Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
#NFL Rigged???
(01-30-2023, 01:21 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t believe the NFL is rigged. But man, they sure do make it easy for people to believe so.

It is not scripted but it is influenced, without a doubt. People underestimate how very easy it is to influence the outcome of a game. A couple of key non-holding or block in the back calls, some bad ball placement, a do-over play. Very easy, indeed. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why you trust Roger Stokoe Goodell.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Bullshit game
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:05 AM)mitano Wrote: Both the Bengals didn't play/execute well enough at the end and the refs are one sided can be true at the same time.

And both were true.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
They got the unsportsmanlike conduct call right while missing two blatant holds on the same play.

In the fourth quarter call after call went the way of the chiefs.

The after the fact totally chicken shit intentional grounding was just as bad as the do over or our guy literally getting tackled from behind on the last punt.

Or how about several late hits on Burrow that were not callled.

Not our best game because o line got dominated but the refs absolutely changed the outcome of this game with really outrageous calls or no calls.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's entertainment pure and simple..Rigged or not would you stand up in a crowded theater and yell, "IT'S RIGGED! THE STUPID F*CKFACE STILL GETS THE HOT GIRL IN THE END AND SHE'S BEEN BLOWING THE THEATER MANAGER IN THE MENS ROOM! ?  Hilarious
I don't care if it's rigged or not anymore. I get free entertainment out of it AND for free I get to pretend the Bengals and Reds players ALL love Cincinnati too much to ever want to leave for any kind of money.. Now THAT'S rigged! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:24 AM)samhain Wrote: I didn't quite grasp the rigged narrative until I saw some of the images. Blatant hold on Trey. Hands to Adeniji's face by Jones on the phantom grounding play. Block in the back on Morgan. Ugly stuff.

I still chalk the loss up to a depleted OL, but it will be fun to see how far this thing goes.

It would be hilarious for KC to finally beat the Bengals and have the entire football watching nation think it was a fraud.

Imo the Eagles are a buzz saw anyway. KC gets the privilege of running into it.

I was SCREAMING hold on that last play.

Reply/Quote
In all fairness, one of the most "what's going on here?" moments involved Mahommes fumble throwing the ball to us when he was driving to put the game into a score territory where many casual fans would have declared it "over" and turned it off and thus stopped watching all those precious commercials.
Reply/Quote
Where are all of the " the NFL is influenced/rigged " deniers hiding?
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:15 AM)Trademark Wrote: The NFL is rigged. Andy Reid faces his former team, at State Farm Stadium. (Mahomes does state farm commercials) and the Kelce brothers face each other. No point in supporting a rigged league

100% think the nfl wanted that an too bad the bengals helped them get it. i think the refs were under orders but bengals still had chances and just blew it. the refs were crooked as heck but they also didnt throw 2 picks or give up sacks or drop passes or miss taclkes.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:00 AM)Destro Wrote: Another way to look weak. There were calls that went against KC.if the Bengals scored, I’m sure holding would have been found on the replay of the drive. It is easy to look for excuses that don’t blame the ones we want to win. Bengals played bad, point blank. They had chances anc didn’t do anything with it. You want to be in the Super Bowl? Make the plays.

Rigged? Then it is rigged that we got this far. It is rigged we got to the Super Bowl last year. It’s rigged of it isn’t. You benefit or lose because of it. Can’t have it both ways.

What specific questionable calls went against KC?  I saw numerous questionable calls go against us but no questionable calls go against KC?  I still go back to the challenge on the receiver reaching his arm out and them giving him the spot despite his knee not being down until he had it against his chest.  The refs were horrible and incompetent 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:31 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Where are all of the " the NFL is influenced/rigged " deniers hiding?

They probably went to bed disappointed but secure with their feelings that the refs won't be able to influence a game where Burrow and our running game play at a fraction of their capability. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:31 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Where are all of the " the NFL is influenced/rigged " deniers hiding?

it was obvious they were under orders to fix this game no matter what. wish bengals had not made it easier on them
Reply/Quote
I'm not in the camp that it's rigged, but the officiating was atrocious.

Here are two websites that talk about the NFL world furious with the AFCCC referees:

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfl-world-furious-with-afc-championship-game-referees

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/chiefs-replay-third-down-afc-championship-bengals/ngiwl7pyjj9xjhzuqis0thnd
Reply/Quote
I had a bad feeling when the line was heavily bet on the Bengals...Vegas never loses.

There is WAY too much money in legal gambling going around for the NFL not to be swayed in some fashion.

Im just waiting till its our turn to win a SB before I kick the bucket!
Reply/Quote
The stupid morons still get the hot girls at the end and they're all blowing the stadium manager!  Wink Sing it from the rooftops! 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: They probably went to bed disappointed but secure with their feelings that the refs won't be able to influence a game where Burrow and our running game play at a fraction of their capability. 

YOU rigged it Nate..being from Arm Pits burg and all.. And you thought you had us all fooled didn't you?  ShockedYou probably talk with a PA accent too don't you? 

Reply/Quote
I have a question. I know that if one reaches the ball over the plane of the goal line, it counts as TD. But can one reach the ball over the line for the first down and willingly pull it back and the forward progress count at the furthest point? If a players runs and then reverses and goes back, the ball goes back. So, why would reaching the ball out be a first down if the person willing pulls it back before being down.
Reply/Quote
The things I'll remember are Hayden's TD drop and Burrow having the ball with 2 minutes left and game tied. A lot had to go wrong for them to lose in regulation.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:43 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The things I'll remember are Hayden's TD drop and Burrow having the ball with 2 minutes left and game tied. A lot had to go wrong for them to lose in regulation.

I’ll remember Jones owning our right tackle particularly on our last series.

But I’ll mostly remember the most one sided officiated game I’ve seen since 1968.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:46 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I’ll remember Jones owning our right tackle particularly on our last series.

But I’ll mostly remember the most one sided officiated game I’ve seen since 1968.

Adeniji isn't the worst backup in the world, but he's not a guy you want in there for more than a game or two.  He moved decently, but has no anchor at all.  

If I could replace one player in our two recent postseason losses, it would be him.  He is totally overmatched vs competent pass rushers.  KC knew it and put their best DL on him.  The strategy was a good one.
Reply/Quote