Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
#NFL Rigged???
(01-30-2023, 04:33 AM)Synric Wrote: The NFL would never rigg the sport because there is more money in uncertainty. 

The NFL's influencing of games doesn't affect the uncertainty factor because the league knows there's enough naive people out there that want to believe their favorite sport is always run in an honest and ethical manner. I have news for Bengals Board rigged deniers---It's not honest and Goodell is not ethical. Put your trust in him not to influence outcomes but the b@stard is never getting a thumbs up from me. One day the league will be exposed. Would love to see Goodell in handcuffs.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 05:24 AM)Science Friction Wrote: The NFL's influencing of games doesn't affect the uncertainty factor because the league knows there's enough naive people out there that want to believe their favorite sport is always run in an honest and ethical manner. I have news for Bengals Board rigged deniers---It's not honest and Goodell is not ethical. Put your trust in him not to influence outcomes but the b@stard is never getting a thumbs up from me. One day the league will be exposed. Would love to see Goodell in handcuffs.

Too many people can break down tape for it to be possible for the NFL to rig games. All those former college football players from D1 to D3 betting on games.. nah the NFL isnt rigged lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t think the NFL is rigged, I just think they have non-full time officials - most of whom own AARP cards.

It’s ridiculous when you’re talking about a multibillion dollar industry.

Reply/Quote
This wasn’t our year on multiple levels. Injuries being the big issue this year up front. Refs and league didn’t do us any favors. But when it comes down to it we weren’t good enough up front on O.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:04 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Hurst drop was well defended.

We had 2 late cracks at a score on offense.

The Ossai pf was huge. The Chiefs throw a hail Mary without that.

If Hurst caught that TD thought we'd be talking about Mahomes with 8 seconds left to score a TD from the 23. Would have been more interesting than seeing Butker out there lol. Ah back the woulda coulda shoulda talk, something we haven't done for 10 weeks lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think the NFL is rigged, I just think they have non-full time officials - most of whom own AARP cards.

It's easy for the NFL to blame them and replace them then, if necessary. Like a substitute teacher almost.
Reply/Quote
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROASAiP97sHoc2FnbZSx0...A&usqp=CAU]

[Image: XFL-New-Logos-2023.jpg]

DancingWho DeyHappyYesLalala
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think the NFL is rigged, I just think they have non-full time officials - most of whom own AARP cards.

This.

Today, the refs from last night will go back to their real jobs as middle administrators and high school teachers and tax accountants and selling farm equipment and working on a dairy farm, etc.

You're not going to rig a game with such a motley crew. But you will get incompetence and personal biases.
Reply/Quote
Bengals fans looking more pathetic than the O-line. State of things now. Can’t lose anything without it being rigged. Bengals could have done one of a dozen things and had the game but did not. Bengals pooped the bed, led by poor oline play, poor play calls and bad play. If this was the Saints vs Bears, many would not be squealing like they are.

I said before, this is my favorite Bengals team. I wanted them in the Super Bowl and winning it. It’s easy to blame the refs for everything instead of a Bengal. Prefer factual reasons. We beat ourselves in all phases.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
It's just massive incompetence from part-time officials who will go back to their jobs today as a high school teacher and middle school principal and working on a dairy farm, etc.

They have biases and they were incompetent, and that the refs are the biggest story in the game is telling for the NFL:

Bill Simmons
@BillSimmons
You can’t call the late hit on Mahomes after you ignored the late hit on Burrow a few mins earlier. Those refs were horrible. They weren’t even fishy-bad more completely-incompetent-bad. Great work
@NFL

Mike Greenberg
@Espngreeny
This is an abject disgrace.
If the play was shut down why did they let it go?
The #Bengals should be outraged.
#AFCChampionshipGame

Mike Greenberg
@Espngreeny
The officiating in this game was unimaginably terrible. And very one sided. But that was an obvious call. [[Ossai penalty]] And it ended the #Bengals season.
#AFCChampionshipGame

Doug Kyed
@DougKyed
Has to be among the worst officiated games of all time? Refs botched a play so badly that the Chiefs got a do-over.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:39 AM)Destro Wrote: Bengals fans looking more pathetic than the O-line. State of things now. Can’t lose anything without it being rigged. Bengals could have done one of a dozen things and had the game but did not. Bengals pooped the bed, led by poor oline play, poor play calls and bad play. If this was the Saints vs Bears, many would not be squealing like they are.

I said before, this is my favorite Bengals team. I wanted them in the Super Bowl and winning it. It’s easy to blame the refs for everything instead of a Bengal. Prefer factual reasons. We beat ourselves in all phases.

Both things can be true at the same time. With sport organizations all around the world being exposed left and right plus NFL history with the Bengals, even many non Bengals fans have questioned those refs. And yes, Bengals should had won despite all these things.
Reply/Quote
Then it was rigged for the Bengals to make the Super Bowl last year and for them to make it to the conference championship this year, right? Didn’t happen without the NFL making it so, right? The reason no one called a block in the back on that fumbled return last week, right? Can’t benefit from it then complain about it.

If rigged, stop watching and stop posting. Ending already written. No need to speak on it. Go watch wrestling then. At least they got women tumbling around.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:44 AM)mitano Wrote: Both things can be true at the same time. With sport organizations all around the world being exposed left and right plus NFL history with the Bengals, even many non Bengals fans have questioned those refs. And yes, Bengals should had won despite all these things.

And plenty of people, including Bengals fans, are wrong. Bengals played poorly. Clearly. They played the number one seed in the NFL. Don’t think both things can happen at the same time. Played poorly against the Ravens of all people, too.

Without a late hit (clear foul) it would be a 60 yarder. If the game was rigged, that’s cutting it pretty close.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:39 AM)Destro Wrote: Bengals fans looking more pathetic than the O-line. State of things now. Can’t lose anything without it being rigged. Bengals could have done one of a dozen things and had the game but did not. Bengals pooped the bed, led by poor oline play, poor play calls and bad play. If this was the Saints vs Bears, many would not be squealing like they are.

Factual reasons

Let’s count the ridiculous calls or no calls that screwed the bengals in 4th and then name the bad calls against chiefs.

The o line was awful and that also cost us the game but so did the refs.

That is factual.

Read the comments by other non bengals fans about the completely inconsistent and incompetent officiating.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:54 AM)Destro Wrote: And plenty of people, including Bengals fans, are wrong. Bengals played poorly. Clearly. They played the number one seed in the NFL. Don’t think both things can happen at the same time. Played poorly against the Ravens of all people, too.

Without a late hit (clear foul) it would be a 60 yarder. If the game was rigged, that’s cutting it pretty close.

Except the late hit, other calls in the 4th were in favor of the Chiefs. Even without the hit, it will go into overtime and with that kind of officiating they can influence the game.

The Chiefs are the #1 seed and we played poorly but guess what, the Chiefs also played poorly in the 2nd half at home. So both things can happen at the same time. In a close game where both teams have bad plays, some bad refs calls can change the outcome. We should win this game even with bad calls but it's like the Chiefs can have all those bad plays in the 4th but we cannot do that. I put this loss on the Bengals too but if you cannot acknowledge those refs calls, I don't know what to say more.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 09:24 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Factual reasons

Let’s count the ridiculous calls or no calls that screwed the bengals in 4th and then name the bad calls against chiefs.

The o line was awful and that also cost us the game but so did the refs.

That is factual.

Read the comments by other non bengals fans about the completely inconsistent and incompetent officiating.

Look at the game and see how many times the Bengals could be called for penalties that were not. We some a number of them. Ten things were bad that game but only focusing on the only one that was not wearing orange that day is short sighted. Let’s count the bad plays calls and bad plays in the fourth quarter that cost us the game. Beat people shy away from that.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:54 AM)Destro Wrote: And plenty of people, including Bengals fans, are wrong. Bengals played poorly. Clearly. They played the number one seed in the NFL. Don’t think both things can happen at the same time. Played poorly against the Ravens of all people, too.

You are very quick to impugn Bengals fans and blame the Bengals team, but much of the NFL world, outside KC, including top announcers and analysts (Bill Simmons, Mike Greenberg, etc.), are stating the officiating was very one-sided. I'm not of the camp the game was rigged. But the officiating was atrocious and officiated by part-time officials whose main jobs are as middle school principals and high-school teachers and salesmen and farm owners and tax accountants -- all playing under the glare of a high-pressure game in front of a massive KC crowd. And they wilted big time. 

I'm not so ready to bend over and pretend to be the Washington Generals and just take it.

Here is a link to some of the comments:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10063426-embarrassing-refs-blasted-by-nfl-twitter-during-bengals-vs-chiefs-afc-title-game
Reply/Quote
- The 3rd down play they made us replay was absurd but we didn’t give up any points that drive.

- The grounding play was legit and Hurst ended up picking up the 1st on 3 and 16 lol

- Ossia hit Maholmes 10 yards out of bounds can’t argue that.

- Hilton play questionable got there a tad early

We got outplayed bottom line.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 09:37 AM)lone bengal Wrote: - The 3rd down play they made us replay was absurd but we didn’t give up any points that drive.

*** Lost field position

- The grounding play was legit and Hurst ended up picking up the 1st on 3 and 16 lol

*** Why not the one on Mahomes? That was even more evident. He didn't have a receiver in the area. Burrow had Perine in the area.

- Ossia hit Maholmes 10 yards out of bounds can’t argue that.

*** Can't argue with that. It was legit. But how miss the holding call that would have nullified that. Or the block in the back on the punt that would have had the Chiefs start back near their 20. Or how about the obvious late Hit on Burrow that would have moved the ball another 15 yards for the Bengals.

- Hilton play questionable got there a tad early

** The ref analysts, Stenatore, said it never should have been called.

We got outplayed bottom line.

We lost by 3 points in a game with very poor, one-sided officiating. Which I think is widely acknowledged among NFL announcers and analysts. Not sure we got outplayed. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 09:36 AM)Nepa Wrote: You are very quick to impugn Bengals fans and blame the Bengals team, but much of the NFL world, outside KC, including top announcers and analysts (Bill Simmons, Mike Greenberg, etc.), are stating the officiating was very one-sided. I'm not of the camp the game was rigged. But the officiating was atrocious and officiated by part-time officials whose main jobs are as middle school principals and high-school teachers and salesmen and farm owners and tax accountants -- all playing under the glare of a high-pressure game in front of a massive KC crowd. And they wilted big time. 

I'm not so ready to bend over and pretend to be the Washington Generals and just take it.

Here is a link to some of the comments:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10063426-embarrassing-refs-blasted-by-nfl-twitter-during-bengals-vs-chiefs-afc-title-game

It’s called confirmation bias. Want to go to an echo chamber where people pool together a few tweets from the 10,000 people out there that support your position, then yeah, there’s a few.

I had a long drive and have heard some talking heads, but they too say it was the poor play that did the Bengals in. Officiating was poor, but it is in every game. When we lose, that is the go to excuse. People were crying rigged every week until we eventually won. It is the go to excuse. Always someone else’s fault. If the bengals did one of a DOZEN things, it would be a Bengals/Eagles Super Bowl.

Instead, people pick 3 or 4 things that happen with officials for why we lost. It was pathetic when the Ravens did it. When Bills fans did it, now it’s pathetic when Bengals fans do it.
Reply/Quote