Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
#NFL Rigged???
(01-30-2023, 03:26 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Same ref and his crew from the SB last year with the bullshit hold on Logan Wilson that conveniently missed the block in the bock on the punt return and the two holds by the KC line on the run. If Cincy played like dog shit so did KC but they got the calls to help their dog shit performance win.

All true.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:16 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why the **** would I need to check Twitter? To see even more people’s doofy claims of conspiracy?

Do you have any idea how many people it would take to pull off the shit that you suggest? And it’s been going on for decades and no one involved has ever come clean? The mental gymnastics required to actually believe this shit is comical.

Ask Tim Donaghy. I am always surprised how easily people dismiss the possibility of altering outcomes given the amount of gambling, tv revenue etc. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:30 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Ask Tim Donaghy. I am always surprised how easily people dismiss the possibility of altering outcomes given the amount of gambling, tv revenue etc. 

Oh it's possible. UFC just had that Krause guy suspended. 

NBA has a statistician accusation where a team stats guy is attributing steals and blocks to a guy to boost his dpoy odds.

That said, I don't think this game was rigged. We honestly got outplayed most of the game.
Reply/Quote
How many inside screens did Joe throw in the dirt because of poor scheme and blocking? 2 or 3?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:31 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Where are all of the " the NFL is influenced/rigged " deniers hiding?

I'm not going to waste any more time with this stupid shit. If you wanna be stupid, be stupid.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:55 AM)Synric Wrote: How many inside screens did Joe throw in the dirt because of poor scheme and blocking? 2 or 3?

Atleast.

And in the 4th quarter, how many short throws with some being screens did the Chiefs do that gained 10+ yards.

That was a big difference.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:43 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The things I'll remember are Hayden's TD drop and Burrow having the ball with 2 minutes left and game tied. A lot had to go wrong for them to lose in regulation.

The Hurst drop was well defended.

We had 2 late cracks at a score on offense.

The Ossai pf was huge. The Chiefs throw a hail Mary without that.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, one of the most "what's going on here?" moments involved Mahommes fumble throwing the ball to us when he was driving to put the game into a score territory where many casual fans would have declared it "over" and turned it off and thus stopped watching all those precious commercials.

Yes. Stuff like that just doesn't happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:30 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Ask Tim Donaghy. I am always surprised how easily people dismiss the possibility of altering outcomes given the amount of gambling, tv revenue etc. 

It's because they  DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE that the league has its finger on the scales. Fact is, there's too much money involved for there not to be league-influenced outcomes. Anywhere there is big money there is corruption.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:07 AM)Science Friction Wrote: It's because they  DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE that the league has its finger on the scales. Fact is, there's too much money involved for there not to be league-influenced outcomes. Anywhere there is big money there is corruption.

The Bengals are probably the most watched team. Why would they conspire against them? 
Reply/Quote
I think the rigged talk really happened because of all the nonsense late in the game:

1) Refs ignore flagrant late hit on Burrow which would have extended our drive and indeed had us closing in to Money Mac range.

2) Refs ignore blatant block in the back on the punt - no big return and Chiefs starting around their own 15-20 instead.

3) Refs ignore multiple holds including a choke hold on Mahomes run.

Then they throw the rag on a ticky tack late hit on Ossai.

Add in Torbert's bad reputation (not just affecting us) of really iffy calls late in games and the scandal is why the NFL gave him a playoff game period. It is in the same league of awfulness as the league letting John Parry ref that playoff game after he screwed up the regular season game.

This isn't the usual NFL "we wuz robbed" situation. It is a real scandal and the league should be PUBLICLY shamed over it and forced to respond.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:56 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not going to waste any more time with this stupid shit. If you wanna be stupid, be stupid.

Saw a thread and poll on a Reds' board a few weeks ago and a discussion among some longtime members and very intelligent posters  who regularly post on national politics, world history, philosophy & religion , etc and more than half of them either definitely believed the league influenced games or said it was probably more likely than not that they influenced games .   So, not all  critically thinking adults  are as willing to dismiss the idea that the league influences outcomes as you are so willing to do. Again, where there is big money, there is always some dishonest dealings going on. Not a far-fetched idea at all.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
The Ossai hit is a personal foul 100 out of 100 times. Nothing ticky tack about it.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals are probably the most watched team. Why would they conspire against them? 

Not sure. But there may come a time when they leverage for the Bengals. I'm sure it's somehow tied to money. It always is. ALWAYS. The Bengals my be he beneficiaries one day, if the money is right. I know three folks who live in Vegas and bet sports every day of the week. It's what they do. They won't bet NFL because they say they can't trust the outcomes.  You can trust Goodell; I never will.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Ossai hit is a personal foul 100 out of 100 times. Nothing ticky tack about it.

It was ticky tack and more Mahomes playacting than anything else. Also, AT WORST it should have been offsetting with the uncalled holds. And had they caught the block in the back that happened RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM none of it happens in the first place. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:26 AM)Joelist Wrote: It was ticky tack and more Mahomes playacting than anything else. Also, AT WORST it should have been offsetting with the uncalled holds. And had they caught the block in the back that happened RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM none of it happens in the first place. 

The officials saw the block in the back and refused to call it. How do the deniers explain that?
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:18 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Saw a thread and poll on a Reds' board a few weeks ago and a discussion among some longtime members and very intelligent posters  who regularly post on national politics, world history, philosophy & religion , etc and more than half of them either definitely believed the league influenced games or said it was probably more likely than not that they influenced games .   So, not all  critically thinking adults  are as willing to dismiss the idea that the league influences outcomes as you are so willing to do. Again, where there is big money, there is always some dishonest dealings going on. Not a far-fetched idea at all.

People are naive to the fact that rigging is involved in their favorite sport, it takes out the enjoyment and afraid to realize the league might not like certain teams because of owners, money, politics, bettings... while favor other teams. FIFA already exposed rigging games, got money under the table from countries leaders, rigging WC hosting process. There's proof already because the US is salty about FIFA and get FBI involved. If a league involved many countries can be like that, good luck with your NFL and NBA. 

After this game, sure if only we execute better and have a decent O-line, we might overcome it. But people need to realize KC makes mistakes too and in a close game, certain calls in favor of them is the difference. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 04:32 AM)mitano Wrote: People are naive to the fact that rigging is involved in their favorite sport, it takes out the enjoyment and and afraid to realize the league might not like certain teams because of owners, money, politics, bettings... while favor other teams. FIFA already exposed rigging games, got money under the table from countries leaders, rigging WC hosting process. There's proof already because the US is salty about FIFA and get FBI involved. If a league involved many countries can be like that, good luck with your NFL and NBA. 

After this game, sure if only we execute better and have a decent O-line, we might overcome it. But people need to realize KC makes mistakes too and in a close game, certain calls in favor of them is the difference. 

The NFL would never rigg the sport because there is more money in uncertainty. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Rooting for the Bengals is like rooting for the guy with the Iraqi flag to beat Hulk Hogan, I tells ya.

Where are Gen. Adnan and Col. Mustafa when you need them?
Reply/Quote
chiefs get blasted by the eagles. make no mistake about it. only difference is they won't need as much officiating to achieve it.
Reply/Quote