the right mixes.

The Browns appeared to have stumbled upon the correct formula after being inept for years.

I think it's possible that we go 1-5 or 2-4 within our division.

We do play a last place schedule though. Some of the teams like the Raiders appear to have improved.

IF forced to pick a record now...I'd say 8-8.

Now, I think there is atleast some chance that the new staff falls flat and we win 4-5 games. I think those odds are fairly low.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 06:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I keep hearing the 4-1 before injuries thing. And it's possible that if healthy, we won 8-9 games last year.

But, the year before that...our roster was fairly similar and we won 7 games.

I guess I wouldn't bank on health making us a contender alone. With $50+ million cap space, why not clearly upgrade 2-3 positions?
The first 4 games we had a healthy Eifert and we had Glenn at LT two huge pieces we didn't have in 17. I would say we were a 10 win team caliber team last year before injuries took there toll.
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 06:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: A healthy Eifert gives us a huge advantage. The OBJ vs Green isn't that big of a difference. Hunt won't play for the first 8 games and I question wether he will have that big of an impact when playing.  

Honestly, IF I was Cleveland I would have just stayed with Chubb. He looked good as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 06:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: A healthy Eifert gives us a huge advantage. The OBJ vs Green isn't that big of a difference. Hunt won't play for the first 8 games and I question wether he will have that big of an impact when playing.  

Disagree Eifert is a huge advantage. Njoku had more rec and yds last season than Eifert ever has. Eifert is obviously a great RZ threat, but if anything I’d call it a draw at TE.

Hunt not playing the first 8 games could actually end up being a big factor in their favor. They will be getting a completely fresh Pro Bowl caliber RB for the second half of the season. It could be quite a two-headed monster with him and Chubb.

If I’m being completely objective I’d have to say the Browns look like they’ll have the best offense. At least on paper.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 06:20 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The first 4 games we had a healthy Eifert and we had Glenn at LT two huge pieces we didn't have in 17. I would say we were a 10 win team caliber team last year before injuries took there toll.

I don't know. That's the offensive side of the ball. On defense we were historically bad mid-season.

I don't think we could have won shootouts against those teams.

But, Maybe...IF everything broke right and we were 100% healthy...maybe 10 wins. But, you never have 100% health in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 06:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Disagree Eifert is a huge advantage. Njoku had more rec and yds last season than Eifert ever has. Eifert is obviously a great RZ threat, but if anything I’d call it a draw at TE.

Hunt not playing the first 8 games could actually end up being a big factor in their favor. They will be getting a completely fresh Pro Bowl caliber RB for the second half of the season. It could be quite a two-headed monster with him and Chubb.

If I’m being completely objective I’d have to say the Browns look like they’ll have the best offense. At least on paper.

And most importantly, they had a Top 5 line last year and should have atleast an above average one last year.

I really think Mayfield is the wild card. Will he turn into a great QB or will he just be average?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 03:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our division:
Browns 9
Steelers 9
Ravens 8.5
Bengals 6

5 is the lowest win total projected with 2 teams projected there. Then 6 teams are projected with 6.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/26405507/browns-see-projected-win-total-jump-3-games

Our Offense and especially Defense will be better than last year, book it.

Just dumb ESPN. We will win more than 6 games unless our entire team is pretty much decimated by injury.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 06:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know. That's the offensive side of the ball. On defense we were historically bad mid-season.

I don't think we could have won shootouts against those teams.

But, Maybe...IF everything broke right and we were 100% healthy...maybe 10 wins. But, you never have 100% health in the NFL.

100% healthy maybe not but losing your starting QB, #1 Wr, and top Edge Rusher in one season is tough to over come. 
J24

Reply/Quote